5 Crashes in one day | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

5 Crashes in one day

Gear nazi's.Lol. I'm all for wearing the best gear i can afford.But i won't tell anyone else what to wear,or criticize their choice.the guy has prolly had a few tickets for his plate mount.I've seen more sportbikes with hidden plates and lousy brakelites.

The spokeman they chose in my opinion was fine, at least they got a guy that rides a bike to speak for a change. And he had the right answers, car drivers arent looking, pavement and tires are cold, pay attention.

If he rides that bike sensible I bet he never sees a ticket or gets hassled for handle bars too high, plate sideways, small lights. He's most likely insured and plated and causes no trouble.

For the guys that haven't seen a hand shifter, at one time British bikes had gears on the right foot and some had reversed levers. Some Early American bikes had a lever that put you in gear or out , one speed, two speeds trannys were cool. The Italians for a while shipped bikes with GP shifting 1 up/5down. Standard placement of controls mandated by govt has been in place for while for manufactures, but the custom guys still do some weird layouts.

he can wear what he wants, but drivers still need to be more aware. most motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers. just sayin

I would highly disagree with this.. there are so many single vehicle accidents on motorcycles, "just saying"

:lmao:

Last edited:
The police spokesman made a good point. The roads are cold and not cleaned off yet. As much as I have the itch, I'm in no hurry to get out there. We need some good rains and the street sweepers to make some passes first. Having an accident or a down is the last thing you want or need anytime. Hope all the riders are ok and i wish them a speedy recovery.

Agreed. I like my bike shiny, plus a crash at the very start of a season could mean you miss out on the first half or more of the time it is actually fun to ride. Plus, when you have waited the eternity that is winter in Ontario, what really is another 2-3 weeks in the long run.

when we are itching to get the bike out we go crazy,when we do get the bike out we do go crazy,be easy on the throttle guys and girls.

1. Half faced helmet
2. Illegal bike
3. Suicide shifter (gee...why did they get that name?)
4. No gloves
5. Bandana (Snell bandana?)
6. Ape hanger bars
7. Lung puncturing bar ends.
Complete F-ing idiot.
Then cue the smashed Gixxer. Mad Skillz yo.
It's too cold to ride a bike in April, because Canada..look up your tire's operating temperatures.

Last edited:
Cagers require no further awareness strictly for motorcycles, but require more non-distracted driving and religiously following some of the essential road rules, i.e not stopping on a live lane on a highway to save ducks.

You should read up the full court testimony on the Emma Czornobaj case. While she did do something really stupid, the bike rider also did not stop until he tried to wave at her first, then the used the rear brake and "layed 'er down".
If that were any other obstacle in the road, it would have had a very similar outcome.

It's very cultural to think that "cagers" are the problem, but 3/4 of fatal crashes are some fault of the rider, and an even larger number of non-injury crashes are 100% rider (those never get reported.)

Riders need to understand this before posting ranting videos on YouTube.

Emma Czornobaj is back on the road.

Thursday of last week it was around the freezing point here in Trenton. They had just put down some fresh slat and sand and yet on my drive to work at 6:30 am I saw a bike out..WTF. Then later that day my wife saw a bike go down and she called 911. The bike hit this sand/salt mixture and both tires slid out while trying to turn. The roads here in the Trenton Belleville area are a complete mess.

I have a buddy that runs a tow truck. So far in Kingston he recovered a few smashed up bikes (written off) 250, 600rr, etc with less than 500km on the OD.

All were rider fault/poor conditions. No other vehicles involved.

One guy ended up in a ambulance to hospital in rough shape due to his helmet only gear.

I saw a neighbor almost drop his victory bike on a patch of sand in front of his house last wednesday when it was 10 degrees.

I'm still in spring maintenance/buying gear mode. I can wait to ride vs donating skin/leather to the road.

Last edited:
cars turning left? sand in corners, cold tires, pine cones? how about SLOW THE F DOWN?
Lots of riders all over the country ride on cold tires on cold days, and gravel roads and sometimes when you see a car that you think you can clear if you goose it? let the other guy turn. With so many bike accidents being self inflicted , maybe not using all the hp could work out ok.

so little common sense these days

It's very cultural to think that "cagers" are the problem, but 3/4 of fatal crashes are some fault of the rider, and an even larger number of non-injury crashes are 100% rider (those never get reported.)

Blasphemer! Blasphemer! Everyone knows that its always the fault of the evil cagers! ;-)

he can wear what he wants, but drivers still need to be more aware. most motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers. just sayin

That's because all the times I crash my bike all on my own, I pick it up and ride home without reporting it. ;)

+1 Agreed. The one and only accident was 7 years ago when I was trying to be a motoGP racer... learned my lesson.

cars turning left? sand in corners, cold tires, pine cones? how about SLOW THE F DOWN?
Lots of riders all over the country ride on cold tires on cold days, and gravel roads and sometimes when you see a car that you think you can clear if you goose it? let the other guy turn. With so many bike accidents being self inflicted , maybe not using all the hp could work out ok.

Thank you. Yes, it's up to us. 99 times out of 100 there is something we did, or failed to do, that allowed the accident to happen.

I appreciate the public awareness bit. Hopefully it will be repeated over the season with less alarming statistics.

You should read up the full court testimony on the Emma Czornobaj case. While she did do something really stupid, the bike rider also did not stop until he tried to wave at her first, then the used the rear brake and "layed 'er down".
If that were any other obstacle in the road, it would have had a very similar outcome.

Riders need to understand this before posting ranting videos on YouTube.

Emma Czornobaj is back on the road.

Am I just confused or are you seriously defending the duck hero?

Either way we are on the same team here. I'm against the "awareness for motorcycles" campaign since accidents with cars are mostly due to either rider error, or due to reasons that are not vehicle-specific. I would rather see 6months jail time for i.e cellphone use, or for other forms of distracted driving, or for breaking some of the most essential rules, all in order to eliminate the single digit IQ drivers or riders off the road.

ps. cruisers rely on rear-brakes mostly unlike sports bikes, so I don't understand what other brake the rider was supposed to use or how it is relevant info.
pps. one's beliefs and opinions in reality vs same person's rants on YouTube are completely 2 different things. Youtube is "view-driven". Viewers have to understand this before typing angry comments or coming to conclusions.

Last edited:

OOOh the sand monsters are gonna get you......or maybe the dreaded cold tires....Or the salt monsters...... god forbid the cagers not expecting us out there.

I rode for the first time this past Saturday on new tires and manged to scrub most of the tire 1/2" chicken strip left riding on the usual roads down this way which were reasonably clean.

Like Crankcall suggests.... ride carefully...expect the unexpected...pay attention to the conditions that may change and ride accordingly to said conditions...also stay out of blind spots and off the gas and on the brakes approaching intersections and all will be ok I PROMISE.

May the motorcycle gods bless you all with a safe and fun year and get the hell out there. ;)

Last edited:
I was rusty. I must confess, when I picked up my bike from the shop last week, I caught myself steering the bike like a bicycle several times. I also felt a step behind in my situational awareness as I only paid attention to the vehicle ahead of me. This was despite practicing in side streets and empty parking lots for a several minutes. It took me a couple of more 30-min rides later on in the week to get back into riding shape.

Back
Top Bottom