Hard break in vs Manufacturer recommended | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hard break in vs Manufacturer recommended

Exactly. I was watching the Kawasaki episode of twist of the throttle and the last step in the assembly line was to put it on the dyno and test it out.

A few seconds on a rolling road (not a dynamometer) where they're testing basic function and possibly emissions is not the same as a break-in.

Just sayin'.

Some people say to change the oil after the very first ride. I've never bought a bike new, but if I did id probably do an oil change after the first good ride, again at 300-500 and again at 1000kms. Why not, oil changes are cheap if you do them yourself. Get all that metal out of there early, why wait.

Source: something i heard on the internet

What kind of mercury is best to break in my engine? Should I follow the manufacturer's recommended mercury?
I usually use the mercury in old thermometers. And then I drink whatever is left over.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Soon enough with modern bikes you wont have a choice. For example the new BMW S1000RR comes electronically limited for break in which forces the rev limiter to 8K RPM.

interesting tidbit. ty.
I lean towards the harder break in, but not to the extreme... babying and babbling along is not the way to break in an engine.

EDIT hey 2016 flashback

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom