Best inexpensive helmet camera? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best inexpensive helmet camera?

stickman88

Hey guys

What do you think is the best inexpensive motorcyxle helmet camera there is in the market today. Mainly just want it to be used to capture daily riding scenes and also for safety purposes? I know the alot of you are going to say the go pro but that is way out of the budget. I've been looking at the contour+1 But seems the quality it captures gives like a yellow shade to its video and not as bright as I would like. Does anybody have the contour? What are your thoughts and what do u guys have? Preferably something under $200.

Last edited:
Xiaomi Yi (if you can get one shipped through ebay...)
Mobius cam

Cheapest for alright quality.

No optical image stabilisation though.

Look for Techmoan on youtube, he has in depth reviews. Obviously those choices are really for the budget segment but still provide 1080p30fps (xiaomi provides 60FPS as well)
Xiaomi is pretty new, accessories will come out soon and the money you saved on the cam youll be able to spend on accessories and mounts.

Last edited:
Used Contour+2 or Contour Roam 2. The video is a little soft and low-light performance is bad compared to the latest GoPros, but if you're like me and you just like to review your own daytime rides and post the occasional clip on Youtube, it's perfectly fine.

[video=youtube;JCunrUMql8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCunrUMql8Y[/video]

Last edited:
Used Contour+2 or Contour Roam 2. The video is a little soft and low-light performance is bad compared to the latest GoPros, but if you're like me and you just like to review your own daytime rides and post the occasional clip on Youtube, it's perfectly fine.

[video=youtube;JCunrUMql8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCunrUMql8Y[/video]

For 1080p I thought quality would be alot better. the lighting bugs me

I was just recommending either - I have the Roam 2.

Main reason I bought mine is that it was cheap - $130 lightly used @ Henry's. Came with all the original accessories and mounts.

If you are looking for that aerodynamic factor shape theres also the

SONY AS100V
DRIFT Cams (little over your budget)
and the imitations
SJ1000
SJ3000

May I suggest a used Liquid Image EGO action cam which can be had for under $100. It captures at 720p and 1080p with a 135 degree FOV and the quality is comparable to the GoPro's. It is smaller and lighter than a GoPro and can work with GoPro mounts. My only complaints are that it does not have a removable battery and a full charge will only last for 1.5 hours at 1080p. I've used it in my vids. Good luck.

This camera looks pretty cool: Innovv C3. The camera lens is separate from the body; cam be installed as a dash cam or helmet cam

Back
Top Bottom