Help Please My bike cut out today | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help Please My bike cut out today

MikeMrsguided

Hello,

First ride of the season 09 zx6r. Started right up when I put the battery in and sounded great. Cruised around the city for about 25 minutes then took her out to open up on the country roads.

Did a couple hard pulls on the throttle and initial acceleration was great. Then when I held it wide open I would feel slight hesitation but then it would accelerate again. Happened a couple times. Then the next time I went to wind it out and let off the throttle it felt like it went down to 2 cylinders, bogged out a bit and sounded and felt like a 250. I had to limp it home and it died on me a few times at stop lights if I didn't keep the revs up. This only happened to me 1 time last summer but as soon as I shut it off and turned it back on it was fine...now it is stuck in limp mode..any ideas as to what could have gone wrong? It also has a power commander and autotune...hope it's not from those:(

I have new spark plugs for it I will try putting them in and making sure all 4 have spark.

Then when I held it wide open I would feel slight hesitation but then it would accelerate again.
My friend had the same problem on his R1 2009, he didn't hook up the ground wire for the PCV and when he hit wide open throttle it threw a check engine light for "limp home mode" and said there was 1 cylinder not working (if you think a cross plane sounds sexy running on all four, wait till you hear it on three!).

Drain the fuel, put in fresh Shell 91. Totally de-install the PCV (don't JUST unhook it!) and then see how she goes. If she's good then put the PCV back in and test it again. If it still hesitates it could be because you accepted the autotune trims at some point in the past (NEVER accept them, ever). If that's the case zero out the fuel map and the trim table then start over again. Limit the autotune to +15 and -10 and never accept the trims. If it runs jerky down low put a bunch of 0's in the AFR table (not the trim table) from 0 to 20% throttle from 0RPM to 6000RPM.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom