What's happening quebec? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's happening quebec?

I grew up there and went to UQAM, which is where the movement is originating. The school was always on strike back then too.

It's a bunch of working-class kids who, rightfully or not, believe that they are getting effed over by the system.

I think their methods are stupid - best way to change the system is to get your degree, get a job and then f*** s*** up from the inside - but it's hard to argue against their main motivation. Quebec is corrupt on a whole different level than what the ROC has experienced. The liberal govt's "austerity" measures are seen as a way to keep the social pyramid top-heavy, power- and dollar-wise.

(Students are also protesting against all further hydrocarbon exploration projects. I don't have a clear position on that.)

Last edited:
What can you say about a place where I'm not allowed to work, but they work wherever they like? It's a great province and I like that we have another culture influencing our national fabric. My daughter went to French imersion throughout her school years. But They sure are becoming a militant bunch. Look at how many they bussed in to Toronto for the G20 summit.

Hey at least they've got the balls to stand up for what they believe in, I'll give them credit for that, not like the rest of the pussies across Canada who just bend over and take it.

It's like the French...always protesting something! My buddy lives in France and can't stand the constant protests going on all the time.

I don't know what's going on here but when they had those big protests about their tuition it seemed fairly peaceful as we got caught up in that with my wife when we were walking through Montreal.

What can you say about a place where I'm not allowed to work, but they work wherever they like?

I know where you're coming from, but most of the kids going to UQAM will never leave the province. Too little exposure to English.

Most of my family does not speak a lick of English.

best way to change the system is to get your degree, get a job and then f*** s*** up from the inside

Investing in the system which you are trying to protest is most certainly not the way to go about overthrowing it. I believe that's called a trap.

What can you say about a place where I'm not allowed to work, but they work wherever they like?

What does that mean? Why can't you work in Quebec? I do agree that its rather odd that they sent in people to rage out in Ontario for the G20..

Investing in the system which you are trying to protest is most certainly not the way to go about overthrowing it. I believe that's called a trap.

Overthrowing is a little strong. Those students were perfectly happy while the center-left PQ was in power.

What does that mean? Why can't you work in Quebec?

Most QC employers will not consider a unilingual English candidate. The same is mostly true for unilingual French people trying to apply elsewhere, although broken English and perfect Québécois French will get you hired in the public sector.

I believe that's what he meant.

Last edited:
Most QC employers will not consider a unilingual English candidate. The same is mostly true for unilingual French people trying to apply elsewhere, although broken English and perfect Québécois French will get you hired in the public sector.

I believe that's what he meant.

I should have clarified that I'm in construction. You have to be a member of the Quebec union (the CCQ) to work there. And you can't join the CCQ if you are not from Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom