The youth of today.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

The youth of today....

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Wake up to read the paper this morning to find this:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ustody-after-video-of-assault-goes-viral.html

This is what makes me sick. This is how the youth of today treat each other and they think it's fine and ok to beat the hell out of one another, even females, and it's more appropriate to sit there and watch (and record video) instead of helping someone out while they're getting injured.

This to me is a more important issue than FGM and ISIS. This is our backyard, our next generation. This, IMHO, should be the focus of our efforts to make a better world.

I feel the same way about 'Feed the African children' commercials...how about feeding the Canadian/Toronto children before we send off money to another land to help them out.

This is what makes me sick. This is how the youth of today treat each other and they think it's fine and ok to beat the hell out of one another.

It is sick. But to blame the youth for thinking this way is to blame the symptoms for the sickness. Youths don't spring out of the ground with these thoughts in their head. They are spoon-fed the ideas that this behaviour is acceptable, through multiple sources - all run by adults.

Violence is glorified, everywhere. We have promoted sports leagues where athletes become celebrities for knocking the living **** out of each other, and even hold televised auditions to see who can give and take the biggest beating.

Youths watch adults use violence to settle scores and even the odds, to become rich and famous, and simply as a form of entertainment - is it a surprise they emulate? That punk drops that poor girl on her head and walks away with his head held high. That was his audition, it's all over the internet for the world to see, and he is damn proud of it.

But if you want to talk about the next generation, perhaps we should consider the bigger picture. Proper food and water should not come at a premium, and a complete education should not come at a cost. Let's feed our youth well, and SHOW them the value of learning - not with dollars, but with sense. A healthy mind, a healthy body.

It's beyond disgusting, and sooner or later it's going to come back around.

My brother is a nurse that generally enjoys ICU work. He can watch patients pass away and not feel anything but gets a huge rush from code blues. There are other nurses I know who have broken down under similar circumstances. The difference between him and the nurses who break down? Video games, a lot of extremely violent video games.

North American culture is extremely sensitive to human sexuality; hentai games get instant banned here, yet Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best selling video games ever...and the next one will be too. Mind you, I would love to have Trevor Philips as a friend.

How many kids play GTAV? Probably too many. And this is game where we laugh about paying a hooker to have sex with you, then running her over with your car.

LOL, you're a simpleton. Plain and simple.

See how quickly i can judge a person based on a single point of observation? Maybe your brother is a sociopath? Maybe women no matter what they are exposed to will always remain more open to show emotions?

For the last 20 years an entire generation has grew up with violent graphic video games. Your simpleton viewpoint should be a lot more predominant with 30 year olds....and yet its not.

油井緋色;2289787 said:
My brother is a nurse that generally enjoys ICU work. He can watch patients pass away and not feel anything but gets a huge rush from code blues. There are other nurses I know who have broken down under similar circumstances. The difference between him and the nurses who break down? Video games, a lot of extremely violent video games.

North American culture is extremely sensitive to human sexuality; hentai games get instant banned here, yet Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best selling video games ever...and the next one will be too. Mind you, I would love to have Trevor Philips as a friend.

How many kids play GTAV? Probably too many. And this is game where we laugh about paying a hooker to have sex with you, then running her over with your car.

Sick little bastard. Maybe someone will do the same to him when he's inside.

Here are the problems as mostly identified above:

1. Desensitisation from multiple sources and greater access to media content
2. The YouTube generation with the "everyone can be an internet star" and the 15 mins of fame ****.
3. Lack of parenting skills

But if you want to talk about the next generation, perhaps we should consider the bigger picture. Proper food and water should not come at a premium, and a complete education should not come at a cost. Let's feed our youth well, and SHOW them the value of learning - not with dollars, but with sense. A healthy mind, a healthy body.

While I agree with this statement I'm going to look at it a bit differently. It starts in the home. If the parents can't be around to deal with this, and to also actually SPEND TIME WITH THEIR CHILDREN and teach them right from wrong, there's no chance we can turn it around. I have friends who have kids that they spend time with each day no matter how busy they are. On the flip side, other friends come home, turn on the TV/iPad/Video Games for their kids and then they unwind after their long day because they can't deal with the kids asking questions or wanting to spend time with their parents. Their reasoning...I'm too tired from working all day.

Is there a difference b/w the kids and how they interact with others? Damn right there is.

油井緋色;2289787 said:
And this is game where we laugh about paying a hooker to have sex with you, then running her over with your car.

