New RSV4 RF/RR | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New RSV4 RF/RR

Who and where in Ontario is selling Aprilia that offers knowledgeable warranty/service of Italian bikes? That means selling them with mechanics in the back with Italian motorcycle service experience. I've read so many Aprilia horror stories.

Mine's anythiing but, or I wouldn't have two of them.

Corsa Meccanica has done good work for me (adjusted valves, properly adjusted throttle bodies) and Wheelsport has also done good work. George @ Corsa is a character in his own right. I watched them do the first service on my RSV4 at Wheelsport, being a little nervous with a new dealer, but it was all good. I would shy away from Gearheads in Ottawa.

What about the insane fuel milage? I can ride beside my aprilia friends throttle for throttle and they run out of gas while I have half a tank left. Aprilia's fix for this was to release a MAP that kills all the bikes power under 6 or 16% (can't remember) throttle. In other words, making it useless for the street. This thread sums it up:

http://motobanzai.myfreeforum.org/archive/aprilia-rsv4-it-does-what__o_t__t_838.html

I really want to like Aprilia and not give Shaman PTSD, but I can't.

Hahaha... well, I get 185km out of a tank on my RSV4 before the warning light goes on, and there's 5L left in the tank. A little worse than my GSX-R but not much. Mind you, I also have -1 front sprocket, so it's a little bit worse than stock in terms of fuel. This doesn't bother me at all, I don't buy superbikes to commute. I do *not* cruise at a low speed.

The Tuono is pretty hard on fuel. Again, I didn't buy it to commute and do not care. It'll go about 200km to dry tank, but this is typical of big v-twins anyway. Beats the snot out of my buddy's VTR Superhawk, which is dry in about 150km.

I don't baby either of my Apes.

i.php

20150515094037-ffd762f7-la.jpg

Last edited:
It's a beauty in a lot of ways.

yea...its weird. Every time I see one online the almost non-existent tail and three eye mutant headlights make me go mehhh...but every time I see one especially in black and red its always awesome.

Mine's anythiing but, or I wouldn't have two of them.

Corsa Meccanica has done good work for me (adjusted valves, properly adjusted throttle bodies) and Wheelsport has also done good work. George @ Corsa is a character in his own right. I watched them do the first service on my RSV4 at Wheelsport, being a little nervous with a new dealer, but it was all good. I would shy away from Gearheads in Ottawa.

Agree with Shaman. If you break your Ape and bring it to George, he will take the parts from the new bike to fix yours. He will order those parts and put it back on his new bike when they arrive. He might charge you more but you get your bike fixed in no time, might not get that experience if you go to 2Wheel. But he is the kind of guy if he messes up he would make up a story and avoid taking responsibility.

This happened to a guy who had his Guzzi broken because Corsa's mechanic forgot to put gearbox oil on a maintenance service. You will like George (and vice versa) if you are the type of person who isn't worry about money. Recently he tried to sell me the OEM touring windscreen for Tuono and his price was 20% more expensive than what 2Wheel gave me. When I asked him why his price was higher, he said the marked up was only 24% and he blamed the exchange rate for that.

The thing I fiind with George is... if you pay what he asks, he gets things done very quickly and efficiently. He is money-motivated, which isn't hard to understand. I have issues with some of what I know, mind you.

The only thing I wonder about... is Carlos (Karlos?) still with him?

What about the insane fuel milage? I can ride beside my aprilia friends throttle for throttle and they run out of gas while I have half a tank left. Aprilia's fix for this was to release a MAP that kills all the bikes power under 6 or 16% (can't remember) throttle. In other words, making it useless for the street. This thread sums it up:

http://motobanzai.myfreeforum.org/archive/aprilia-rsv4-it-does-what__o_t__t_838.html

I really want to like Aprilia and not give Shaman PTSD, but I can't.

