Commuting To Work | GTAMotorcycle.com

Commuting To Work

rwhammond

Hey all,

Not sure how many of you commute to work on your motorcycle and have to have a pass to get into your building.

I had my pass on a lanyard for a while but starting wondering if i ever fell would this strangle me to death? probably unlikely, but you never know. So i started putting it in my pocket but it was hard to get out with the gloves on and people behind me were getting very impatient. So i did some searching and found a good solution. its a arm band badge holder (http://www.seton.ca/ppe-safety-and-...nd-inserts/arm-band-badge-holders-sc1165.html). I can wear it under my jacket, tap in and i am good to go.

hope that helps someone else out.

Tank Bag. Key card is in the top pocket, no issues. Plus, I get more use out of a tank bag than I would a specific, dedicated arm band.

Also, do you want to be riding half the day with your work badge plastered on the outside of your jacket?

yeh, tank bags fine. i personally dont like them and this was a much cheaper solution.

Half the day? Your commute sounds awful. and like i said, mines under my jacket.

When I am visiting a family member in a condo with my bike, I just slide the mag card under my glove on top of my hand. That way when I get to the door I just have to back hand it.. lol

If it's a magnetic card, no need to take it out of your pocket. Just rub your pocket over it

I use a tankbag, pop it off to take into the office. I use a Nexus card to get to work, and I can't have it in anything, so tankbag works with a card holder. I also put my NY EZ-Pass in the tankbag, and it's not been an issue.

I have a givi luggage box and it was great, however I downgraded to a gears tank bag. Has a few compartments including one for a cell phone right on top. Something like that I can just grab fairly easy and put it in my locker at work.

Take your glove off and rest it near your triple when your done? I've never dropped a glove just don't corner too hard in the underground lol

My card stays in the left fairing pocket of my Concours. I press the button to open it, pull it out and tap the thing-a-ma-bob, drop it back in the box. Then once I park and take my helmet off I put it around my neck. I used to just keep it around my neck and unzip my jacket to grab it, but that was a pain in the neck.....lol

When I commuted, I stuck the card down the back of my glove (Guantlet gloves) perfect height on my bike that I just rode up to the sensor and it worked without moving hands from bars

Back
Top Bottom