Why do people paint, sticker, or install dark windscreens on sports bikes? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do people paint, sticker, or install dark windscreens on sports bikes?

People follow the trends & this is in.

I hope these trends stay in the motorcycle and car world. I'd hate to bastardize a perfectly good canoe just to be current no pun intended of course.

I've blacked out my windscreen on both bikes I have had. I used PlastiDip on the underside but I find my windscreen now just as useful as it was before. Doesn't decrease my field of vision what so ever since I am never that deep in the tuck to require it. 100% for the looks... and it looks good.

How long will this "trend" last for? It's been around for the last 15yrs.

15 years? I had my first tinted screen on a GSXR1100 in 1992. And I wasn't the first customer.

My bike came with a dark tint windscreen and it looks nice.
Roomie, your bike looks great. What do you use to maintain your wheels to look so clean.
He uses a product called "Parked Bike" :) Jokes aside, I just discovered WD40 grease and oil remover, it is awesome for wheels and everything else.

Talking about looks, never had a second look at any parking lot with my GSXR 750, parked at Royal with my FZ09 once and I got 2 people amazed by the bike.... wait until I put the tinted screen and stickers on it

Last edited:
parked at Royal with my FZ09 once and I got 2 people amazed by the bike.... wait until I put the tinted screen and stickers on it

Put on Tecate stickers. To sidewalk commandos it sounds like Ducati but it's actually a Mexican beer. Win/win.

my factory screen was light tint, I changed it to a dark tint. I find it offers quite a bit more shade so I don't get a sunburn

Put on Tecate stickers. To sidewalk commandos it sounds like Ducati but it's actually a Mexican beer. Win/win.

Now I want a Tecate, thanks a lot. While sitting on a beach in the Mayan of course.

Back
Top Bottom