Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Honda Hornet 919 - CB900F

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

abkdt41

currently bikeless and trying to decide on my ride this season

currently debating between the yamaha FZ6 and the Honda 919.

i really like the upright seating position and the sport touring styling.

Would love feedback from people who have owned these bikes. Or if you can recommend other similar bikes. Nothing over a 1000 cc because insurance is too high

Had a FZ6, great bike. Never ridden a 919 but always liked the looks of them. 919 on paper has a lot more torque

Had a FZ6, great bike.

Also had an FZ6 - actually 2. Sold the first one and after a few months of trying other bikes, picked one up again for a couple years.

Ultimately I successfully migrated to a VFR and have now owned a few. Stock its ergonomically closer to a sport bike but with added heli-bars is an all-day ride. Hands down a better engine. Smoother, more torque through the band, and full fairings cause you're gonna get caught in the rain or cold sometime.

Also had an FZ6 - actually 2. Sold the first one and after a few months of trying other bikes, picked one up again for a couple years.

Ultimately I successfully migrated to a VFR and have now owned a few. Stock its ergonomically closer to a sport bike but with added heli-bars is an all-day ride. Hands down a better engine. Smoother, more torque through the band, and full fairings cause you're gonna get caught in the rain or cold sometime.
What model years were your fz6's?

I've heard Yamaha made quite a lot of changes starting with the 06 model.... Just wondering if these were noticeable

If you like the comfort of a sport touring bike, than go for it….insurance is actually not bad for a sport touring bike. I don't think it's so much engine displacement than it is classification of the bike…if you haven't checked, I think you will be surprised..

currently debating between the yamaha FZ6 and the Honda 919.

i really like the upright seating position and the sport touring styling.

Would love feedback from people who have owned these bikes. Or if you can recommend other similar bikes. Nothing over a 1000 cc because insurance is too high

What model years were your fz6's?

I've heard Yamaha made quite a lot of changes starting with the 06 model.... Just wondering if these were noticeable

Both where red '06's. I did add Leo Vince & K&N filter to wake them up a bit. Also added an '07 subframe for a little more passenger comfort. The display, subframe & swingarm all changed in '07, but from what I understand the '06 benefited from better fuel mapping.

Fz09, great riding position and it is still on the cheap side

currently debating between the yamaha fz6 and the honda 919.

I really like the upright seating position and the sport touring styling.

Last edited:
I've demoed both bikes and preferred the 919. It was much smoother and had more power. The Yamaha was the sportier of the two as it felt peakier (is that a word?). The Honda was the more comfortable of the two but had less wind protection.

I've demoed both bikes and preferred the 919. It was much smoother and had more power. The Yamaha was the sportier of the two as it felt peakier (is that a word?). The Honda was the more comfortable of the two but had less wind protection.
Thanks for the insight

I'm definitely leaning towards the Honda

I'm currently debating whether to get a 919 or FZ1. Insurance quotes are essentially the same.

FZ1 seems like a lot more bike, but I like the looks of the 919 (w/ belly pan) much better.

I dunno.

But I would certainly consider the FZ1 if I were you.

Take the 919. Super reliable. Great performance. Big trunk. Comfortable ride for a sport bike. Ive ridden one it was grear. I liked it.

Oops. Thought it was 919 as in cbr900?

Is it cbr900 or cb919?

I'm currently debating whether to get a 919 or FZ1. Insurance quotes are essentially the same.

FZ1 seems like a lot more bike, but I like the looks of the 919 (w/ belly pan) much better.

I dunno.

But I would certainly consider the FZ1 if I were you.
For some reason the fz1 is very expensive in terms on insurance for me.

For some reason the fz1 is very expensive in terms on insurance for me.

Weird. I just checked again through ridersplus.com and rates for both bikes are within 10 bucks of each other - a bit under $1400. (36yo, M2 since October 2013, 1 year continuous insurance, clean record)

Weird. I just checked again through ridersplus.com and rates for both bikes are within 10 bucks of each other - a bit under $1400. (36yo, M2 since October 2013, 1 year continuous insurance, clean record)
Wow thts cheap for the fz1

In terms on insurance the fz6 was quoted at $695....honda 919 at $865 and the fz1 was well over $2000 and i really couldnt understand the big price difference

Back
Top Bottom