Painting a 2-Storey House, Top to Bottom (No Basement) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Painting a 2-Storey House, Top to Bottom (No Basement)

UPDATE:

Day 1: 3 Painters worked 8 hours and finished two coats in the upstairs bedrooms (qty 3), and did all the upstairs trim and doors.

Day 2: 5 painters showed up, worked 9 hours and they finished all 3 bathrooms, main level, foyer and all trim and doors and ceilings as we had agreed. The home was built by a mediocre builder in the area, so, they had their share of challenges when it came to seams between drywall sheets. The builder white hides imperfections a lot, and, I mean, a lot better than the light grey colour it is now!

Day 3: 3 Painters showed up, and they patch up some trim and a couple other imperfections. This was done in about 1 hour.

Overall, workmanship was great and their responsiveness to come back address my small concerns was very professional. They quoted 2200-2400 and it ended up being $2300. All in all, a good experience.

So, dry times aside, it would take 8 guys only 1 day to paint my entire house (that's the labour that he would pay out).

UPDATE:

Day 1: 3 Painters worked 8 hours and finished two coats in the upstairs bedrooms (qty 3), and did all the upstairs trim and doors.

Day 2: 5 painters showed up, worked 9 hours and they finished all 3 bathrooms, main level, foyer and all trim and doors and ceilings as we had agreed. The home was built by a mediocre builder in the area, so, they had their share of challenges when it came to seams between drywall sheets. The builder white hides imperfections a lot, and, I mean, a lot better than the light grey colour it is now!

Day 3: 3 Painters showed up, and they patch up some trim and a couple other imperfections. This was done in about 1 hour.

Overall, workmanship was great and their responsiveness to come back address my small concerns was very professional. They quoted 2200-2400 and it ended up being $2300. All in all, a good experience.

So, dry times aside, it would take 8 guys only 1 day to paint my entire house (that's the labour that he would pay out).

Can you PM theie contact info? Thanks.

OK, so owner made just over 800 bucks in 2 days.....

I am just curious, did they sand all the walls and trim prior to painting ? Not even going to ask about the ceilings if it they were sanded

As long as you are satisfied with the job and the results, not much else matters....

OK, so owner made just over 800 bucks in 2 days.....

I am just curious, did they sand all the walls and trim prior to painting ? Not even going to ask about the ceilings if it they were sanded

As long as you are satisfied with the job and the results, not much else matters....

They spent a couple hours on day 1 patching and sanding the walls and a lot of time at the intersection between the ceiling and the wall due to the California ceiling over spray of about 1/2". Lines were pretty good when done. In bright lighting situations, you can see the transition between sheets of drywall. Not overly concerned and it's a diminishing return for me if I needed showroom perfection... It's good workmanship don't get me wrong!

Trim was in good shape to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom