Motorcycle Jack Recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Jack Recommendations

I have used a rear stand and jack stands. Lower the bike onto the jack stands resting on the lower rails. I have used this to do swingarm swaps and rear shock swaps.

That's quite the motorcycle lift... wow.

My buddy has the same one, and let me tell you it's even more impressive in person. You can fire your bike across the garage in seconds, spin it... would be awesome for winter time as well as working on it.

also depends on if there are frame rails to lift from. ...or string the tail up on some saw-horses.
I've used a ladder in the past to tie up the seat subframe to. It worked but not super sturdy and the ladder also got in the way at times.
One of my bikes has fixed pegs on the rearsets. I'm using jack stands under the pegs to hold that one up. I've also been told that if the pegs fold up you can turn them upside down and then use the jack stands.

For the big dirt bike I use Canadian Tire Motomaster motorcycle jack. Was $150 last I checked. I bolted down a 3/4" plywood pad. Works good. They used to go on sale 1/2 price but I haven't needed to watch that so maybe yes, maybe no.

That Princess Auto one looks too unstable unless bolted to floor.

The CTC scissor lift goes on sale 3 or 4 times a year. Just sign up for sale alerts on the item and you will get a notification on the upcoming sale date and price. Lowest I ever saw it was for $70, well worth it. Mines about 7 years old and never had an issue with it.

The CTC scissor lift goes on sale 3 or 4 times a year. Just sign up for sale alerts on the item and you will get a notification on the upcoming sale date and price. Lowest I ever saw it was for $70, well worth it. Mines about 7 years old and never had an issue with it.

I didn't know you could setup sale alerts with Canadian Tire. That's so cool... thanks for the advice!

Paid $50 for mine from CTC about 2 years ago.

Paid $50 for mine from CTC about 2 years ago.

No need to rub it in twice dude...

Lol ?

Not even sure how that happened. Not intentional.

I've never used mine. Tried to put it under once, then realized a) didn't need to for an oil change, and b) an oil change is about as much maintenance as I am capable of. OP, If you want to give me the $50 I paid for it, it's yours.

Lol ?

Not even sure how that happened. Not intentional.

I've never used mine. Tried to put it under once, then realized a) didn't need to for an oil change, and b) an oil change is about as much maintenance as I am capable of. OP, If you want to give me the $50 I paid for it, it's yours.

SOLD!! ;) thanks

When can I pick it up?

Hey guys,

Looking for a basic motorcycle jack to install a lowering link on my bike.

Any decent alternative to this? http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-100-lb-atv-motorcycle-lift-table/A-p8133910e

Thanks
i had to swap the links on a kawi 636 to put it back to stock height and re adjust the forks.
for the front i used a pitbull trip tree stand, for the rear you need to be able to inch up and down the rear wheel to get the shock to line up with the links, you cant use a swingarm or swingarm spool stand.
i have a ceiling mounted electronic truck wench that i hooked to the rear subframe and used the remote to lift it up to the point that everything lined up.
took all of 5 min to do it.

Back
Top Bottom