Parking Ticket On Humber Property | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking Ticket On Humber Property

So today I got a parking ticket because I parked in a parking spot where apparently I cannot park without consent. Okay I get it, if I was parking a car then yes I wouldn't even argue. However I didnt block any entrances, or driveways or anything like that. I am aware that motorcycles are exempt from some parking regulations such as not paying while parking in a pay display parking lot. Long story short this is the spot in which I parked http://postimg.org/image/f7lufugg1/. It says I parked on private property without consent. Should I even fight it? Do you guys think I would win if I say that even if I got consent where would I place the slip or whatever, because anyone can just come and grab it off the bike and place it in their vehicle. Also, the parking sign says no parking without consent on the side of the street. I wasn't even parked on the side of the street... so I don't know. What do u guys think.

Last edited:
Oh noez the butthurt brigade got here first.

That looks like a city ticket security a guard wrote. It's not from a full time enforcement agent since they have the ticket printers. Dunno what they have to do exactly, but somehow they have to file it with the city to be enforced. Wait, don't do anything. In my experience with more than five of those the guards don't file them and you don't get the notice at home to pay the ticket.

Also if it comes down to it, and you get the notice take it to court if it's worth your time and money. I doubt the security guard will show.

humber north? you must pay for parking. humber south? park in green p parking.

pay the ticket.

just saw that that is humber south. you are supposed to park on lakeshore, where it is free.

Is it really worth your time to fight a $30 ticket?

Even if you're on salary, would you really rather go to the court and sit around for 2 hours instead of doing something else?

Don't pay it right away, wait for the "Notice of Impending Conviction" in the mail. Once you get that, you can decide whether you'll take it to court or pay it.

It all really depends on whether the $30 ticket is really worth your time and effort. You might be able to get a reduced fine if you're in financial hardship.

Generally, City ByLaw Officers do not wander onto private property and start ticketing vehicles. The owner or an agent representing the property (security, property manager, supervisor) would call 311 and request for an officer to be present.

You must have been there for a while if TPS arrived, if it's a security guard then they'll be doing that all day long.

Keep in mind that different places have different policies; I worked at a site where they tow vehicles at owner's expense on the second ticket.

Parking without owner's consent is very broad, essentially the owner has to erect some sort of sign that says no parking. And to that effect, there's one in your picture.

If you don't pay the ticket it'll end up being triple the costs after admin fees when you get your sticker renewal.

I also recommend removing the picture of the ticket in the OP or blacking out sensitive information with MSPaint: officer identity, your plate number, signature, ticket number.

Thanks for all the info guys. I have never gotten a parking ticket so that's why I'm asking. Once again thank you for the input :).

Could of of been a regular spot and got that ticket. All they need to prove is that you parked there without consent. Ie security guard calling Tps to tag a vehicle parked on their property.

remember. What's tagged could be towed....

... I am aware that motorcycles are exempt from some parking regulations such as not paying while parking in a pay display parking lot....

That's not true... You don't have to pay at "Pay and display" on the street. You still have to pay in their lots.

iFly55 is 100% correct. The only thing I would add, is having worked for a University police department, (Waterloo), as well as York U Security, they issue their "own tickets" meaning they are NOT,city infraction, (they were issued by our officers or in the case of York University parking enforcement officers). BTW York U parking enforcement has the same ticket printers as city Parking enforcement officers. The money goes back to the university, so you won't get a notice to pay. NOW the BAD news after 3 unpaid tickets we would simply tow your vehicle and you had to pay the tow, impound and tickets before you got your vehicle back. Generally those who got less than three tickets never had an issue, UNTIL they graduated. They university wouldn't release their transcript until "all fees" were paid in full, (this included any tickets)

Not sure what Humber does.

So park where your supposed to and don't get anymore tickets. As others have said, if you think it is worth your time and effort to attend in hopes of getting it reduced, (not likely to get it tossed, as you would have to prove you had consent to park there). Or is it easier to just chaulk up the $30 as a relatively cheap lesson, to only park, (bike or car) where you have consent or have paid.

Last edited:
iFly55 is 100% correct. The only thing I would add, is having worked for a University police department, (Waterloo), as well as York U Security, they issue their "own tickets" meaning they are NOT,city infraction, (they were issued by our officers or in the case of York University parking enforcement officers). BTW York U parking enforcement has the same ticket printers as city Parking enforcement officers. The money goes back to the university, so you won't get a notice to pay. NOW the BAD news after 3 unpaid tickets we would simply tow your vehicle and you had to pay the tow, impound and tickets before you got your vehicle back. Generally those who got less than three tickets never had an issue, UNTIL they graduated. They university wouldn't release their transcript until "all fees" were paid in full, (this included any tickets)

Not sure what Humber does.

So park where your supposed to and don't get anymore tickets. As others have said, if you think it is worth your time and effort to attend in hopes of getting it reduced, (not likely to get it tossed, as you would have to prove you had consent to park there). Or is it easier to just chaulk up the $30 as a relatively cheap lesson, to only park, (bike or car) where you have consent or have paid.

It is possible to have your security officers trained and authorized to issue city tickets, in Toronto. We used to do that, but now they just call Enforcement and tow instead. If it's a "ticket" that's issued by the university rather than a city ticket, and the vehicle is registered to a student of the school, then it can be treated just like outstanding fees of library fines. In other words good luck graduating, until it's paid.

OP, this sort of ticket is what is usually issued for parking on sidewalks and entrance pads, on private property. No permission would ever be given to park there.

Lucky you didnt get a city "Park on Boulevard" ticket. Thats $50 . The one time I did that I got ticketed. :p Never again, waste of money.

I went to Humber North and parked all over 4 semesters no issues without paying...that however is a prick spot to park and you're just asking for it. If you had at least put it by the bike racks you'd have been fine. Sure you want to look cool parking up at the front, but all you're going to get is people standing there smoking around your bike, despite the signs no one give a ****. They all post up right outside the doors

So you parked on the sidewalk, not even a parking spot. Right next to a door, arguably obstructing access. In full view of a no parking sign...

And you feel this wasn't justified?

Last edited:
I went to Humber North and parked all over 4 semesters no issues without paying...that however is a prick spot to park and you're just asking for it. If you had at least put it by the bike racks you'd have been fine. Sure you want to look cool parking up at the front, but all you're going to get is people standing there smoking around your bike, despite the signs no one give a ****. They all post up right outside the doors

Offtopic but is it free? I always seen the two spot with the signs but always wondered if you had to pay.

Back
Top Bottom