Actually my Tuono is more fuel efficient when I go crazy on the bike, V4 doesn't like stop and go kind of rides. The engine will burn almost the same amount of fuel whether you stop, slow or fast. When I was on my gix 600, I could go 400 km in one tank (350 km on average) when most of my friends on the same bike could only go 275 at most. Now on the Tuono my average is 14 km/litre, on a spirited riding without stop sign and traffic light I could get up to 18 km/litre.

It all depends on your riding style, some people like to rev high on low gear on the straight road especially on a sportbike where the power doesn't kick in until you hit 8k. For sure you can't compare I4 with V4, last year I took an S1K R out for a spirited ride and it was night and day compare to Tuono. The S1K R was comfortable and predictable (was on Track mode), Tuono is the exact opposite of that. I don't even like Tuono Track mode for street riding, might as well hand over my drivers license to the cop.

The thing I fiind with George is... if you pay what he asks, he gets things done very quickly and efficiently. He is money-motivated, which isn't hard to understand. I have issues with some of what I know, mind you.

The only thing I wonder about... is Carlos (Karlos?) still with him?

Exactly! I actually caught him lying twice which make it hard for me to go back there. Apparently one of his mechanics was also a money motivated person. When he worked on my bike he said all the sweet things that he would do this and that but he never did. I wonder if I have to give tips to mechanic here since looks like people in NA don't have motivation to work without tips.

Who is Carlos? I never heard of that name before.

Who is Carlos? I never heard of that name before.

His mechanic. Same one you mentioned. You could get him to do those mods after hours but on the clock, George intervened. Can't blame him for that, TBH!

But yeah, dealing with George means being cautious with what you ask. That said, the last two times I have dealt with him he came through for me. I think he knows that he needs to cut the @#$% because word got around quick. I deal with many people in sales and especially vertical market sales, and appealing to him in the right way gets things done. "I have money and if you want it, here's what you have to do." Works. :) Clearly, he came from a high-pressure sales background. Maybe knowing so many people of that kind gives me tolerance.

Wheelsport in Ottawa is 100%, no-nonsense business, a long way from the GTA but their shop is very good. There's less experience and less passion for the product there, however.

PS: George is having a sale this Saturday. Unless something intervenes, I will be there taking my RSV4 there for interval maintenance around 11am or so.

Last edited:
PS: George is having a sale this Saturday. Unless something intervenes, I will be there taking my RSV4 there for interval maintenance around 11am or so.

So are you suggesting that we should meet there and bad mouthing him in front of his loyal customers? :D

Last edited:
So are you saying that we should meet there and bad mouthing him in front of his loyal customers? :D

Hahaha no, not really. But maybe we'd get special treatment. ;)

Had an 01 RSVR back in 2001. Love the look etc of the new bikes but for the price there are other places id spend my money now.

Had an 01 RSVR back in 2001. Love the look etc of the new bikes but for the price there are other places id spend my money now.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh no idea how this is relevant. That's a 15 year old bike which is entirely different right down to the metallurgy than what they're selling today. Literally nothing is the same, other than the name on the bike.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh no idea how this is relevant. That's a 15 year old bike which is entirely different right down to the metallurgy than what they're selling today. Literally nothing is the same, other than the name on the bike.

Not comparing the two bikes. Just pointing out I was a fan of the brand , even had an rs250 at one point. For the price thesedays you have more options. I do wish they stayed with the v-twin though.

Not comparing the two bikes. Just pointing out I was a fan of the brand , even had an rs250 at one point. For the price thesedays you have more options. I do wish they stayed with the v-twin though.

Agree with you, we all have more important priorities as we get older. I still think Aprilia offers the best value for RSV4 and Tuono compare to their competitors. For sure it's still expensive, even the 600cc sportbikes nowadays are expensive IMO not to mention the insurance. But for people who want to get a litre sportbike or naked bike I think it's difficult not to consider Aprilia price and performance.

Not sure about the V-twin though, never tried the prev gen of RSV and Tuono before.

Back
Top Bottom