Fzr 2kr float height ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fzr 2kr float height ?

aerojake

Hey guys just after some advice on the correct float height for my bike I have pulled the carbs for a clean hoping that it will fix the issue im having with the bike not reving past 10,000rpm when under load so before putting her back together I need to set the floats.
I have found that the hyosung gt250r uses the exact same bds26 carbs, There float height is specified to be at 17mm would this float height be the same for the bds26's in my FZR*

If this is the case then my floats were way out of spec ive had to bend the tabs a considerable amount just to get 14mm.

Also when I first pulled the carbs I could see that the floats in carbs 3-4 where heaps lower than carbs 1-2 see pic. could this have contributed to my issue?

Attachments

• 20150407_111512.jpg
    20150407_111512.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 27
You are aware of FZR250.com website, right? All the info should be there ..... It's important that you have the carbs positioned/levelled as they are mounted on the bikes. The site has a little DYI jig. Your carbs bodies should have a cast line level.

Have you checked that you don't have fuel starvation elsewhere (pump, clogged filter).

You are aware of FZR250.com website, right? All the info should be there ..... It's important that you have the carbs positioned/levelled as they are mounted on the bikes. The site has a little DYI jig. Your carbs bodies should have a cast line level.

Have you checked that you don't have fuel starvation elsewhere (pump, clogged filter).

Yes I am aware of that site but after hours of searching I couldent find the right specs for my model, I have checked for starvation elsewhere and everything seems ok.
Im not measuring the float height with the fuel line attached to the drain hole as I have the carbs out I'm measuring them with a ruler from the bowl lip to the top of float with the float arm barley touching the needle valve.
But after more searching on every forum I could find I have finally found that the right setting is between 17.5mm and 19.5mm this would mean that to reach this setting I would have to adjust the floats 8mm higher on carbs 1-2 than what they originally were set at and carbs 3-4 would need 13mm adjusting as they were roughly 5mm lower than carbs 1-2.

Is it right that my bike should have even been runnjng with the floats being so far out of spec ?

Back
Top Bottom