Why do people paint, sticker, or install dark windscreens on sports bikes? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do people paint, sticker, or install dark windscreens on sports bikes?

A dark tinted windscreen looks great on a black bike (FZ8S in my case.) Yeah, I admit it: I did it for the looks.

I actually just bought a dark screen for my Seven Fiddy, just for the looks. I like it.

even at my full tuck i still cant see through the windscreen. too old and dont bend that way.

As for stickers I only have the factory ones on...I even removed the Termi decals off my exhaust...looks cleaner & my wind screen is tinted because I think it looks better than the clear!

Next thread: "Why do people do anything, I don't understand. I cannot figure anything out on my own. Please help me."

It's so the sun doesn't melt my chocolate bars, duh.

Some people say I eat too many chocolate bars...

<frame width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6T2olgjnDWY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></frame>

[video=youtu.be/6T2olgjnDWY]https://youtu.be/6T2olgjnDWY [/video]

why cant i figure out how to do this damn video thing???

Last edited:
Dark Windscreen strictly for aesthetics for me. I don't think i'd ever need to go full tuck on the street.

Why not?
Permission not required.

Now tell all about what oil should I get? Etc, etc. Lol, really.

Is this a serious question? Do you think people actually look through them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More posts = more credibility? People collect anything these days.

Makes all the girls at the Tim's want to see my bike instead of your with a stock screen!

Yeah I said it! The truth is out! I did it just like Jesus did.... For the Chicks!

Makes all the girls at the Tim's want to see my bike instead of your with a stock screen!

Yeah I said it! The truth is out! I did it just like Jesus did.... For the Chicks!

Don`t you hate it when all the "Chicks" come out for you screaming. "So where is your tinted screen? Lol, double.

He does, but it hides in the garage wasting away while his fingers blast words away here on the forum.

That isn't the only thing he's blasting onto the keyboard I would bet.

A sticker will also cover the hole you drilled at the end of a small crack to stop it's path.Until you get a new part of course.

'asplain. It's an epidemic.

"We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the fairy to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones."

For the same reason that all cruiser riders have black bike, annoying exhaust, pack on the chrome, fringe, angle bells, wear half helmets, T-shirts with black vests and name their dog, kid, wife Harley.

winterbikepics015_zps3079192a.jpg

Cause black is so damn sexy.

cheers
ken

Last edited:
For the same reason that all cruiser riders have black bike, annoying exhaust, pack on the chrome, fringe, angle bells, wear half helmets, T-shirts with black vests and name their dog, kid, wife Harley.

LOL. My cruiser isn't black, I'm going to determine if the V&H pipe that was on it is annoying, less chrome on mine than most, friends do not let friends use fringe (it belongs on tricycles only), full face helmet here, a t-shirt once per year in 34 degrees, no vest ever, no dog, no kid, and no affinity to Harley.

I'm bucking the trend.

Back
Top Bottom