I need help on an aftermarket exhaust | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need help on an aftermarket exhaust

I can't offer an informed opinion until I see a pic of the bike with you beside it, this will help calculate the total weight of the bike with the rider and in term offer the best solution for maximum apperal and looks without compromising performance.

I've had both a carbon Delkevic pipe and now currently running a Danmoto pipe. The Danmoto is so loud, even with the optional baffle installed. The Delkevic was loud, but not as obnoxious as my Danmoto. I would vote for Delkevic as the quality is there for the price. As others have said, go with a longer pipe and keep the baffle in.

I like attention too so I'm posting as well.

killerkeith I'm not seeking attention with whatever insinuating manner of which you are implying.

My full intention was to get advice and/or opinions from members with well-informed knowledge and experience. I'm seeking for an affordable exhaust with a decent to high quality built. I like the FMF exhaust but it averages the pricing of the higher-end aftermarket exhausts. So therefore, the 18" Delkevic may be the top contender I will be considering.

However, if your post is purely to be humourous, then I take no insult to your comment. I always welcome tasteful humour.

when i had my 250r, i've always wanted to get the yoshimura slip on. i thought the sound was just right and it looked a lot better than most of the other slip ons.

I recommend getting any exhaust you want regardless of volume, and wearing ear plugs when you ride. Especially on the highway...

I actually have experience in this from just last night.

i have the Yoshimura SS slip on and I'm not a big or tall rider. I just bought my 250 and it came with it. I put the stock back on and was FLOORED by the immense weight gain on the stock. And I mean, I was literally almost floored, I almost tipped the bike over on the exhaust side because I wasn't ready for just how imbalanced the extra weight puts on the right side of the bike. It was one of those "omigod, omigod, I'm tipping, I'm gonna fall over, ohsh*****t *grunt grunt push push* OK phew I saved it" moments.

honestly, I don't like the noise from the yoshimura, I prefer something quieter, but I'll be keeping the aftermarket because of the weight savings and overall I find the bike just handles so much better with the smaller pipe compared to the stock beast. The reality is, motorcycles are already loud, I don't find the yoshimura to be that much louder - it is a little - but mostly it's the tonality of the sound that changes.

really, if you haven't had the chance to compare the both, you won't know, but once you do compare them In weight, you will see what I mean.

I actually have experience in this from just last night.

i have the Yoshimura SS slip on and I'm not a big or tall rider. I just bought my 250 and it came with it. I put the stock back on and was FLOORED by the immense weight gain on the stock. And I mean, I was literally almost floored, I almost tipped the bike over on the exhaust side because I wasn't ready for just how imbalanced the extra weight puts on the right side of the bike. It was one of those "omigod, omigod, I'm tipping, I'm gonna fall over, ohsh*****t *grunt grunt push push* OK phew I saved it" moments.

That wasn't from the muffler.

How is it possible to almost tip a bike over from switching exhausts? I just can't wrap my head around this. Can you flat foot your bike at a stop or are you on the tips of your toes?
I had to look this up: http://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/en/product/syousai.php?id=15659
It seems there is less than a 5kg difference between stock or Yosh... 10lbs? Help me understand.

I'm telling ya, it happened, it's a lot of weight all on one side, and, I believe the weight difference is significant and it sits far out on the right side of the bike. I'm sure I could learn to drive with the stock, but I feel the difference for sure. The stock also caused my bike to rumble more. If you do searches on the internet you'll see that one of the biggest complaints about the pipe is its weight.

98af8ddfade33426cad46fc0b75282fc.jpg

48763ddd060e753a233667991c9b5f68.jpg

That's a "weight reduction" and honestly you'd never notice it standing the bike up or not. 10 lbs is a nice difference but in the grand scheme of things not immediately noticeable especially sitting still. It's in your head.

I'm telling ya, it happened, it's a lot of weight all on one side, and, I believe the weight difference is significant and it sits far out on the right side of the bike. I'm sure I could learn to drive with the stock, but I feel the difference for sure. The stock also caused my bike to rumble more. If you do searches on the internet you'll see that one of the biggest complaints about the pipe is its weight.

I could hang a 100 lb dumbbell on one clip on and not come close to tipping over. Think about who your audience is before you say stuff like this.

It's time to hit the gym and save the stories.

I have a full system from the previous owner. Titanium system, the muffler is carbon fiber which is cut short. When I remove it, it literally light as plastic, no joke

I have a full system from the previous owner. Titanium system, the muffler is carbon fiber which is cut short. When I remove it, it literally light as plastic, no joke
does the bike ever fall over onto the left side because the muffler is so light?

I am not sure what the source of all this flaming is. All I can tell you, is my personal experience. You may disagree with it, but it happened. You guys don't know how much I can lift. What if, the bike with the aftermarket exhaust was already just at the limit for me to handle? That extra weight from the exhaust (which is about 20 pounds) could've been just too much for me - the tipping point - and could be what caused me to struggle to keep the bike upright when it leaned.

BTW the comments about the gym were a bit rich, I hope this is not what the biking community is like. I am sensing A very crotchety tone from some particular individuals here! I go to the gym 3-4x a week which is more than most people, I put tonnes of effort into it, motorcycles are heavy...period.

For the record I wasn't flaming. I was pointing out my experience. Riding my bike with the stock can or aftermarket which is considerably smaller and lighter didn't change at all how it feels . I believe I dropped something like 16 lbs and I can't notice on my 400 lb machine. :dontknow:

I am not sure what the source of all this flaming is. All I can tell you, is my personal experience. You may disagree with it, but it happened. You guys don't know how much I can lift. What if, the bike with the aftermarket exhaust was already just at the limit for me to handle? That extra weight from the exhaust (which is about 20 pounds) could've been just too much for me - the tipping point - and could be what caused me to struggle to keep the bike upright when it leaned.

BTW the comments about the gym were a bit rich, I hope this is not what the biking community is like. I am sensing A very crotchety tone from some particular individuals here! I go to the gym 3-4x a week which is more than most people, I put tonnes of effort into it, motorcycles are heavy...period.

It could be that all the gym work made you too powerful. When you stood it upright your left leg gave it so much thrust that the momentum was almost impossible to stop with your unprepared but powerful right leg.

Just a theory of course.

Back
Top Bottom