Rider down Leslie/Sheppard | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down Leslie/Sheppard

eshum

Looks like a bright green kawi, sport or sport tourer. Doesn't look great but when the saw dust came out, it looked like it was for the bike's fluids.

Will try to investigate and update. But the traffic is ruined at that intersection right now.

Beautiful day but please ride safe.

CORRECTION: 2009ish Ninja 250. Looks like he was heading north in the left lane and likely the car was left turning (of course) onto Sheppard East.

Didn't see the rider but there was an ambo here and they just moved the Corolla (of course) and are picking up the bike now.

Front fairing gone but mostly that's it. Maybe/hopefully not too bad. Car is damaged on the front passenger side but fairly minor as well.

Aftermarket exhaust on the Ninja. Can't get the status of the rider.

IMG_20150412_124625.jpg

Apologies about the crummy photo. Not home, lots of glare. If I need to edit out the license plate, please tell me.

Added: really bad picture of the offending Corolla. Doubtful you'll see much in the image but at least you can tell it wasn't a high-speed impact judging by the limited damage.
Corolla FR PASS dmg.jpg

Last edited:
Hope rider is okay

I know a group that was going to be in that area...hopefully it wasn't one of them.

such a nice day out. worst way to spend a day like this at any time though. GWS rider + ride

It was a single Ninja 250. I was delivering a bike and was there right after it happened before emergency crews arrived. Looked as though rider was under front of car. It was right in middle of intersection all I could see was a leg and boot at front of car there were a half dozen folks already helping one in scrubs. Fingers crossed for the rider.

A Carolla turning in front of a bike? That never happens! :rolleyes:

Hope the rider is ok.

Well, if you're going to be involved in a crash, that's a good place to do it. Right in front of North York General.

GWS

It was a single Ninja 250. I was delivering a bike and was there right after it happened before emergency crews arrived. Looked as though rider was under front of car. It was right in middle of intersection all I could see was a leg and boot at front of car there were a half dozen folks already helping one in scrubs. Fingers crossed for the rider.

How the heck did the rider get under the car? The damage suggested a fairly low-speed collision to me.

Gws.

Almost taken out by a newer style Corolla today. Distracted driver on her cellphone and failing to yeild from private driveway. And she cusses me out when I pass her a few seconds later��

How the heck did the rider get under the car? The damage suggested a fairly low-speed collision to me.

Can't really say unless you see it...

Two summer's ago I came across another Ninja 250 accident, it was a fatality. Rider could not stop in time and rear ended the car in front of him, damage wasn't too much because he did manage to slow down I guess. He went over the handlebars and when he landed he got stuck under and dragged by a Nissan 350z.

By the time I got there I saw the bike and thought its not too bad, but then I saw about 6-7 EMS guys surrounding the car while they were jacking it up. Then I figured he was under it. It was quite a scene with camera crews and everything.

Back
Top Bottom