Got a new project | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got a new project

Schneller

Site Supporter
Thank you Backmarkerducati. The price was right!

d812e9604249cf32ac97fcd065b5fc02.jpg

The carbs are rebuilt, so that's a plus. Given that I can get her running again, I'm thinking cafe if I can get a title with an affidavit, or a farm bike with knobby tires and a much larger rear sprocket, if I can't.

Lil bit jealous, I like the right price ol' bikes. I picked up 4 bikes I the last 30 days though, 3 were the right price the other was because I needed a bike to commute on, so I've got way too many right now. Have you already tried to get the UVIP from the MTO?

'78 CB400? I have a blue one sitting in my garage trying to figure out what to do to it.

'78 CB400? I have a blue one sitting in my garage trying to figure out what to do to it.

looking to sell? Shneller or myself are probably interested.....;)

Thank you Backmarkerducati. The price was right!

d812e9604249cf32ac97fcd065b5fc02.jpg

Nice. I rode across the prairies with a guy on one of those, thankfully with a tail wind. I was on CB750 and ribbed him mercilessly. He had a vile of hash oil so it was all good.

Nice. I rode across the prairies with a guy on one of those, thankfully with a tail wind. I was on CB750 and ribbed him mercilessly. He had a vile of hash oil so it was all good.

Cool. What year was the cb750, 'cuz as you know, my current ride is a 1975 cb750.

Cool. What year was the cb750, 'cuz as you know, my current ride is a 1975 cb750.

We've discussed this a number of times. If you can't remember why should I bother again? Please try to stay current with my file.

My immediate problem is no key. So, I can't flip up the seat to remove it and the gas tank to begin the cleaning. I've heard that the lock barrel has a code number but i'll have to dismantle the gauge cluster to get at that.

We've discussed this a number of times. If you can't remember why should I bother again? Please try to stay current with my file.

Okay grumpy.

No worries.

So would the vin# be enough to get the key code, or do I really need the lock barrel#?

Just try a flat blade screw driver on the gas cap lock, I think the lock is completely jammed inside and it will just turn with no effort--I opened it with a random key at home...

The gas tank lid isn't a true lock, and it doesn't help with lifting the seat which does require a key.

And thank you again for the bike project! It keeps me young. :)

Let me know if you get the seat open w/o a key. I'm trying to remove the seat of a 78 CB750F with no key. I was able to remove both the cotter pin and the hinge pin but that didn't free the hinge side the way I thought it would. I have yet to check seat hinge on my 76 supersport......

J/K:cool: I had a blue '75 just like yours. By the time I was done with it "too many mods to list" no joke.:D
I thought it would be from the 60's

The carbs are rebuilt, so that's a plus. Given that I can get her running again, I'm thinking cafe if I can get a title with an affidavit, or a farm bike with knobby tires and a much larger rear sprocket, if I can't.

Restore it! too many of these bikes are getting chopped into Cafe bikes.

So I got the seat and tank off. Seems that the seat lock is just a helmet lock, and there is a simple latch on each side of the seat to release it! :)

frame is in good shape.

found the Honda tool kit, owners manual, and a photocopy of a previous owners ownership and insurance slips.

happy camper!

I'd like to find an original airbox. From what I've read, getting a bike to run well with pods is a pain.

Last edited:
looking to sell? Shneller or myself are probably interested.....;)

If you were to ask my wife, she would say yes in a heartbeat! For me it's more of an emotional letting go... It's the bike a learned to wrench on; I've had it since I was 18... I'm 33 now! It's also a rarer model being the automatic.

If it didn't cost so much to insure, I would have it on the road too, it still runs great... not that run it around the neighbourhood at all! :(

Back
Top Bottom