I need help on an aftermarket exhaust | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need help on an aftermarket exhaust

motorchick

I ride a 2011 CBR250RAB. I don't want to spend too much money on a new exhaust but I want replace the stock exhaust. Any recommendations on one that's not too loud and one that's very affordable?

Last edited:
I ride a 2011 CBR250RAB. I don't want to spend too much money on a new exhaust but I want replace the stock exhaust. Any recommendations on one that's not too loud and one that's very affordable?
Affordable? Damn straight: https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/ind...ducts_id=677&zenid=36bl8p2er93ngmccui70n45ko4

Sounds freakin AWESOME on the CBR250, like a helicopter is doing a flyby :) If you don't want it super loud then get this for it: https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/ind...ducts_id=298&zenid=36bl8p2er93ngmccui70n45ko4

[video=youtube;vbqP388YBhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqP388YBhE[/video]

Last edited:

Why? Weight savings or noise? See...chances are you might not have that bike too long and when you sell it no one gives a hoot what you paid for the pipe and they won't offer you more cash for it. Too loud and you open yourself up to the new noise ticket crap that seems to be happening more frequently. If you just want to do it because...well you just do, see if Delkevic makes a pipe for your bike. Great quality at low prices. I had a carbon Delkevic pipe on my last bike and it was great. My advice...save your money for now.

Yoshi makes a slip on for it that sounds decent. That said I agree if it's a first bike that you're likely to not keep for long then I wouldn't spend the money.

Why? Weight savings or noise? See...chances are you might not have that bike too long and when you sell it no one gives a hoot what you paid for the pipe and they won't offer you more cash for it. Too loud and you open yourself up to the new noise ticket crap that seems to be happening more frequently. If you just want to do it because...well you just do, see if Delkevic makes a pipe for your bike. Great quality at low prices. I had a carbon Delkevic pipe on my last bike and it was great. My advice...save your money for now.

I did have the Delkevic but I returned back to stock because I couldn't handle the loudness of the exhaust even with the silencer.

As for the 'why?' question, the sound of the stock is great, even though it's too soft of a sound, I just couldn't stand the look of it. Therefore, I prefer to have a sportier-looking exhaust.

I guess it's very personal, but I think the stock exhaust on that bike looks pretty classy and integrated. Way better than some monstrosities I've seen. I saw a pic with a 2 brothers pipe on and it just looked run of the mill.

yoshimura_trc_slip_on_exhaust_honda_cbr250_r20112012_zoom.jpg

I guess it's very personal, but I think the stock exhaust on that bike looks pretty classy and integrated. Way better than some monstrosities I've seen. I saw a pic with a 2 brothers pipe on and it just looked run of the mill.

My cbr250 will be my bike for a while longer because unfortunately I'm petite in height so my choices of brand bikes are limited. Most importantly, I do not like the look of the stock.

My preference of an aftermarket exhaust for my cbr250, is the FMF. It looks sporty and the sound is just right!

I'm very happy with my carbon Delkevic. Was quite cheap compared to other companies' products but the quality is there. Sounds great too. Not obnoxious loud but noticeable and rich.
The only problem was I couldn't find them locally at all, however shipping from the States ended up being not that much.

My preference of an aftermarket exhaust for my cbr250, is the FMF. It looks sporty and the sound is just right!

So you already know what you want, go for it.

My cbr250 will be my bike for a while longer because unfortunately I'm petite in height so my choices of brand bikes are limited. Most importantly, I do not like the look of the stock.

Most bikes have lowering kits made for them. There's a small trade off in handling sometimes though. The odd bike here and here has adjustable height seats too or occasionally there are OEM lower accessory seats. You're not limited to any one bike at all.

The cbr250 exhaust was designed to be replaced. It's an environmental travesty; I'm sure there are 10s of thousands of them in landfills.

Although I recommend you keep it stock, just know the bigger the can the quieter it will be (ie. don't buy the danmoto).

I recommend this one. It's simple, not too loud and is affordable. Do not get anything shorter than 18" and don't remove the baffles.

18" Oval Stainless Steel Silencer Delkevic US KIT0672

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LOYJRKU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I second B-B's advice, not needing a remap or jetting is the right direction with the Delkevic, you can go back to stock for resale if desired and everything still runs right. Buy some exhausts and be prepared to throw a couple hundred at getting the engine running well.

Back
Top Bottom