The reason I sold my bike...lack of roads | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The reason I sold my bike...lack of roads

I usually go up north to quench my thirst. It nice and quiet, no moron drivers.
I rarely ride in city and if I do that would be a Sunday night or something.

While safety has always been a concern, one of the primary reasons for selling off my bikes is the lack of fun roads to drive. Sure forks of the credit is a good road, but its always a mission to get to. It seems like these days more and more bikers are just getting into it in order to cruise up and down yonge street in first gear hitting the limiter.

What are some of the roads you like to explore?

I still drive through rosedale valley road, bay view, and pottery road. But I rarely ever see bikes there.

The reason I lurk around the forum, is simply because I miss being connected to motorbikes.

In the past I have had a Ninja 250, Yamaha R6, and Ducati 848 Evo.
Hahaha.. Mate, get your butt out of the city. There's a few decent roads out east And North. Forks is so overrated. I think I last went there in 2010. But happy that it keeps the weekend warriors out of the way and the cops busy up that way.

Also take a weekend and ride away from the GTA... Ie. down to PA. Those roads are great. Funny, thing as I suspect, a lot of the SS crowd never seem to ride outside the GTA. Is it the lack of Timmie's?

Last edited:
Hahaha.. Mate, get your butt out of the city. There's a few decent roads out east And North. Forks is so overrated. I think I last went there in 2010. But happy that it keeps the weekend warriors out of the way and the cops busy up that way.

Also take a weekend and ride away from the GTA... Ie. down to PA. Those roads are great. Funny, thing as I suspect, a lot of the SS crowd never seem to ride outside the GTA. Is it the lack of Timmie's?

No one to see them pose

I don't mean to sound like a snob...but you bought 2 SS bikes and never took them to a race track?

Then you sold them?

What the ****?

油井緋色;2289187 said:
What the ****?

One of my friends who got into riding.. (or posing) simply did it because some girl he was dating thought it would be "sexy".. THAT was his motivation. I been asking that dude for years.. nope.. a girl and the idea is what convinced him. Some people do it for the "culture" of biking, and the lack of that in Toronto will drive them to be bored and get rid of the thing they thought would make them cool.. :confused:

One of my friends who got into riding.. (or posing) simply did it because some girl he was dating thought it would be "sexy".. THAT was his motivation. I been asking that dude for years.. nope.. a girl and the idea is what convinced him. Some people do it for the "culture" of biking, and the lack of that in Toronto will drive them to be bored and get rid of the thing they thought would make them cool.. :confused:

I started for an equally stupid reason: I thought Kamen Rider was really cool lol

Eventually logic should kick in and any operator of an SS will realize the things they ride are not meant to be ridden in traffic. There needs to be more room for error, a controlled environment, and a way to knee drag through a corner without worrying that some dickwad will cross the yellow or merge into you.

The OP does have a valid point though, our roads suck. These make me drool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjDwDzGGjI

油井緋色;2289224 said:
I started for an equally stupid reason: I thought Kamen Rider was really cool lol

The OP does have a valid point though, our roads suck. These make me drool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjDwDzGGjI

lol.. If I had to pick a manga with a bike it has to be Akira..

lego-akira-kaneda-bike-motorcycle-by-arvo-brothers-4.jpg

Agreed that the roads are not as fun (or mountainous), but there are fun roads you just have to drive for about 2 hours to get there.. I like to go north mainly..

I've been up north before. Not sure where I went but a saw a twisty sign with 44km written beneath it. Thought it was a joke...it wasn't!

....I've never seen Akira before =(

油井緋色;2289247 said:
Not sure where I went but a saw a twisty sign with 44km written beneath it. Thought it was a joke...it wasn't!

Anyone know where that would be? I don't know ON well.

油井緋色;2289187 said:
I don't mean to sound like a snob...but you bought 2 SS bikes and never took them to a race track?

Then you sold them?

What the ****?
How is that different from probably 95 percent of the people in this forum, or ontario, or canada?

How is that different from probably 95 percent of the people in this forum, or ontario, or canada?

Just because the vast majority of ppl do doesn't mean it's not retarded!

The best roads in Ontario are in Pennsylvania :lmao:

油井緋色;2289273 said:
Just because the vast majority of ppl do doesn't mean it's not retarded!
There are many reasons most people (IMO) get into sport Bikes:
- They are lonely and think riding is cool and want to become part of some group.
- They rode dirt when younger and want to ride again but don't want to get a cruiser, or touring bike or scooter
- Their friends have a motorcycle so they feel pressure to follow
- They are social outcasts and think a sport bike will automatically make them cool. Ha

This is the reason why there is an ice cream meet on Mondays, a burrito meet on Tuesday, a nacho and miscellaneous meet on Wednesday, posing fest at L&L and KC on Thrusdays etc.
Nothing wrong with it but riding for most people is social, not a passion. I have dated girls that have more passion for riding than 90% posers at any meet.

So None of these reasons have anything to do with getting a performance machine so they can get into track riding. Very few people do.

OP should consider Supermoto, or a cruiser, SS are no fun on the street....

There are many reasons most people (IMO) get into sport Bikes:
- They are lonely and think riding is cool and want to become part of some group.
- They rode dirt when younger and want to ride again but don't want to get a cruiser, or touring bike or scooter
- Their friends have a motorcycle so they feel pressure to follow
- They are social outcasts and think a sport bike will automatically make them cool. Ha

This is the reason why there is an ice cream meet on Mondays, a burrito meet on Tuesday, a nacho and miscellaneous meet on Wednesday, posing fest at L&L and KC on Thrusdays etc.
Nothing wrong with it but riding for most people is social, not a passion. I have dated girls that have more passion for riding than 90% posers at any meet.

So None of these reasons have anything to do with getting a performance machine so they can get into track riding. Very few people do.

I'll admit I didn't get an SS bike for track riding...and frankly I don't know anyone who has. And I also go to those meets =D lol

My point was, why would you sell the bike before attempting to ride it in an environment it was made for? That's as stupid as buying a gaming computer and selling it before try to run the most graphically intensive game at max settings.

Mind you, I'm aware this mindset is tied to being a min-maxer so what I'm saying may come across as retarded itself.

油井緋色;2289295 said:
so what I'm saying may come across as retarded itself.
Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Back
Top Bottom