5 Crashes in one day | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

5 Crashes in one day

Am I just confused or are you seriously defending the duck hero?

Either way we are on the same team here. I'm against the "awareness for motorcycles" campaign since accidents with cars are mostly due to either rider error, or due to reasons that are not vehicle-specific. I would rather see 6months jail time for i.e cellphone use, or for other forms of distracted driving, or for breaking some of the most essential rules, all in order to eliminate the single digit IQ drivers or riders off the road.

ps. cruisers rely on rear-brakes mostly unlike sports bikes, so I don't understand what other brake the rider was supposed to use or how it is relevant info.
pps. one's beliefs and opinions in reality vs same person's rants on YouTube are completely 2 different things. Youtube is "view-driven". Viewers have to understand this before typing angry comments or coming to conclusions.

This scares me. I use both brakes on a cruiser, and the front more than rear. Hopefully, your bike is setup with interlocked brakes that engage the front for you.

If he rides that bike sensible I bet he never sees a ticket or gets hassled for handle bars too high

The cops are too busy laughing at the handlebars. Those are not apes, they're standard pullback bars angled up to look like apes to save a buck. The angle of the hands is ergonomically asinine when stood up like that.

This scares me. I use both brakes on a cruiser, and the front more than rear. Hopefully, your bike is setup with interlocked brakes that engage the front for you.

Agreed. I won't understand how a person can come to the rationalization that the rear brake gives more stopping power when you consider weight transfer. Even my over 800 lb cruiser has far more braking power on the front.

I was rusty. I must confess, when I picked up my bike from the shop last week, I caught myself steering the bike like a bicycle several times.

Hate to break it to you but the bicycle has the same physics for steering as a motorcycle. :)

ps. cruisers rely on rear-brakes mostly unlike sports bikes, so I don't understand what other brake the rider was supposed to use or how it is relevant info.

That's a common cruiser culture fear - the front brake. They all get told that using the front brake will cause them to stoppie into an endo into a crash. I have heard many "experienced" cruiser riders instructing new riders never to use the front brake unless it's an emergency.

That's a common cruiser culture fear - the front brake. They all get told that using the front brake will cause them to stoppie into an endo into a crash. I have heard many "experienced" cruiser riders instructing new riders never to use the front brake unless it's an emergency.

yeah, I heard some guy at work who rides (A cruiser) mention that he uses his back brake mainly.. strange..

My bad..... perhaps it would be more correct to say "there exists some cruisers that rely mostly on the rear brake" ?

My bad..... perhaps it would be more correct to say "there exists some cruisers that rely mostly on the rear brake" ?

One of my buddies took a sport bike out for a spin and when I saw him stopping I asked WTF? Why is your rear wheel skidding all the time?

Response: What do you mean? My brother always told me to use only the rear brake, that's how he always rode.

I shook my head....after he took the M1 course at Humber he learned a few things...

Back on topic....I've seen a bunch of bikes out in the last few weeks and it's great...but most of them are ripping up and down Lakeshore and in b/w cars on Queensway/QEW from what I saw. Even last night around 11pm at work I could hear a guy ripping it around Eglinton / Allen Road...

Conditions aren't right for me yet...I like a minimum of 3-5C overnight and I think we need a good solid rain still before I go riding to clean more of this garbage off.

cars turning left? sand in corners, cold tires, pine cones? how about SLOW THE F DOWN?
Lots of riders all over the country ride on cold tires on cold days, and gravel roads and sometimes when you see a car that you think you can clear if you goose it? let the other guy turn. With so many bike accidents being self inflicted , maybe not using all the hp could work out ok.

so little common sense these days

Exactly this. I didn't even need to switch my bike to B mode.. :rolleyes: I'm just putting around getting the feel of my clutch and shifting again after such a long pause..

Back
Top Bottom