That's exactly it. Many people will reference many studies which will say that kids playing violent video games are NOT more likely to be violent offenders, but that misses the whole point.

As an example, I can honestly say that I have only played a GTA game once, for about 5 minutes, before moving on to something else. Despite that, I am all too familiar with the smashing success that the GTA franchise has been. Those games receive so much attention in the press, and through the publishers marketing and advertising. The core concepts of the game are not news to anyone - the damn name of the game is Grand Theft Auto. You don't need to have played the game to know what it is, it lives in infamy!

It is promoted and endorsed, and without having even played the game, an impressionable young person knows that it's cool and popular. It's cool to watch people be abused, threatened, attacked, and beaten. Pushing a button on a gamepad to watch a virtual man beat a stranger with a bat may not breed a violent person, but it certainly makes them far more likely to just hit record on their cell phone while they watch a person pick up and drop another on their head.

Because millions of dollars in advertising tells us it's cool to watch street fights.

people beating the crap out of one another is not something that was invented by this generation or by video games, it has been going on since the first 2 caveman had a beef.
IMO the problem today is with people videotaping instead of helping, and that extends to all generations not just kids, you see it over and over, big crowd watching, taking pictures / videos but no one steps in to help.

People (and kids, who are small people) have been beating the **** out of each other for thousands of years. You want someone to have stepped in and tried to break it up? When? That fight escalated extremely quickly.

Things that have been blamed for violent youth:

-The conch
-Mormonism
-Rock and roll
-Power Rangers
-Video games

etc

油井緋色;2289787 said:

I don't want to live on this planet with you anymore. YEESH. What the hell did I just read.

It is sick. But to blame the youth for thinking this way is to blame the symptoms for the sickness. Youths don't spring out of the ground with these thoughts in their head. They are spoon-fed the ideas that this behaviour is acceptable, through multiple sources - all run by adults.

Violence is glorified, everywhere. We have promoted sports leagues where athletes become celebrities for knocking the living **** out of each other, and even hold televised auditions to see who can give and take the biggest beating.

Youths watch adults use violence to settle scores and even the odds, to become rich and famous, and simply as a form of entertainment - is it a surprise they emulate? That punk drops that poor girl on her head and walks away with his head held high. That was his audition, it's all over the internet for the world to see, and he is damn proud of it.

But if you want to talk about the next generation, perhaps we should consider the bigger picture. Proper food and water should not come at a premium, and a complete education should not come at a cost. Let's feed our youth well, and SHOW them the value of learning - not with dollars, but with sense. A healthy mind, a healthy body. - communist much??

Violence is not something new, and if anything today's world is less violent than it was 200 years ago, you only think its more violent because you have instant access to this information from all around the world.
you really think that MMA, boxing, and other combat sports are whats wrong with society??

Violence is not something new, and if anything today's world is less violent than it was 200 years ago, you only think its more violent because you have instant access to this information from all around the world.
you really think that MMA, boxing, and other combat sports are whats wrong with society??

"Combat sports". See what you did there? You called it a sport. That makes it okay. How about we kill for sport? Killing is wrong? Yes, very much so. But beating someone to a pulp isn't? At what point in our future are we going to deem it acceptable to take willing convicts on death row and have them duke it out to the death for our entertainment?

It's a double standard we have created. It's not just about the amount of violence, it's the reason why. Cavemen fought for survival, and because they were mentally primitive. Yes, nations and empires have used violence to capture and conquer, but that is not violence for the sake of violence.

I am referring to the casual promotion of violence in modern society. Eat, sleep, fight. It's not about survival, it's about popularity. Don't televise it, don't promote it. Don't turn it into a spectacle, and glorify it.

For the sake of argument, I'll agree that the world is actually a less violent place than it was. I'll agree that I only think it's more violent because I have more exposure to that violence. Assuming this is true, it is still irrelevant. What people see and hear is what they believe is true. Seeing violence promoted, seeing it take place on the streets and on the internet is NOT going to convince people that there is less of it. It is only going to have the effect of furthering its exposure. We become a product of our environment, and if that environment is constantly pushing violence down our throats, that's what we're going to continue to become.

Watch that video again. No one flinches when that girl hits the ground. That man walked away proud of his actions. Complete complacency, as if it is expected behaviour.

And, honestly - using the past as a means to justify the present is just foolish. It's not 20 years ago, or 200 years ago, or 2000 years ago. Use the past to learn from faults, not validate them.

