Best route for a ride from Yonge and Lawrence | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best route for a ride from Yonge and Lawrence

Gryph

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I'm struggling after a move from Guelph - in Guelph you can hit a nice country road in any direction within minutes, can string together a nice route of Speyside backraods, hockley, Forks, etc all in a loop/fairly short time frame. So far here I end up heading east on the 401 hoping to get out of the slab/city and usually give up due to traffic and just turn around having only done 401. Anybody have some tips for a new city dweller?

Thanks,

nothing for some distane your ging to have to deal with the traffic until you get outside the GTA, otherwise your just riding slab and city streets. Less travelled but not twisties, (but some decent scenery), can be found by going north on 404 till north of Bloomington road and then heading in a general north eastern direction. You can get to Kawarthas, haliburton highlands etc within about 2 horus of riding.

I know the area. You are close to the Allen and 4mins from the 401. North on the 400 will take you to King and across to Nobleton, up 27 to Schomberg area. Worth exploring. It's country, a few cafes. There is nothing east but scarborough. Avoid. the DVP will take you up to Simcoe area, but not much in the way of twisties out there.

Going south, take Mount Pleasant or Bayview instead of Avenue Rd. when convenient.

Yah I'm realizing the only reasonably fast way "out" is north probably, of course time of day has a huge impact. Guess really I just need to adjust my riding, enjoy the commute, learn to love putting around the city, and cherish the times I do get out and off of the slab.

You want to go North East like Hedo said. Anything worth riding is about 1.5-2hrs away. In Ontario anyway.

if you are looking for a very quick fix you have Lawrence ramps to the DVP just East of you, Bayview extension south East of you, and Twyn Rivers Rd north east of you

if you are looking for a very quick fix you have Lawrence ramps to the DVP just East of you, Bayview extension south East of you, and Twyn Rivers Rd north east of you

Yup. That's all there really is in Toronto. If you have a little more time, you can hit the backroads around Appleby Line. There's also the Niagara area (Effingham Rd) but that's a similar distance to Guelph.

Did a 2-3 hour loop today - 401 to the 400 north, across 9 to Hockley, then down 10 to Forks, 410 to 401 and back home. Not so bad really.

Did a 2-3 hour loop today - 401 to the 400 north, across 9 to Hockley, then down 10 to Forks, 410 to 401 and back home. Not so bad really.
Come out to the east end. Will be well worth your while.. Lots of routes lead up to the Kawartha and you can head back past port parry and back to 404 or 401 to home. You could do a great loop in 4hrs. I haven't done West side rides due to traffic for a few years.

Come out to the east end. Will be well worth your while.. Lots of routes lead up to the Kawartha and you can head back past port parry and back to 404 or 401 to home. You could do a great loop in 4hrs. I haven't done West side rides due to traffic for a few years.

Yah I need to get East, just don't have the familiarity with it to know which roads/routes but I imagine once I get used to that area it will be my go to. Any tips?

Yah I need to get East, just don't have the familiarity with it to know which roads/routes but I imagine once I get used to that area it will be my go to. Any tips?

Where is it that you want to actually go?

Just decent ride within reasonable distance/time of the city.

Snuck a pic out near Hockely today parked next to a group of harleys.

What is reasonable time and distance to you?

Well I guess that is variable isn't it, Sundays are bout the only day I have enough time to do a 2-3 hour ride.

2 hours from Toronto will get you to Barrie and back. Not a whole not to work with there.

Back
Top Bottom