halton police interaction | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

halton police interaction

I think so many people forget or dont understand...first impressions and the first words out of your mouth determine how you are going to be treated. Act like a dick and question why this cop is bothering you...enjoy your ticket. I have NEVER had a bad experience with a cop! Had a few nice ones dropped...a 58 over turned into a warning. Why...because they were not the problem, I WAS.
Get over your attitude the next time you get stopped...they may surprise you ;)
Ride safe this year boys and girls...we lost a lot of riders last year.

I think so many people forget or dont understand...first impressions and the first words out of your mouth determine how you are going to be treated. Act like a dick and question why this cop is bothering you...enjoy your ticket. I have NEVER had a bad experience with a cop! Had a few nice ones dropped...a 58 over turned into a warning. Why...because they were not the problem, I WAS.
Get over your attitude the next time you get stopped...they may surprise you ;)
Ride safe this year boys and girls...we lost a lot of riders last year.

this......mostly.

Sometimes no matter what you say, you're getting the ticket. BUT the attitude test is a very real thing. I personally know a few cops from this very station and so many stories start with ".....and he failed the attitude test so I rang him up". I'm not saying you have to be all yes sir, no sir but some common courtesy is typically reciprocated.

Well said hedo. Yeah there's good and bad in every group. It's just that those of us in a particular group that think we are the good get painted by the same brush as the ones we think as bad. Thought I don't recall any bad stories about firefightrers. Just the nature of the group. Their main purpose is rescue in one form or another and for the most part, they can't "punish" you for anything. On the flip side there's priests....

Question...is it the OPP or years of abuse on the road (car and bike)???
Unfortunately they just have a few idiots with huge attitude problems. My friend owns the cafe in belfountain and some that come in there and patrol the area are actually nice. There are a few that are "anti motorcycle" and automatically are pricks even when they come in the store. Good and bad in every profession sure but the attitude there is they're kings of the world and you're scum.

Cynically, I find it interesting how the officer confirmed the pecking order and op was only to happy to fall into line. Imagine walking over to an officer out of the blue and offering some kind of assistance or favour. "Take a hike dirtbag" could easily be the reply.

Won't work if they are camping in a fishing spot handing out tickets. I had a ticket once for 70 in a 60. 13+ years history of clean history.. Thought I would get a warning.. Was polite etc. Got a ticket.
Anyway, back on topic yes, a lot of cops are ok. And a lot are not.

There are a few that are "anti motorcycle" and automatically are pricks even when they come in the store.

There's enough infighting in the m/c community to even consider motorcyclists "anti motorcycle" depending on the muffler or vest one chooses. I can just imagine how somebody who has no interest in motorcycles only sees motorcycles as a negative to society.

Depending on the cop who pulls you over, I wouldn't hold my breath that dropping his name will help you. We have an officer up here in PTBO who is famous for not giving an inch to anyone. He is known to never lower a ticket, always gives the full amount and tickets other officers in his detachment, EMS, Fire, and one officer I met claims this officer ticketed his own Mother. Best just to obey the law or not get caught.

There's enough infighting in the m/c community to even consider motorcyclists "anti motorcycle" depending on the muffler or vest one chooses. I can just imagine how somebody who has no interest in motorcycles only sees motorcycles as a negative to society.
I see their side. Belfountain is not a fun place for them for weekends all summer long. Full of tourists and yahoos who think they're the next Rossi on forks. I get it but even though it sucks it doesn't justify how a few of them are towards others (they're even rude when they're in the shop ordering a coffee)

I see their side. Belfountain is not a fun place for them for weekends all summer long. Full of tourists and yahoos who think they're the next Rossi on forks. I get it but even though it sucks it doesn't justify how a few of them are towards others (they're even rude when they're in the shop ordering a coffee)

Deliberately rude or just not friendly?

On sunday morn I met up with 7 other riding friends at the timmies at walkers and dundas. So we are chilling with coffee and convo before the ride. This Halton copper in an suv pulls up to us.

Anyone else have funny... good or bad dealings with the police?

If he was in a black Ford SUV then it's probably the same cop that was following me at Dundas, Oakville last year. Was over the speed limit and saw no other car behind me but this SUV, got a bad feeling that it must be an unmarked cruiser. Then when I stop at the light I got a clear look of a guy in a police uniform in that car. He kept following me for a while then he turned around heading back to Oakville again.

If he was in a black Ford SUV then it's probably the same cop that was following me at Dundas, Oakville last year. Was over the speed limit and saw no other car behind me but this SUV, got a bad feeling that it must be an unmarked cruiser. Then when I stop at the light I got a clear look of a guy in a police uniform in that car. He kept following me for a while then he turned around heading back to Oakville again.

