Uneven front tire wear. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Uneven front tire wear.

Well, if I recall correctly. The springs were worn out and the tire was wearing uneven. I had high spots all over the front tire. When I mentioned this to my mechanic he told me to change the springs and the tire. I haven't had any issue since. Oh yeah by the way, I wasn't to happy to be changing the new Bridgestone that was on the bike for only 1 season. In the end everything worked out. :hello1:

But that's nothing to do with this case of left handed wear.

Road crown.

See.. you need to read KML's link..

OTHER THEORIES DISPROVED:
But what about road crown? Plausible and many claim it, but road crown plays no part whatsoever in left side tire wear. Though it does seem logical and also allows that in European left side driving countries, the crown is opposite which could explain right side wear there - road crown just doesn't hold up under scrutiny. The main reason the theory falls on its face - road crowns are simply not steep enough. If you examine a picture of the front tire upright, you can see that even a very steep road crown (one inch drop in one foot run) would not even contact the tire at the necessary angle to produce the evident wear. Typical road crowns are much much less (three inches drop per twelve foot run). In fact, if one examines the picture of the tire one can see that where a road crown would actually contact the tire, there is a PEAK rather than a valley (check our extreme wear pic at the top of this page). Plus, as described in the paragraphs above, road crown contact is mostly "rolling" contact which produces very little wear if any at all. Just so there is no misunderstanding, road crown plays no part whatsoever in left side tire wear. Road crowns, if they exist at all on a road, are completely inconsistent and vary greatly as to pitch, vary even more greatly in turns (road engineers do indeed "bank" turns), and crowns in no way contact the tire at 20° off horizontal where the wear occurs. Road crown does not cause side tire wear.

Its not rocket science that a worn out fork would cause uneven tire wear....

We are talking about left/right asymmetric tire wear. If it's not rocket science, explain how bad forks will cause one side to wear more than another.

Its not rocket science that a worn out fork would cause uneven tire wear....

Please explain how a worn out fork will cause uneven tire wear.

Cupping is pretty common on front tires. It's not really an indication of worn out anything other than a worn out tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there was no response when I asked how many km's are on the tire so just by looking at the pics I'd say enough.

We are talking about left/right asymmetric tire wear. If it's not rocket science, explain how bad forks will cause one side to wear more than another.
A bad fork can cause more load on a certain side causing uneven wear. Maybe it was caused by tire pressures , more left turns could be a bunch of things.

Thanks guys, theres about 8000km or so on this tire.

Im not too worried about it. I rebuilding everything from the steering stems down including the forks so should be like brand new again.

Probably going with the BT16 PRO tire. Good reviews and good price. Going to try the balance beads as well for the first time.

Thanks guys, theres about 8000km or so on this tire.

Im not too worried about it. I rebuilding everything from the steering stems down including the forks so should be like brand new again.

Probably going with the BT16 PRO tire. Good reviews and good price. Going to try the balance beads as well for the first time.

How often did you check your tire pressure? 8000km isn't that much mielage to have wear issues.

See.. you need to read KML's link..

OTHER THEORIES DISPROVED:
But what about road crown? Plausible and many claim it, but road crown plays no part whatsoever in left side tire wear. Though it does seem logical and also allows that in European left side driving countries, the crown is opposite which could explain right side wear there - road crown just doesn't hold up under scrutiny. The main reason the theory falls on its face - road crowns are simply not steep enough. If you examine a picture of the front tire upright, you can see that even a very steep road crown (one inch drop in one foot run) would not even contact the tire at the necessary angle to produce the evident wear. Typical road crowns are much much less (three inches drop per twelve foot run). In fact, if one examines the picture of the tire one can see that where a road crown would actually contact the tire, there is a PEAK rather than a valley (check our extreme wear pic at the top of this page). Plus, as described in the paragraphs above, road crown contact is mostly "rolling" contact which produces very little wear if any at all. Just so there is no misunderstanding, road crown plays no part whatsoever in left side tire wear. Road crowns, if they exist at all on a road, are completely inconsistent and vary greatly as to pitch, vary even more greatly in turns (road engineers do indeed "bank" turns), and crowns in no way contact the tire at 20° off horizontal where the wear occurs. Road crown does not cause side tire wear.
I was poking fun lol.

A bad fork can cause more load on a certain side causing uneven wear. Maybe it was caused by tire pressures , more left turns could be a bunch of things.

Are you aware that some suspension systems have one fork doing compression damping and the other doing rebound damping? Some people will even use different spring rates in each fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom