UPS - Avoiding the UPS Brokerage Fees Scam | GTAMotorcycle.com

UPS - Avoiding the UPS Brokerage Fees Scam

Delboy

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but you can clear customs yourself.

I ordered some parts in the US and they accidently shipped them UPS. UPS wanted $160 to clear it. I ended up doing this, mostly just out of spite to avoid the UPS "tax".....

http://trueler.com/2010/11/24/self-clear-shipment-cbsa-avoid-ups-brokerage-fee/

The local CBSA office is a 15 min. drive from my work so I was able to do it at lunchtime.

When you call UPS you will get a bunch of lies that you must come to Windsor to pick up the commercial invoice and then drive back to pick up the package. It's ********. Just have them fax it to you and make them schedule a delivery :)

Thanks for the reminder.

I try and avoid UPS for this BS, but hey, they gotta pay the bills too.

If a company or person uses ups I won't buy. Been buying over the border for a lot of things for years. Been dinged with duty once in the last 10. Prior to that every time I used ups. Never again.

If company ships UPS, I'll also just go somewhere else.

Actually, I've a couple of times I've been stuck where there isn't anywhere else to get what I needed so I called the company and explained to them the UPS fees we get hit with and in a few instances they were nice enough to ship USPS. Its worth a try.

UPS is horrible. I ship to a mailbox service Niagara Falls NY, but I also work in Niagara Falls, no issue to cross over. If you must have CDN delivery have it shipped next day air, costs more than regular, but they waive brokerage fees. Net, you are cheaper.

Best option is to avoid anyone that uses them entirely

When you call UPS you will get a bunch of lies that you must come to Windsor to pick up the commercial invoice and then drive back to pick up the package.

I actually did this about 10-12 years ago. Drove to Windsor, picked up the invoice from the UPS warehouse there, drove to the customs office, paid the tax, brought the receipt for the taxes back to UPS, they gave me my package right there.

Now I just make sure to ship USPS

Hate UPS because of this BS "brokerage" charge. They got me once but I cleared another package myself after learning how. I do a fair amount of shipping at work, absolutely none of it through UPS

Back
Top Bottom