Interested in Bike 1.5 hrs away. Transport ideas? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interested in Bike 1.5 hrs away. Transport ideas?

I rent a motorcycle trailer from UHaul at least twice a year. Tie down straps from CT and you are good to go. Even though your SUV has a trailer hitch, make sure you have the wiring. You'd think they come as one option but have seen otherwise.

I have an expedition with a trailer hitch on the back, that's all I need?
That, a 2" ball/receiver and some tie down straps and you're good to go! http://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/Motorcycle-Trailer-Rental/MT/

With my Chevy Trailblazer it requires an electrical adapter but most locations have the adapter to lend me.

Costs $15 for 24 hour rental.

uhaul.png

That quote is for fully insured transportation ? Enclosed or open?

from one zx7 owner to another, ill ride it home for ya for $120! :)

If you are going to trailer it yourself check out some videos on youtube for proper tie down technique.

ive got a pickup truck, ramps and tomorrow off work.
if you are serious $200 and you help load and unload and strap in the bike.
ill be burning close to $70 in fuel so im really not looking for much.

or...

cover the fuel then clean my garage when we get back... thats what my plans are for tomorrow....and its a full days job

I live in Etobicoke and will gladly ride it back here for free. You insure it and get it plated and I'm good to go.

And the next two weeks I work afternoon shift so I can do it basically most days of the week. Just try and have +5C temps.

ive got a pickup truck, ramps and tomorrow off work.
if you are serious $200 and you help load and unload and strap in the bike.
ill be burning close to $70 in fuel so im really not looking for much.

or...

cover the fuel then clean my garage when we get back... thats what my plans are for tomorrow....and its a full days job
thats a good deal imo.

Hope your elbow gets better soon :)

Imma be getting mine in about a week and a half from Barrie. Depending on when it happens, might take the Go train up with my gear, and then ride down. Go bus seems like a tedious 2.5-hour process... Or maybe ill make the wifey drive for this one rare time

I'm available as well, with a car and trailer, for $175.

7aadfb3c236596ed98356318cd65c149.jpg

Retired, so available any day.

Last edited:
thats a good deal imo.

garage is cleaned now. but will bargain for a full detailing on my truck. its really not dirty...it hasnt even been on the road a year yet but i want it hand washed waxed and interior cleaned.

Back
Top Bottom