Floyd mayweather vs. Manny pacquiao | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Floyd mayweather vs. Manny pacquiao

A rather unspectacular bout. I snoozed off a couple of times.

Floyd never had a crowd-pleasing style. I knew this was likely to be a snoozer, but I'm still disappointed that he wouldn't engage more than that.

Oh wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jab, run, hug, jab, run, hug, jab, run, hug

Boxing has become boring...

I think the saying "Don't hate the player, hate the game" has never been more applicable.

Floyd is a technical marvel, best in the world. He's also clear proof that Boxing is not about bloodying your opponent or knocking them out, but to point-score your way to victory. I think a lot of people are spoiled by the brute-force of MMA and expect the same from boxing.

That being said, Boxing has indeed become quite boring to watch in comparison to other blood-sports out there.

I miss the Tyson KO era.

I think the saying "Don't hate the player, hate the game" has never been more applicable.

Boxing is not about bloodying your opponent or knocking them out, but to point-score your way to victory.

That being said, Boxing has indeed become quite boring to watch in comparison to other blood-sports out there.

Don't make sense...First you say its not about bloodying your opponent then you say its boring in comparison to other blood sports referring to it as a blood sport as well.

Then you say its not about knocking the other guy out, how is it not about knocking the other guy out?? The WHOLE point is to knock the guy the **** out when you're throwing bombs on his face, otherwise no fighter would waste his energy throwing power punches, where do you think the saying "Never leave it in the hands of the judges" came from, not Dana White I can tell you that for sure. It's the most decisive way to victory and the goal in a fight has always been to subdue the other guy using your fists and not leave him standing, why do think KO's/TKO's/decisions are recorded separately. Do you ever see decisions on a highlight reel?

I'm assuming you've never boxed before because I don't know any trainer that is NOT going to tell you to go in there and take the guy's ****in head off. The point system has been there for when fighters were so evenly matched that there wasn't always a decisive outcome, or when you have those tough sons a ******* that take a one sided pounding the whole fight but don't go down, it was never to change the goal of the fight from stopping the guy to throwing pitter patter punches and backpedaling.

Just because he's great at running and exploiting the system doing just enough to get by doesn't make him the best in the world. I don't know how you can call him that when he's backing up the whole time not wanting to engage or go toe to toe.

Last edited:
Not one single solid punch was landed. Floyd turtling up when Manny had him on the ropes. Manny should've tried throwing hooks to the temples instead of smacking the arms which resulted in nothing but tiring himself out. Floyd's grappling and headlocks were BS, he did it just enough to get away with it. Manny had more heart, Floyd played the numbers game and it worked in the end. The real losers were the people shelling out thousands for seats and pay per view subscribers. Worst value for dollar boxing match in history.

If anyone wants to wash the horrible taste out of their mouth....

[video=youtube;T_mnWXhS_es]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_mnWXhS_es[/video]

15 fights 15 knockouts in his first year as a pro.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to wash the horrible taste out of their mouth....15 fights 15 knockouts in his first year as a pro.

The hunger was real...

Guys like Floyd, all they're fighting for is the $$. At this point doing the **** he's doing he'll never it have the heart to lay it on the line like the real sluggers in the game.

This whole video is awesome, but even if you watch the first 3 minutes it shows what real fighters are, just listen to the crowd, it was never like that last night. Pacman had already beat Marquez twice and was whoopin his ***, he had more than enough rounds to sit back and take his time but pressed on with the fight. In the other corner Marquez was wounded but still fighting with the heart of lion not backing down and still throwing punches as best he could and ended up ko'ing Manny.

Point is, BOTH guys were still looking for the kill, one while he could just cruise to victory the other on the brink of being annihilated. I think we all know what Floyd would have done in either situation that's why I just can't consider him the BEST fighter and absolutely hate his style, both as a spectator and someone who is in sport.

[video=youtube;bJ9J52O1BrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9J52O1BrE[/video]

Last edited:
Lots of great fighters in that clip

Mayweather is an excellent boxer, but he's no fighter.

I don't really care who wins but if I had to decide I would like Manny only cuz Floyd is a woman beater. Just sayin'....Google it. You'll be in shock.
Floyd's dyslexic. He was supposed to hug his wife and hit his opponent

Back
Top Bottom