"Combat sports". See what you did there? You called it a sport. That makes it okay. How about we kill for sport? Killing is wrong? Yes, very much so. But beating someone to a pulp isn't? At what point in our future are we going to deem it acceptable to take willing convicts on death row and have them duke it out to the death for our entertainment?

It's a double standard we have created. It's not just about the amount of violence, it's the reason why. Cavemen fought for survival, and because they were mentally primitive. Yes, nations and empires have used violence to capture and conquer, but that is not violence for the sake of violence.

I am referring to the casual promotion of violence in modern society. Eat, sleep, fight. It's not about survival, it's about popularity. Don't televise it, don't promote it. Don't turn it into a spectacle, and glorify it.

For the sake of argument, I'll agree that the world is actually a less violent place than it was. I'll agree that I only think it's more violent because I have more exposure to that violence. Assuming this is true, it is still irrelevant. What people see and hear is what they believe is true. Seeing violence promoted, seeing it take place on the streets and on the internet is NOT going to convince people that there is less of it. It is only going to have the effect of furthering its exposure. We become a product of our environment, and if that environment is constantly pushing violence down our throats, that's what we're going to continue to become.

Watch that video again. No one flinches when that girl hits the ground. That man walked away proud of his actions. Complete complacency, as if it is expected behaviour.

And, honestly - using the past as a means to justify the present is just foolish. It's not 20 years ago, or 200 years ago, or 2000 years ago. Use the past to learn from faults, not validate them.

Yes combat sports, it is a sport with 2 trained athletes, do you also not consider football, rugby sports? some of the participants get hurt a lot worse than MMA fighters, what about Hockey?? they have fights, well maybe we shouldn't televise that either, lets make it real safe, lets stop televising anything but hugging and compliment competitions, that's whats going to make this world a better place, maybe if you just stop showing violence on TV ISIS will stop killing people in the middle east, and Boko Haram will stop kidnapping teenage girls in Africa, common dude are you even listening to yourself?

As far as using the past to justify the present goes, its not a justification, its a benchmark for progress 2000 years ago we lived in caves now we live in condos, 200 years ago if I wouldnt have liked something you said I would have challanged you to a duel and killed you, today I get to b!tch abut it on a motorcycle forum.....see progress

I think MMA is a thugs game to be honest, not a sport at all but then I used to like boxing and there's been plenty of thuggish behaviour there at times too.

Wow how pathetic do you have to be to do that to a person, let a lone a girl. Knocking out this little girl by body slamming her. I hope some 300lbs guy shows this tiny little punk exactly what it feels like to be manhandled and abused.

While I agree with this statement I'm going to look at it a bit differently. It starts in the home. If the parents can't be around to deal with this, and to also actually SPEND TIME WITH THEIR CHILDREN and teach them right from wrong, there's no chance we can turn it around. I have friends who have kids that they spend time with each day no matter how busy they are. On the flip side, other friends come home, turn on the TV/iPad/Video Games for their kids and then they unwind after their long day because they can't deal with the kids asking questions or wanting to spend time with their parents. Their reasoning...I'm too tired from working all day.

Is there a difference b/w the kids and how they interact with others? Damn right there is.

Spending time with them can be difficult to do, with two working parents.
Even with myself at home, I don't see them much of the day while they're at school.

They can't really go out and play the way we used to, as there are almost zero kids out on the streets now to play with.
Everyone seems to be at home, and socializing online, so most kids are somewhat socially immature when face to face.

Not everyone is in agreement with your reasoning either.
The Liberals are putting in full day kindergarten, and are against income splitting,
which makes it seem like they are against this and wanting to implement some kind of State run child raising scheme.

Sick little bastard. Maybe someone will do the same to him when he's inside.

Here are the problems as mostly identified above:

1. Desensitisation from multiple sources and greater access to media content
2. The YouTube generation with the "everyone can be an internet star" and the 15 mins of fame ****.
3. Lack of parenting skills

Your point number 3 would be my first point..... I find it amazing that in our society we have to get a license to get a dog... Yet any one can have a kid.....Too many useless irresponsible parents out there. ... I say hold the parents of these kids responsible also.... Once parents realize they are actually responsible for the raising of their kids ... I guarantee you will see a huge reduction in this type of behaviour....

Only thing I got out of that video was as the girl was lying on the sidewalk some schmoe grabs an arm and tries to roll her over. Does NOBODY take first aid classes anymore, if there is any suspected head/spinal trauma you dont move them if you dont need to.

If only that dude had a male nurse brother......

Back
Top Bottom