Well.... That was close... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well.... That was close...

I would agree. If my fingers weren't covering the brake, I definitely would have collided with the van with that ~1.5ft left I had in front of me. Practicing and regularly using the rear probably helped a bunch as well. I didn't feel the rear abs go off - is that a good thing? lol

Under hard braking with front on the Ninja 300, the rear gets so light that it will lock even during downshifting only (while not revmatching and not rear-braking). So, it's only natural that rear ABS kicks in in that scenario.

Regarding ABS, you can check out this: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...topping-distance-in-a-car-with-ABS-from-60mph

OP glad you made it out okay. Nobody got injured, no harm no foul.

From your other videos you seem to get yourself into precarious situations; this was my fav due to the slow mo replay at the end :)
[video=youtube;a7wXXCBne8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7wXXCBne8E[/video]

From your other videos you seem to get yourself into precarious situations; this was my fav due to the slow mo replay at the end :)
[video=youtube;a7wXXCBne8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7wXXCBne8E[/video]

LOL, that flip at the end was hilarious. Wet roads suck

thumbs-up.jpg

Last edited:

LOL, that flip at the end was hilarious. Wet roads suck

Haha yup, that was 2 years ago :p

I thought I landed on my feet until I realized my body was still moving in a forward motion and ended up doing what you see there. xD

I don't really know when it happened, but somewhere in that fall my helmet hit the ground and took a little chunk out. Put that 3 month old helmet on a shelf and got a new one. Nvm, rewatched it - When my camera popped off I guess.

So I somehow went from going down, hitting my head on the floor and thought I somehow landed on my feet.... Interesting..

Last edited:
As mentioned before, the brake lights on the Toyota are a good indicator that something's happening. Even just the way the cars are bunching up near the intersection is an indicator. At first I thought the traffic light was changing until I saw the bonehead in the Caravan

+1
This is the type of mindset that everyine needs to have on the road, be aware, ALWAYS. You're just as bad as the person about to cause the accident if you're not, you have to be aware of whats going on around you, not just in front. As soon as i saw you continue to carry speed on that open lane when cars to your left were clearly braking hard, I knew that's where the near miss was going to happen.

As soon as I see everyone braking for no reason in this type of situation, it's because something's up, i would have been on the brakes well before it reached that Toyota, but because you were so far back carrying a good speed with the fact you're on a bike, he didn't see you coming.

+1
This is the type of mindset that everyine needs to have on the road, be aware, ALWAYS. You're just as bad as the person about to cause the accident if you're not, you have to be aware of whats going on around you, not just in front. As soon as i saw you continue to carry speed on that open lane when cars to your left were clearly braking hard, I knew that's where the near miss was going to happen.

As soon as I see everyone braking for no reason in this type of situation, it's because something's up, i would have been on the brakes well before it reached that Toyota, but because you were so far back carrying a good speed with the fact you're on a bike, he didn't see you coming.

Thanks for your input Sonic.

The driver of the van didn't see anyone coming from the left most lane as the RAV 4 slammed on their brakes about 1.5 seconds earlier (than when I hit the brakes) when they cut across in front of them from the left lane with no indicators.

At 0:19, the van was coming out of the last most lane where I lost sight of the van which is where the civic and RAV 4 started braking at 0:20. This is the point where I let off the throttle and covered the brakes. At 0:22, the van re-emerged in my sight and hit the brakes coming to a stop by 0:24.

My initial thought was that the van was just making a really bad lane change considering there was a right turn run off ramp (which obviously I was wrong..).

The black car on the other hand, hit the brakes before the civic or the RAV 4 because he was coming up to them from doing a faster speed than they were.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom