where to get safety certificate scarborough | GTAMotorcycle.com

where to get safety certificate scarborough

gamer486

just recently bought my bike 2010 ninja 250. where can i go to get safety certificate for it? currently do not have plates on it yet either since i have to go and register it this week. i live in scarborough near markham and sheppard.

Do you have transportation for it?

I know only 2 places that I trust. One by Yorkdale and one by DVP/Lakeshore.

I used to goto 109(name of the shop),416 699 9090 intersection of danforth and warden.
tip: if you goto ministry to apply for a temp permit, you pay gst, $40 for registration, you get temp plate and ride the bike to certify, then go back to apply a permanent one.
you need to bring seller signed document and/or cover note though.

Last edited:
i currently do not have transportation for it. I could load it into my dads van, or somehow use a friends plates to ride it to a shop.
I have the uvip along with the bill of sale and the vehicle permit from the seller.

Time to bite the bullet Gamer486 and get the insurance and the temp plate: 109 Cycle safetied my wife's bike recently. Art Newman (Service Manager) is hilarious with his sarcastic stories and a great guy to deal with. 550 Warden Ave. Unit 1 (NW corner). 109cycle@bellnet.ca 416-699-9090.

just recently bought my bike 2010 ninja 250. where can i go to get safety certificate for it? currently do not have plates on it yet either since i have to go and register it this week. i live in scarborough near markham and sheppard.

IF it's just a safety and you don't need any other work done, there's Cycle World Superstore, at Mccowan and Sheppard. Heck, you could push the bike there. I wouldn't want them doing any work on the bike though.

also canadian tire at mccowan and sheppard that will do it...its $89 plus tax though so kind of steep...$40 if you bring it to rosey toes

Pretty sure there no work needed on the bike. its a 2010 under 7k mileage. I'd rather not take it to cycle world super store or canadian tire based on all of the stories i've read on them so far.

Time to bite the bullet Gamer486 and get the insurance and the temp plate: 109 Cycle safetied my wife's bike recently. Art Newman (Service Manager) is hilarious with his sarcastic stories and a great guy to deal with. 550 Warden Ave. Unit 1 (NW corner). 109cycle@bellnet.ca 416-699-9090.

how much does he charge for safety?

either way I have to wait until next week for my insurance policy, so I'm going to register it unplated this week, and then go back next week for the permit and safety.

It is a little far from Scarborough, but I've used Ted Rose at Rosey Toes Motorcycles at Wilson/Weston Road. The web page has been referenced above. If anything needs to be fixed I have found Ted to be reasonable. Ted has told me he no longer will go to your house for a safety certificate, so you need to go to his shop. Ted has a warped sense of humour.

I've also heard good things about 109 Cycle, but have not used them before. They are closer.

Closest I use other than Rosey Toes is WAI AUTO on Eastern Ave. (346 Eastern Ave, Toronto, ON M4M 3G5)
Hassle Free Safeties for $70+$10(tip) -Cash

i currently do not have transportation for it. I could load it into my dads van, or somehow use a friends plates to ride it to a shop.
I have the uvip along with the bill of sale and the vehicle permit from the seller.

Just get temp plate stickers (they don't give temp plates anymore) rather than risk over $5000 in fines. You'll need insurance, too.

either way I have to wait until next week for my insurance policy, so I'm going to register it unplated this week, and then go back next week for the permit and safety.

Once it's registered as unplated (unfit), you can't get a temp sticker for it - keep that in mind.

Just get temp plate stickers (they don't give temp plates anymore) rather than risk over $5000 in fines. You'll need insurance, too.
i went to ministry without a plate (seller kept it), previously permit being classified as fit, they gave me a new plate and a T sticker, for $40. Then rode to certify. Then go back to ministry to pay $47 for a proper sticker, same plate same number.

He will come to your house, he charges $80 if he comes to you.

Not anymore. He got tagged for doing safties outside his shop. MTO rules state that the safety certificate book is not to leave the shop premises. I believe there is a thread on here, (from last year), about it, he was suspended from doing safeties for a short period, as his punishment.

i went to ministry without a plate (seller kept it), previously permit being classified as fit, they gave me a new plate and a T sticker, for $40. Then rode to certify. Then go back to ministry to pay $47 for a proper sticker, same plate same number.
Sounds right. Plates aren't transferable. I was just specifying that they do temp stickers rather than temp plates now. I got caught with that last time I bought a car. Was planning on getting temp plates when I registered it so I left my plates at home (have 2-3 old sets) and then had to pay for another set (home was 4 hours from where I registered it).

Rosey Toes. will come to your house if you need it, but if you can bring it there, it would be cheaper. i know a few people who have dealt with roseytoes, and they said nothing but good things. i personally got mine done at the dealership, but it's a honda.

I went to Rosey Toes this past weekend actually for safety. Great service! Ted helped get the motorcycle off the truck and on again after he was done with it. Showed me how to oil the chain and I had a few laughs while I was there. Costed $40. If you can take it there I'd recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom