The youth of today.... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The youth of today....

Whatever happened to: Spare the Rod Spoil the Child?

Society no longer puts any stock into basic, tried and tested child rearing principles and then his horrified when children behave like animals...case in point is young Billy here below, Billy's parents also didn't believe in Spare the Rod Spoil the Child and look how well Billy turned out:

spare-the-rod-spoil-the-child-best-demotivational-posters_zpskhx3vsz4.jpg

If Billy gets some more facial tattoos he could probably change colour...

I agree with your pov. Some people just don't get it. Is somebody going to watch a video game and model that behaviour right away? No, very likely not. But the erosion over time can't be denied. Fact is people look around for clues all the time and model behaviour based on what they see, videos, games, advertising, sporting events, movies, books, every thing that is suggestive will appeal to some and not others. Role models, negative or positive. Some people act on that because. Evidence of that is everywhere. Look at trends. Dooshbag behaviour in some music videos that mimic street life, suburban kids act out those videos. Street racing vids? Chicken or egg?
We're all being desensitized to bad stuff. The video was cringe worthy but I got through it ok. Before the youtube explosion I'd be super rattled by that video and be thinking about the poor girl for a long time. Now? Not so much, gotta move to the next video. Shot in the back 5 times? Ho hum.

Are you for real? You know when the 1st street race took place? When the 2nd Car/Moto was built.

I can act like an animal - ain't nothing to it - gangsta rap made me do it
If I eat you like a cannibal, ain't nothing to it - gangsta rap made me do it
Ice Cube, modern poet lyricist and philosopher maestro, wrote "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" as a commentary to the North American society’s tendency to blame someone else for our own acts. I did what? Slammed a girl on the pavement? No matter, gangsta rap made me do it.

Ice Cube, modern poet lyricist and philosopher maestro, wrote "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" as a commentary to the North American society’s tendency to blame someone else for our own acts. I did what? Slammed a girl on the pavement? No matter, gangsta rap made me do it.

Youth-GIF-1420665572.gif

油井緋色;2290172 said:
Seems like I made a bunch of fan girls with my post. I have nothing against video games and have finished most Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto games. What I posted has research facts backed up all; I'm far too lazy to start citing sources though. I'm not for eliminating violence from video games or removing video games. However there are 2 points:

1. Kids that really are far too young to be playing games like GTA (lets say...sub 16?). There is a critical period during childhood that a kid absorbs a ton of information effectively...doesn't sit well with me if they're gonna spend 8 hours a day beating on hookers and watching Trevor Philips bi-polar episodes (again, I really love his character).

2. Sexuality censorship over violence censorship. This makes no sense to me still.

Also, I never said kids become violent due to video games...I'm saying there is an effect, I don't know what it is. It's been stated that empathy is at an all time low (I'm not sure how you measure this or the validity of this statement) and it's quite obvious from even the ridiculously aggressive posts on this forum towards opinions that don't agree (thanks fan girls). Maybe kids have been standing around watching each other kick each other since before I was born but I'll never know. I never saw this stuff in high school because I never associated myself with that kind of crowd.

get one of your more clever siblings to explain passive agressive for you. Take notes. One on of your better days of clarity review the notes.

Are you for real? You know when the 1st street race took place? When the 2nd Car/Moto was built.

So? Somebody had something to prove. No surprise there. Boasting rights have always existed. Having better ways to expose them thru video doesn't make it less so. Watch Mulholland Drive videos. Is everybody there a purist for the love of the sport? People are influenced by the many options the palette of life offers up. That's how things get started, by imagining yourself in a given position. Like snazzy car adverts, they want you to imagine yourself behind the wheel being the chick magnet. Check it out some time.

油井緋色;2290172 said:
Seems like I made a bunch of fan girls with my post. I have nothing against video games and have finished most Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto games. What I posted has research facts backed up all; I'm far too lazy to start citing sources though. I'm not for eliminating violence from video games or removing video games. However there are 2 points:

1. Kids that really are far too young to be playing games like GTA (lets say...sub 16?). There is a critical period during childhood that a kid absorbs a ton of information effectively...doesn't sit well with me if they're gonna spend 8 hours a day beating on hookers and watching Trevor Philips bi-polar episodes (again, I really love his character).

2. Sexuality censorship over violence censorship. This makes no sense to me still.

Also, I never said kids become violent due to video games...I'm saying there is an effect, I don't know what it is. It's been stated that empathy is at an all time low (I'm not sure how you measure this or the validity of this statement) and it's quite obvious from even the ridiculously aggressive posts on this forum towards opinions that don't agree (thanks fan girls). Maybe kids have been standing around watching each other kick each other since before I was born but I'll never know. I never saw this stuff in high school because I never associated myself with that kind of crowd.

Just going to throw this out there, I was looking for games at an EB games a little over a year ago, there was a 10 year old (overheard the sales rep talking with the parents), and the kid wanted GTA 5. The sales rep cautioned both parents that the game isn't appropriate for minors with sex, guns, drugs, and violence. This is where the parents turned around and asked the kid "are you sure you want it?". Of course he said yes. They bought it for him.

Wonder how that turned out.

Being exposed to that kind of stuff at that age defiantly has an effect on younger children. I have a family friend's kid that comes over every couple weeks and you can't even imagine the words he was uttering at the age of 9, he was even yelling and swearing back at my gfs mom when she told him to stop using those words. Yes, he has parents that buy him whatever he wants when he starts bitching and doesn't do anything when he starts acting out as I stated above.

I eventually flipped my **** on him (put it off for a good year or so cause its not my kid and I shouldn't be telling his parents how to raise their kid) and he avoids me at all costs now (or at least talks to me with more respect), but he still treats everyone else like **** with no respect.

Wolfenstein 3D is turning 23 years old in a few weeks. If it had never been made, we wouldn't have to suffer the violent dystopia we live in today, where everyone is proficient in the use of a man portable XM214 minigun

When my son was 8 his friends were playing COD. He was playing Kirby's Epic Yarn Adventure. He's now 11. The most violent game that I allow in my house is Super Smash Bros.

When I was young, they said metal was the work of Satan. Judas Priest made the kid shoot up a place. I didn't believe it then, and still don't now. But violent video games, when you are immersed in them, actively engaging, I believe can have an effect on impressionable minds. Just my $0.02.

When my son was 8 his friends were playing COD. He was playing Kirby's Epic Yarn Adventure. He's now 11. The most violent game that I allow in my house is Super Smash Bros.

When I was young, they said metal was the work of Satan. Judas Priest made the kid shoot up a place. I didn't believe it then, and still don't now. But violent video games, when you are immersed in them, actively engaging, I believe can have an effect on impressionable minds. Just my $0.02.
*offtopic*
Your inbox is full

*offtopic*
Your inbox is full

Thx. I haven't figured out how to empty it with Tapatalk. Will try pc soon.

Back to topic-- 38 year old coworker, after buying and playing GTA5, stated that it was the most violent game he has ever played and was disturbed by it. He played all previous ones as well, and has since sold the game.

Violence has been glorified to such an extent that people take pride in doing it. Youth consider its shortcut to fame something which would make them popular in no time. Now a days there are so many contributing factors that it's hard to pin any specific of it.

Mug shots on the news definitely makes you popular fast. Or I guess youtube/live leak does since they can't identify youths on the news due to the youths protection act.
What are we talking about again?

WORLDDD STARRRRRRRRR

Last edited:
Mug shots on the news definitely makes you popular fast. Or I guess youtube/live leak does since they can't identify youths on the news due to the youths protection act.
What are we talking about again?

WORLDDD STARRRRRRRRR

Among your peer group. Ever been on a group ride?

Among your peer group. Ever been on a group ride?

Does 3 count? I don't go on large group rides. How does this relate to this thread? lol

Does 3 count? I don't go on large group rides. How does this relate to this thread? lol

How does this not relate to this thread? Seriously, I'm surprised you ask.

How does this not relate to this thread? Seriously, I'm surprised you ask.

On topic for the off topic topic? lol

On topic for the off topic topic? lol

Going back to the original post I think we're talking about youth behaviour in a group setting vis-a-vis motivations. That's why I asked about group rides. People do things in a group, among peers, they would never do alone. An extreme example would be ISIS where, if you're the guy sawing heads off, you'd be accorded a special place among the group. Wheelying into a guardrail would be the lite version of that.

Back
Top Bottom