DAINESE ‘MADE TO MEASURE’ Feedback. | GTAMotorcycle.com

DAINESE ‘MADE TO MEASURE’ Feedback.

Crackberry

Site Supporter
Last year, Rider’s Choice in Mississauga hosted a Dainese made to measure event on October 10th & 11th. My understanding is that customers are measured up for a jacket or full suit and can customize colours and scripts. The jacket or suit is then made according to the individual's measurements and preferences and shipped back to them, something similar to getting a bespoke suit made.

I was unable to go to this event and am wondering if anyone on GTAM did? I am unable to fit into a Dainese jacket but I very much like their look and colour schemes. Given that this is a unique purchase, I might be willing to spend the extra money to get a custom jacket that would fit me made and am hoping to get some feedback from others who have used this service.

Cheers!

Just an FYI, but some of the Dainese Jackets come in a tall. I spent the winter researching and finding the perfect jacket for my soon to arrive GSA. I ended up ordering the Carve Master from GP Bikes in a tall, being 6'4. The jacket is the best fitting jacket I've ever worn, the sleeves are perfect length, as is the torso. It was an extra $50 or so for the tall size.

There are only a few pants and jackets that come in a tall, and those that do are always the all black option - which worked out perfect for me since that's what I wanted anyways.

I went with the Carve Master because it will look good on the GSA and even the GSXR, being that it's a sport touring jacket. With your bike combo, it could be right for you as well. It's Gortex which is awesome, only drawback is that it'll be too warm for hot summer days, so you'd need something else as a backup.

Last edited:
I'm realizing my post above is completely irrelevant if you don't need a tall jacket. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. That's a good looking jacket. :cheers:

I actually picked up a new KLIM Badlands Pro for the GSA near the end of last season. Added some BMW Motorrad patches to and:

IMG_0853_zpsxf8tchjn.jpg

My problem unfortunately is girth not height....I am about 6ft but weigh 290LBS!

I am looking specifically for something which is leather and I can wear on my S1KRR. I picked up a Joe Rocket Sonic 11 from GP Bikes at the January show in a 2XL which fits fine but is in black and not at all visible at night. I also had a custom one made from a vendor on eBay, already got a shellacking about it's "Chinese look" but am really looking for something much better hence the Dainese made to measure...

BTW, when are you getting the GSA? It's such an awesome bike, you are REALLY going to love it.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Makes sense!

That Klim jacket is sweet - I tried one on at the January show but found the opposite problem, it was too wide for me.

I'll be picking up the GSA towards the end of the month. Looking forward to it!

Goodluck with you search, finding gear that fits right is a very frustrating and time consuming endeavour.

I'll be picking up the GSA towards the end of the month. Looking forward to it!

Awesome! Hope we can go riding together some time ...

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ride a sportbike too and probably the same body type as you. I got my one-piece made to order for about 1500 all in but if you are looking for just a jacket there are several places that do custom that are fairly reasonable. I think locally there is IM leather but you can also look at Pilot, Barnacle Bill and Vanson to name a few. Barnacle Bill made my suit and I love it but we had a shipping dispute so he prolly doesnt like me. But his work is top notch. I wear a leather jacket by Dainese as my daily street leather and its Red and Black with a lot of ducati on it but it fits me . I think it is a 64 size.

I ride a sportbike too and probably the same body type as you. I got my one-piece made to order for about 1500 all in but if you are looking for just a jacket there are several places that do custom that are fairly reasonable. I think locally there is IM leather but you can also look at Pilot, Barnacle Bill and Vanson to name a few. Barnacle Bill made my suit and I love it but we had a shipping dispute so he prolly doesnt like me. But his work is top notch. I wear a leather jacket by Dainese as my daily street leather and its Red and Black with a lot of ducati on it but it fits me . I think it is a 64 size.

Thanks a lot! IM leather's website is no longer working, I found a Facebook page and will try to contact them through that to see if they are still making motorcycle jackets.

$1500 is what the person @ Rider's Choice told me the custom made Dainese jackets are going for when I spoke to them but unfortunately, I was unable to make it in.

Where did you find the size 64 Dainese? What model is it?

Cheers!

Last edited:
$1500 is for the custom fitted jackets? Which model?

How much is it for the Suits?

Don't recall the model of the jacket, I was driving to work and called Rider's Plus to inquire about the event which they'd posted in one of the sub-forums here.

I am hoping that they have another event this year however, this time I hope it's earlier in the season and not mid October like last year as it would be nice to get a few rides in with the new jacket before I have to hang it up for next season.

Cheers!

Not to go offside but that dealership is friggin amazing! I was in awe when I was there in march

What makes them special? The volume of stock they carry?

How much is it for the Suits?

Just spoke with Matt @ Rider's Choice. He conformed that they are equipped and able to take my measurements and run through the custom jacket ordering process with me for a Dainese jacket! The model is Racing D1 but made to my exact size and customized to my preferences. The prices range from $1200 to $1500 depending on the level of customization. According to Matt there is about a 90-day turn around.

Cheers!

What makes them special? The volume of stock they carry?

Ever been in Brampton powersports? It's about 6 times that size. Theres another one in St Albert which is just on the nw side of Edmonton that's also equally that big. Their selection is like nothing I've ever seen in person.

Thanks a lot! IM leather's website is no longer working, I found a Facebook page and will try to contact them through that to see if they are still making motorcycle jackets.

$1500 is what the person @ Rider's Choice told me the custom made Dainese jackets are going for when I spoke to them but unfortunately, I was unable to make it in.

Where did you find the size 64 Dainese? What model is it?

Cheers!

Not sure if IM is around any more . But they did have reasonably priced leather for custom made stuff.

Back
Top Bottom