Unlikely
The cops from the Oakville station stay in Oakville and wouldn't come as far as Walkers. They're all Halton but they stick around their own areas

On sunday morn I met up with 7 other riding friends at the timmies at walkers and dundas. So we are chilling with coffee and convo before the ride. This Halton copper in an suv pulls up to us...gets out... walks over and of course I am thinking the worst. He was really cool saying he also rides a 600ss and of course I invite him out next week while all my buds are giving me the side eye :rolleyes:. He hung around for about 5 mins and upon leaving says "see ya around" and one of us commented "hope not to see ya around" cause of course that would be bad (tickets). Then what really blew my mind cop goes on with " you guys are good if any other halton police bother you my name is ++++++ have them contact me and I will take care of you guys" and I asked "but how" and he points to the suv "I am a supervisor (staff SGT)" the guy didn't look but maybe 28.

I wish all my dealings with the police were like this. So folks come and ride in halton at least there is one cool cop and now I have ammunition when I get pulled over in the future. My friend is a supervisor and his name is ******** hope to not have to use it but you never know.

Anyone else have funny... good or bad dealings with the police?

Decent!
Do you have a thread started for times and meets? Keen to hit Halton Hills or any other rides your organizing.

Best experience with a copper I had was at a strip club....something tells me she wasn't a real cop though! ;)

High and mighty and deliberately not nice. It's too bad. Like I said some of them in the area are super nice

LOL oh ya. I was coming up Shaw Creek to Bush St. intersection to hang a right into downtown Belfountain when I saw 2 cops standing back off the road. So I looked and gave a nod. The look on their faces, in unison, was unnerving to say the least. I wonder if they practice that in each others mirrored sunglasses.

" you guys are good if any other halton police bother you my name is ++++++ have them contact me and I will take care of you guys" and I asked "but how" and he points to the suv "I am a supervisor (staff SGT)" the guy didn't look but maybe 28.

Isn't this Ricky's "the Jim Trick?"

[video=youtube;kPdwDoLYp3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPdwDoLYp3Q[/video]

Not sure about this story.

I think it really depends on how your start the conversation with a cop but also depends on the cop. I have had both good and bad experiences with cops. Iv got let off one time with no seat belt, no signal, cell phone in hand and couldn't find my licence(all in one shot, and before you guys rage about the phone this was way before the cell phone law and I know all of you were guilty of it at some point so check yourself before you rip on me)... going on. The cop was cool after I told him I finished a night shift of 13 hrs and let me off.

One of my friends- OPP Cop in Wasaga Beach- last year pulled over a guy on a Zx6R doing 180 in a 80 zone. My buddy being a rider and reasoning with the guy understanding how easy it is to rip it for a second let the guy off with a warning and told him to slow it down.

So its a hit or miss in my opinion.... just my 2 cents

THE BEST:
I was pulled over on Dudas and Hwy 10 for an expired plate sticker, and driver license. I told the cop I was away on vacation for a few months and forgot. He handed me a bunch of tickets but said if I can present a vilid plate sticker, driver license and insurance slip within 24hrs at Erin Mill and Hwy 10 police station. All the tickets would be cancelled and they did!:eek:

THE BAD:
Parked my scooter near Young and Eglington in front of Future Shop on a pay and display spot 2 years ago. Saw a cop in front of my scooter writing a ticket, I ran across the street and told she I am legally parked. She said she never heard such by-law, while her partner pasted by and she agreed with me. I thought that was the end of it but thought wrong! She gave me a ticket anyway and said I can contest it in court if I disagree?

I took a picture of the 2 police officers together along with my scooter and the parking sign. I did contest in court but the officer never showed up. The prosecutor bluffed but failed, made me wait half an hour only to drop the charge.

NOW, THE UGLY:
I filed an abuse of authority by a Toronto police officer with [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]OIPRD. They did everything and came up with every excuses in the book to convince my not to proceed. After I persist, they finally past my file to a Toronto detective who "investigated" and agreed with me that the office was wrong and never should have issued the ticket.

Some months later, I checked my complaint online but it didn't exist! I called OIPRD and found out the file number they emailed me was wrong and the file had been closed months ago. Apparently, the director of OIPRD feels that "the officer did not deserve to have her reputation tarnished by this" They never informed me and since it was more then 30 days of the date of the decision. It was no long available for appeal. What a waste of time
[/FONT]:(

Back
Top Bottom