Jacket recommendation for a fat guy | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jacket recommendation for a fat guy

I'm 245-ish, and a 2xl Joe Rocket fits me well.

I find that it's better to buy by numerical size for the larger sizes, to get a more appropriate fit. My biggest issue was sleeve length and shoulder room. Got to get into the 56-58 (US size) range to find things that fit, then take to a leather place to take it in a bit at the waist. Try a few different models OP. Even under the same brand umbrella, the sizing will be slightly different.

I find that it's better to buy by numerical size for the larger sizes, to get a more appropriate fit. My biggest issue was sleeve length and shoulder room. Got to get into the 56-58 (US size) range to find things that fit, then take to a leather place to take it in a bit at the waist. Try a few different models OP. Even under the same brand umbrella, the sizing will be slightly different.

I'm in the same boat... Sleeve length and shoulder room always have always been a problem for me; I'm about 6'4". Even as my weight has fluctuated over the years, my neck/shoulder size don't change much.

I would look at the dainese, Joe rocket and icon lines of jackets. From my knowledge icon and dainese makes up to 3 xxl. You would have a touch time if you want alpine star jackets as they re tailored more smaller guys. If you are looking for a textile jacket I hight recommend the icon overlord or the contra. Both these jackets come in a spectrum of colors and it's priced at the mid 200 dollars marks. Check these out at revzilla if you got time.

I'm in the same boat... Sleeve length and shoulder room always have always been a problem for me; I'm about 6'4". Even as my weight has fluctuated over the years, my neck/shoulder size don't change much.

I thought I'm dominating in this area ( Aurora/Newmarket) - I'm 6'6 and around 300. Tall sizes just save me. Scorpion and FirstGear made a lot of tall jakets and pants. Now have leather Scorpion jacket 3xl tall and Klim 3xl mesh.

I ended up kicking off work early yesterday and took a trip up to Royal... Pretty much tried on everything in my size that they had... most of them were just too tight in the shoulders. Joe Rocket sizing is all over the board! Their tall sizes seem to fit a size bigger. Even last year's Alter Ego jackets fit way smaller than this year's! I ended up with a Joe Rocket, I can't remember the name, but it's mesh with a liner. This is exactly why I didn't want to order online, size charts mean nothing.

Not Dainese...that's for sure....

+1 on this... I'm 5"11 - 210 and I couldn't get any Dainese jacket to fit me correctly.

This thread is for fat guys. Move along... :p

I was 6' and 270lbs last year, and fit nicely into a 3XL Speed & Strength Seven Sins jacket (they came up to 4XL). I've since lost over 50lbs (currently 215lbs), and it's fitting alright tightened to hell with a hoody underneath, but it's time to replace it soon (come on spring sales!)...

perhaps an intervention. put the doritos and mountain dew down! join one of them fat clubs, lose some weight. prob solved.

perhaps an intervention. put the doritos and mountain dew down! join one of them fat clubs, lose some weight. prob solved.

Hey now. Some of us are just bigger than the average folk. It's not like we hop off the rascal scooter and on to our bikes.

Back
Top Bottom