Motorcycle Rental in Newfoundland? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Rental in Newfoundland?

grapevyn

I live in Ontario and am interested in riding around Newfoundland this May. Rather than spending hours and hours getting there and back, I'm wondering about renting in Newfoundland. Does anyone have a suggestion of a company that would rent me a bike?

"$175.00 per day (or any part thereof)"

"3 day rental or more=$150 per day"

"Motorcycles mileage is restricted to 300km per day. Any amounts over that will be charged at .20 cents per km."

So traveling 1500kms in three days costs $570 (plus 15% NS HST for a total of $656?). Why is motorcycle rental so a) rare and b) expensive? I would love to ride Nfld but beyond my pocketbook, especially on top of the stunning cost to get there.

"Motorcycles mileage is restricted to 300km per day. Any amounts over that will be charged at .20 cents per km."

So traveling 1500kms in three days costs $570 (plus 15% NS HST for a total of $656?). Why is motorcycle rental so a) rare and b) expensive? I would love to ride Nfld but beyond my pocketbook, especially on top of the stunning cost to get there.

Don't forget the cost of the ferry... Sydney to Port Aux Basques is $42.43 for yourself, and another $55.89 for the bike each way! Don't forget to add the HST on that too!

We were going to do an East Coast road trip a few years ago, but once we factored in the cost of getting a car with 2 adults and 1 kid across, in addition to everything else, we decided to spend our money going somewhere else. It's a shame, because Newfoundland is a pretty awesome place to visit.

All of a sudden, flying the bike there doesnt sound so cheap anymore.

I know the inlaws have quads but i dont think any of them had dirtbikes :(

This is still cheaper than US rentals. They bait you with $150/day unlimited, but then after all surcharges its up to $240+, US$ not CDN pesos.

It's an island. Everything costs more.

Back
Top Bottom