SV650 Track Tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

SV650 Track Tires

Delboy

My son is 17 and we bought a 2002 SV650 last year as a father/son project. I really don't want him riding on the road so it will be track only and he has about 12 years of MX experience.

Its pretty much ready to go but I'm having problems finding tires as the standard rear wheel is 160. I've been using Supercorsa SP V2's on my track bike and I like them but they don't come in a 160

He will be starting off in slow, but Dad may take it for the odd outing and I ride fast medium or slow fast - Maybe not on the SV though :)

Any recommendations?

I was thinking of either Diablo Rossa Corsas, Q3's or for a more track oriented tire the Supercorsa SC or Dunlop GPA. I just have concerns that the SC or GPA may be overkill for an SV.

Bakaboy in here has his kid racing on a 650, I am sure he will respond

I used to run pirelli slicks on mine they stick like glue and last very well, you do need warmers. The supercorsa is also very good.

sent from a device using a program

Last edited:
Sent you a PM

My son is 17 and we bought a 2002 SV650 last year as a father/son project. I really don't want him riding on the road so it will be track only and he has about 12 years of MX experience.

Its pretty much ready to go but I'm having problems finding tires as the standard rear wheel is 160. I've been using Supercorsa SP V2's on my track bike and I like them but they don't come in a 160

He will be starting off in slow, but Dad may take it for the odd outing and I ride fast medium or slow fast - Maybe not on the SV though :)

Any recommendations?

I was thinking of either Diablo Rossa Corsas, Q3's or for a more track oriented tire the Supercorsa SC or Dunlop GPA. I just have concerns that the SC or GPA may be overkill for an SV.

I have 2 SV650s.

I will have scrubs as the season goes on.

I will have a set of Pirelli Rosso's for sale shortly.

I would stick to the DOTS if I was considering slicks vs DOTs.

QUOTE=Riceburner;2291176]You guys selling 160 scrubs?[/QUOTE]

The Pirelli Super Corsa's are your best bet. I raced them for several seasons. Lots of positive feedback, good to go from lap 1 (if using tire warmers).
Hornblower was running Dunlop slicks, not sure if there was an advantage with them or not...

Back
Top Bottom