halton police interaction | GTAMotorcycle.com

halton police interaction

the bandit

Banned
Site Supporter
On sunday morn I met up with 7 other riding friends at the timmies at walkers and dundas. So we are chilling with coffee and convo before the ride. This Halton copper in an suv pulls up to us...gets out... walks over and of course I am thinking the worst. He was really cool saying he also rides a 600ss and of course I invite him out next week while all my buds are giving me the side eye :rolleyes:. He hung around for about 5 mins and upon leaving says "see ya around" and one of us commented "hope not to see ya around" cause of course that would be bad (tickets). Then what really blew my mind cop goes on with " you guys are good if any other halton police bother you my name is ++++++ have them contact me and I will take care of you guys" and I asked "but how" and he points to the suv "I am a supervisor (staff SGT)" the guy didn't look but maybe 28.

I wish all my dealings with the police were like this. So folks come and ride in halton at least there is one cool cop and now I have ammunition when I get pulled over in the future. My friend is a supervisor and his name is ******** hope to not have to use it but you never know.

Anyone else have funny... good or bad dealings with the police?

Last edited:
sounds to me like he just borrowed his sargent bosses SUV for the night.... :lol:

sounds to me like he just borrowed his sargent bosses SUV for the night.... :lol:

Of course I thought we were being set up. I just finished googling his name and yes he has climbed the ranks real quick.
Couldn't ask for a better friend to ride in the group we would have our badge flasher and trump card :D

Last edited:
So.. just to get the fire going here.... are you satisfied with your positive police interaction, because:

A) you were treated like a human being
B) you were afforded possible preferential treatment (like the kind everyone ******* about how cops get amongst themselves)
C) bit of both A and B.

Cop throws weight around. Haven't seen that before.

sounds like a good interaction. Hope you never need the "get out of jail free" card, but always good to have. If this story make the call in radio show, hope you get on air :D

On sunday morn I met up with 7 other riding friends at the timmies at walkers and dundas. So we are chilling with coffee and convo before the ride. This Halton copper in an suv pulls up to us...gets out... walks over and of course I am thinking the worst. He was really cool saying he also rides a 600ss and of course I invite him out next week while all my buds are giving me the side eye :rolleyes:. He hung around for about 5 mins and upon leaving says "see ya around" and one of us commented "hope not to see ya around" cause of course that would be bad (tickets). Then what really blew my mind cop goes on with " you guys are good if any other halton police bother you my name is ++++++ have them contact me and I will take care of you guys" and I asked "but how" and he points to the suv "I am a supervisor (staff SGT)" the guy didn't look but maybe 28.

I wish all my dealings with the police were like this. So folks come and ride in halton at least there is one cool cop and now I have ammunition when I get pulled over in the future. My friend is a supervisor and his name is ******** hope to not have to use it but you never know.

Anyone else have funny... good or bad dealings with the police?

always even when I was arrested and went to jail 2 times. Sounds like you have a hole friends

I had an OPP cop come striding over to me in a small village that I'd just had a really nice, reasonably speedy and very enjoyable ride to. While I was wondering how he had seen me and where he'd been hiding he asked about my bike and told me he had a KLR etc etc. Stayed chatting for about 5-10 mins. All in all very pleasant. To be honest I've never had a bad interaction with a cop here.

You really trusted the cop?

You really trusted the cop?
They're not all in on some big conspiracy eh. Some of my good friends and family, even an ex are all cops and they're all decent people. Funny enough the ex is a halton cop and she won't even look at you for 20 over. The minute it's 21 you're going to have a chat but that should be expected. :dontknow:

well why don't you tell us his name so we can pull it out on his buddies when they harass us...

always even when I was arrested and went to jail 2 times. Sounds like you have a hole friends
So now it all makes sense... the canadian version of Pablo Escobar ;). Why would friends be aholes cause they were skeptical of his intentions?

Justinrr why wouldnt I trust him if he was trying to set us up all he really had to do was wait for us to leave and hit the cherries.

Loneronin if I were to give out his name and he ends up riding in the group it sure would make me look like and feel like a jerk.

I live in Halton, I've never had a ticket I did not deserve and once was granted a very LARGE good grace favor. Not all police are bad guys.IMHO.

Are we ever going to decide if cops are good or cops are bad? It has to be one or the other. This good cop bad cop routine is so yesterday and so confusing. On television you have persons of interest shot in the back, denied fresh air and bowled over by police and in meatspace where I do all my speeding I get treated with fairness and otherwise left unbothered. So confusing. Well, I guess a small consolation is knowing the cops always hold the upper hand 100%.

Here are some names you can drop when being pulled over by the OPP;
http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/251628056.8.pdf

But in all seriousness I've always had good interactions with cops when riding a bike and no speeding tickets ever (just pulled over but never given tickets). Not sure why Mr. Halton police officer would allow the name dropping, he was probably just doing that to try and impress you guys!

Believe it or not cops are HUMAN. You get good ones, you get bad ones. Just as you do with teachers, doctors, lawyers, daycare providers, parents. There is well over a million officers just in the US, (Counting all forms, local, state, federal, military, coast guard etc). Generally we only hear of the bad when things go wrong. Just as with parents, we don't hear when a parent does something right and nice, but we certainly hear of the tragedy when a child is forgotten in the back seat of a car on a hot day. Rarely do we see the good, (like the NYPD officer who gave the homeless guy boots 2 winters ago). Then when it came out it was said he did it only because he knew it would be a "good news story"

I had one fellow very early in my career, (so early 80"s), I picked him up for imparied. To him I was the scum of the earth and he made sure to tell me everytime our paths crossed..lol Then about 2 years later he had a infant, and the child had stopped breathing I was first on scene. I was able to clear the airway and save the child.

Now was I a "good cop" or a "bad cop"???

The night I saved his childs life he said nothing to me. I left, (I wasn't expecting him to do or say anything to me, after all I was just doing my job). About 6 months later our paths crossed again, (no official reason we were just same place at the same time). He came over shook my hand and said "I have been struggling with this for way too long. I always thought you were a p rick, because you arrested me. Then you saved my kids life. To me you are now a hero"

I simply said "thank you for the kind words but I am neither a p rick nor a hero. I was just doing my job in both cases. But I am glad I have made a difference in your life"

Obviously this conversation has stuck with me for 30+ years, so it did have an impact. But had I not been a "p rick" that night and he had been in an accident while impaired the child may have never existed in the first place for me to be honored to save it's life 2 years later.

Now did I ever give anyone an "attitude adjustment", sure I did. But I am human I am sure there were things that some would view as "wrong or bad". But I also did a lot of good. But mostly I just did my job.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom