Local Supplier of Cordura Armoured Jeans | GTAMotorcycle.com

Local Supplier of Cordura Armoured Jeans

BRT

Not interested in riding pants to fit over regular pants but, specifically,
something like Motoport's "Cordura Street Jean 1000 Denier."

Preferably relatively local, so they can tried on for size.

Not interested in riding pants to fit over regular pants but, specifically,
something like Motoport's "Cordura Street Jean 1000 Denier."

Preferably relatively local, so they can tried on for size.
Those pants don't really seem like anything special to me. Most shops should have something comparable.

Those pants don't really seem like anything special to me. Most shops should have something comparable.

Yep ... lots of denim jeans, but I'm
trying to stay away from cotton (or leather),
or anything that is too "bikey-looking".

Jeans made of Cordura would seem to be a decent comprimise;
just can't find any.

Almost all riding pants are made of Cordura. That's why I said you should be able to find them anywhere. Or is your problem that you want the jean style? That might be harder to find and other than the top of the pant the material is going to look pretty similar on all of them.

You're good to avoid denim as it does nothing. Cordura might not be much better, according to most reviews I've read.

Kevlar lined jeans is another option.

I am also looking kinda the same style as the Codura Street Jean 1000 Denier. Anyone out there have any suggestions, opinion on codura pants please post.thanks

I have pants by motoport that are very similar and they are awesome. The bulkiness of the tri armour takes away from the jean appearance, but the fit and function is great. When it's not raining or really cold, they are easily my preferred riding pants. No idea where to get something similar local other than a kevlar jean as mentioned with some armour strapped on underneath.

Joe Rocket Blaster armoured jeans. Real jeans with Kevlar reinforced knee and seat. CE removable armour in the knees. Relaxed fit, boot cut. Page 67 in the Royal Distributing catalogue. 165.99

Attachments

• joe rocket Blaster armoured jeans.jpg
    joe rocket Blaster armoured jeans.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 39

Thanks - but those are just cotton pants with some Cordura content (as an aside, IMO, they don't fit particularly well). I actually have several pairs of the "Cordura (Denim) Jeans" that Bass Pro used to carry under their "RedHead" brand; with the nylon content, they're more durable than regular denim for regular wear, but not something that would protect, at all, in a bike mishap ...

My understanding, and I stand to be corrected, is that 1000 Denier Cordura holds up about as well (perhaps better?) than leather for this purpose.

Last edited:
Maybe try Rocket-T's. They are lined with kevlar material sewn in and also armor inserts you may or may not use. Inserts are in pockets on the interior at knees and hips. Also in black cargo style as wll as jean style.
www.rocketeese.com

Last edited:
Maybe try Rocket-T's
www.rocketeese.com

Good price for fully lined 300 GSM kevlar jeans. Although it's kind of confusing that it says they are lined with 100% Dupont Kevlar and then farther down says the lining is 70% aramid Dupont Kevlar fiber.

Try GP Bikes they have brands like Tourmaster, Resurgence Gear etc. that may fit your criteria.

"Good price for fully lined 300 GSM kevlar jeans. Although it's kind of confusing that it says they are lined with 100% Dupont Kevlar and then farther down says the lining is 70% aramid Dupont Kevlar fiber."

Confusing is right. All of these different terminology is making buying harder when you can really afford to buy only one decent pair. The best I could come up with is the Dainese New Drake Textile Riding Pants (still thinking about buying it from GP bikes). I guess there is always a trade off in comfort vs protection or can you get both?

"Good price for fully lined 300 GSM kevlar jeans. Although it's kind of confusing that it says they are lined with 100% Dupont Kevlar and then farther down says the lining is 70% aramid Dupont Kevlar fiber."

Confusing is right. All of these different terminology is making buying harder when you can really afford to buy only one decent pair. The best I could come up with is the Dainese New Drake Textile Riding Pants (still thinking about buying it from GP bikes). I guess there is always a trade off in comfort vs protection or can you get both?
I find perforated leather to be a good blend of comfort and protection but I can't find any overpants made of perf'd leather.
Next to no details on that page. How much is lined? What is the weight of kevlar? Etc.

Maybe try Rocket-T's. They are lined with kevlar material sewn in and also armor inserts you may or may not use. Inserts are in pockets on the interior at knees and hips. Also in black cargo style as wll as jean style.
www.rocketeese.com

Saw these at the last show. Do you have a pair? Opinion / feedback?

Fit is tight go one size larger than you use for everyday jeans. Had inseam trimmed to suit. Well made offshore Pakistan offering. Were cheaper at show than on site though.

Last edited:
Fit is tight go one size larger than you use for everyday jeans. Had inseam trimmed to suit. Well made offshore Pakistan offering. Where cheaper at show than on site though.

Thank you.

hey check out Scorpion Covert Pro Jeans review on Revzilla.

-The ultimate in urban stealth, the Scorpion Covert Pro Jeans give you an enormous level of protection while maintaining the look of a standard pair of jeans. Sans any visible seams, funky pockets or zippers, the Covert Pro Jeans still pack a punch with a full coverage Dupont Kevlar lining and pockets for

SAS-Tec
knee and hip armor without giving away the fact you are wearing a protective motorcycle pant. For those occasions when wearing a full textile or leather riding pant is not an option, the Covert Pro Jeans are the perfect choice for getting you where you need to go undercover but not under protected.Features:

• Traditional 5-pocket design
  • Cordura 373 GSM (85% cotton / 15% nylon) abrasion resistant exterior
  • 250 GSM DuPont™ Kevlar® Lining from the knee to the waist
  • Pocket for adjustable SAS-Tec Level 2 knee armor (sold separately)
  • Pocket for optional SAS-Tec Level 1 hip armor (sold separately)
  • Night Viz reflective material at inner cuff
  • Full mesh lining for comfort and airflow
  • 32" inseam
[h=1][/h]

Back
Top Bottom