Vetter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vetter?

Beekman

Who here uses a Vetter fairing. I have a 1980 Yamaha maxim and I just picked up a Vetter fairing with lowers. Just wondering if I could get some input from people who use them.

It was kind of an impulse pickup, Ive been wanting more wind protection and storage but I'd like to hear how it affects the ride in other ways.

On the topic, I need the proper mounting bracket so if anyone has an XJ better mounting bracket please message me.

Which Vetter fairing? The most common was the full-size "rounded" Windjammer, but they also put out a smaller sport-touring fairing called the Quicksilver that was much more angular in shape.

I have a Vetter Windjammer and bracket set here. Got it plus a whack of other parts to do some work on my CB 750.

Edit: Oops! Dang type earlier... It is a Vetter Windjammer... Not a "Better" Windjammer...

At any rate does this look like the bracket you have?

Last edited:
Mine is a windjammer 2 I believe. I've seen the homemade brackets, unfortunately welding and metal fab aren't among my skills haha

I have a Vetter Windjammer and bracket set here. Got it plus a whack of other parts to do some work on my CB 750.

Edit: Oops! Dang type earlier... It is a Vetter Windjammer... Not a "Better" Windjammer...

At any rate does this look like the bracket you have?

yes it does, would you be selling it?

Well... I would rather sell the entire thing. Bracket and fairing. Will pm you.

Well I ended up getting my hands on a mount that works. It came off of a cb750, not an absolutely perfect fit but definitely secure and level enough.

Back
Top Bottom