Looking for hard luggage recommendations in 28-29" | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for hard luggage recommendations in 28-29"

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
Looking for sturdy and reasonably light hard luggage since I need an extra piece and I might as well buy something in reasonable quality. The price range would be up to $150. Current options in mind are:

1) Air Canada 28" Spinner Hardside - http://www.amazon.ca/Air-Canada-Hardside-Suitcase-Charcoal/dp/B00I47ZC54 - Seems nice enough but I'm not sure how sturdy it is
2) Samsonite Winfield 2 can be had a little above the price range
3) Samsonite Chancellor NXT - http://www.sears.ca/product/samsonite-chancellor-nxt-29-expandable-spinner/614-000244491-66053-XXXX - I'd prefer a hardcase, but the price is pretty damn good

Open to other options. Thanks for any tips guys :)

Check out The Bay for some luggage.
Picked up some nice Delsey pieces the other day. Super light. Depending on the luggage line, they have sales that fit within your budget.

Heys works for me. Reason being their office is in mississauga and i can send it in for warranty repairs without shipping it.

Heys works for me. Reason being their office is in mississauga and i can send it in for warranty repairs without shipping it.

I'll be spending more time abroad, so a more international brand might work out better for me... Starting to like the option of Samsonite Winfield 2... Can be had for $160 and every major city should have a Samsonite warranty center.

Walked into COSTCO (Queensway) this morning and they had some luggage on sale for $150 for 2 pieces. Can't remember the name as I just saw your thread now but might be worth checking out....

Walked into COSTCO (Queensway) this morning and they had some luggage on sale for $150 for 2 pieces. Can't remember the name as I just saw your thread now but might be worth checking out....

Let my membership lapse so Costco's not an option :(

Go to Atmosphere if there's one near you. Ask for the Eagle Creek rolling duffels on clearance if there are any left. They are few and far between but this is a lifetime warranty bag with super strong wheels that will go over gravel even, super light, built bombproof, great space inside for luggage with a handle, included net to strap stuff on top, grab handles everywhere. These also don't fall over like other rolling duffels when packed. I got mine for $100, they are usually around $300 each. Downside...they have a soft top but then I always pack fragile stuff in cases or wrapped inside lots of clothes, never had an issue. Comes in several sizes.

They are called "gear warrior" I think and were either last years models or previous years.

I got tired of buying **** luggage that would crap out on me after one or two trips so I started replacing my stuff with the lifetime warranty pieces. These were an amazing bargain so I bought two. Used them in Panama and they rolled over potholes etc, got chucked in the back of pick up trucks, I piled other luggage on top of them against the handle they were great. Oh..in case it matters, they also have a beer bottle opener on the end of one of the straps.

When I got mine they had to ship it from another store in Bowmanville I think and there was one left then. They can check in their system to see.

Wife picked me up some Travelpro on clearance from the Bay for Valentines.
It seems good after one trip. I'll have to see if it lasts.

She of course, has Briggs Reily.

The Eagle Creek product most likely wouldn't meet my needs... Gonna talk to the Mrs., but I 've narrowed my choices down to the Travelpro on the "expensive" side and Air Canada hardcase and American Tourister regular in the $100 ballpark.

Travelpro has a lifetime warranty I think..I have one of their cases too, a big spinner thing. Works well, holds up well. If its any help, I don't miss having hard cases vs soft sided. The weight savings is worth it for me and the better soft sided materials are just as secure

Travelpro has a lifetime warranty I think..I have one of their cases too, a big spinner thing. Works well, holds up well. If its any help, I don't miss having hard cases vs soft sided. The weight savings is worth it for me and the better soft sided materials are just as secure

Thanks... And I just found out that my wife left me both of her Samsonite knockoffs (similar-sounding brand), that are pretty decent-looking and have survived many trips with no ill effects, so I'm actually set for luggage.. I was under the impression that she only left me one, that it belongs to my mother in law and that it would have left us with only 2 pieces of luggage, both of them with Hello Kitty graphics lol

I go to Winners every couple years and buy something OK for about $100. Wife uses hardshell, I use expandable cordura types, we also travel with Northface waterproof/ripstop duffles. I have yet to find anything that an airline can not wreck. Tossing off ramps, into trucks, down coveyors, there is no respect for baggage at the handler level.
Buy something that is middle of the road, cheap will fail in three flights and awesome will be beat up in a year.

I go to Winners every couple years and buy something OK for about $100. Wife uses hardshell, I use expandable cordura types, we also travel with Northface waterproof/ripstop duffles. I have yet to find anything that an airline can not wreck. Tossing off ramps, into trucks, down coveyors, there is no respect for baggage at the handler level.
Buy something that is middle of the road, cheap will fail in three flights and awesome will be beat up in a year.

I got an Antler ultralight carry on from Winners....at the time it was the lightest carry on that you could buy that still had a really good warranty. Awesome bag. As for the cheap bag destruction thing....the Eagle Creek warranty is a no questions asked one...if it can't be repaired it's replaced regardless of how it was damaged I think.

I got an Antler ultralight carry on from Winners....at the time it was the lightest carry on that you could buy that still had a really good warranty. Awesome bag. As for the cheap bag destruction thing....the Eagle Creek warranty is a no questions asked one...if it can't be repaired it's replaced regardless of how it was damaged I think.
But are they close by to all the places that you're going to travel?

travel with a roll of duct tape, instant bag repair. Deal with it if/when you're back.

But are they close by to all the places that you're going to travel?

True enough...not always an option while on the road but that goes for any case. I always travel with one of those luggage strap/belt things in case of a burst zipper.

Back
Top Bottom