What is going on in COMANCHE, Okla. ???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is going on in COMANCHE, Okla. ????

I thought it was going to be more black guys getting shot by the cops...

I doubt it was drinking or fatigue at that time of day. I'll go with texting.

Amuricuh does not have any real distracted driving laws, I've seen people watching movies on their phones while driving.

You can avoid roads at predictable times to avoid drunks, but texters and phone users are much scarier and random.

I have arrested imparied drivers at ALL times of the day from 5:30 am right thru till about 4:20 am, including mid afternoon. We all think the greatest danger is as bars close, But my experience has been it is generally from about 5 pm - 11 pm when the crowd goes for drinks after work then drive home. Weekends are particularly very bad for mid day impaired as they start drinking late mornig and then do a liquor/beer run mid afternoon.

I doubt it was drinking or fatigue at that time of day. I'll go with texting.

Amuricuh does not have any real distracted driving laws, I've seen people watching movies on their phones while driving.

You can avoid roads at predictable times to avoid drunks, but texters and phone users are much scarier and random.

I have arrested imparied drivers at ALL times of the day from 5:30 am right thru till about 4:20 am, including mid afternoon. We all think the greatest danger is as bars close, But my experience has been it is generally from about 5 pm - 11 pm when the crowd goes for drinks after work then drive home. Weekends are particularly very bad for mid day impaired as they start drinking late mornig and then do a liquor/beer run mid afternoon.

Stats point out Friday from 4pm to Sunday 8am is almost half of all drunk driving fatalities for bikes. Ontario is not that bad now for texters, but the US is insane, I won't be riding down there any more. The US public treats smart phones like the right to bear arms.
I wish the police could stop phone users with the efficiency they stop speeders and DUIs. It's worse than drunk driving and I'm getting more paranoid of getting rear-ended at lights.

Funny how radar guns are everywhere, but I don't think any Ontario forces use the texting detectors they have on the market in the US. It could be that all a cop needs to see is a phone in-hand to write the offence in Ontario, even if it's off.

Yep...and sometimes it just has to look like a device.

You have to go to court to prove otherwise.

I was ticketed for using a phone. I moved it, off, from my centre console to my glove box while stopped at a red light.

The cop pulled me over with lights and siren, full fanfare, gave me 30 seconds to find my insurance papers, when I couldn't do that in time, I got tagged for that as well, while holding the pink sheet in my hand. Dude was angry.

So I figured I would sort this all out in court. I showed pics of my Bluetooth hands-free device, I showed billing use data that showed no calls or text that entire afternoon.Easy right?

Nope. Cop lied over and over. Said I didn't produce insurance (I had all the paperwork and a no-lapse letter for the last 5 years), said I was talking on the phone. The judge acknowledge the arresting officer's comments made no sense, but noted the law that the phone was in my hand.

So, two fines, then insurance jacked across 4 vehicles for two years. >$1000.

So basically, any cop can pull you over and start writing tickets, and if you have no witnesses, they can make up anything.

I now have a dashcam with audio, because this is no better than police in Eastern Europe.

You have to go to court to prove otherwise.

I was ticketed for using a phone. I moved it, off, from my centre console to my glove box while stopped at a red light.

The cop pulled me over with lights and siren, full fanfare, gave me 30 seconds to find my insurance papers, when I couldn't do that in time, I got tagged for that as well, while holding the pink sheet in my hand. Dude was angry.

So I figured I would sort this all out in court. I showed pics of my Bluetooth hands-free device, I showed billing use data that showed no calls or text that entire afternoon.Easy right?

Nope. Cop lied over and over. Said I didn't produce insurance (I had all the paperwork and a no-lapse letter for the last 5 years), said I was talking on the phone. The judge acknowledge the arresting officer's comments made no sense, but noted the law that the phone was in my hand.

So, two fines, then insurance jacked across 4 vehicles for two years. >$1000.

So basically, any cop can pull you over and start writing tickets, and if you have no witnesses, they can make up anything.

I now have a dashcam with audio, because this is no better than police in Eastern Europe.

This is exactly my problem with the cellphone law. Gives any crooked cop yet another way to write you a ticket if you don't "get on your knees" to please him. All without having to provide any evidence at all. Been looking at dashcams for my work and personal vehicle mostly for this reason, how do you find the one you have right now?

This is exactly my problem with the cellphone law. Gives any crooked cop yet another way to write you a ticket if you don't "get on your knees" to please him. All without having to provide any evidence at all. Been looking at dashcams for my work and personal vehicle mostly for this reason, how do you find the one you have right now?

Ironically, I use my smart phone on a magnetic dash mount with audio on.

Back
Top Bottom