Stolen during track day | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen during track day

Xrayhonda

Going to be doing my first track day this year, has anyone ever had anything stolen during their track day?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

lol...you'll be ok. You'll find track riders consist of an even smaller and close knit community, no ones going to steal your ****. The most I've had taken from under our tents were water bottles because they were dying after their session and I was repaid in beer at the end of the night.

You may have some snakes hanging around if its just some random open track day so just judge your surroundings. Every time I've been its been with friends or I knew the organizers and I keep what's not in my car by the pits.

Last edited:
However, there are visitors to the track and during a race weekend people have had their stuff stolen.

Generators should be chained over night and tools put away in a safe place, spare wheels and parts etc also.

Track days is different since you are not there overnight mostly, but still be aware and use your judgement

In my personal experience it's normally the shady spectators who seem to make things walk. As a general rule of thumb do the usual and don't make things inviting and you shouldn't have an issue.

Get to know the people you put near or with.
generally everyone looks out for each other's stuff.
the only thing that I'm aware that was stolen was a high end yamaha generator at tmp one year.

lock up the honda genny... everything else... well other people bring nicer stuff than I do, so I haven't had an issue. TMP sometimes has a lot of traffic walking around (esp. if drags are on), the other tracks are a little quieter. Very easy to walk off with a genny, since they are everywhere and many look the same.

Never had an issue but I've never stayed overnight. I've seen a few shady looking riders at trackdays though and one even dumped his bike coolant on the ground ;)

Side but related topic: I live a number of hours from some tracks, so thinking of getting a motel/air B&B the night before nearby. What's the best place to keep the trailer/motorcycle with you for the night before?

Never had an issue but I've never stayed overnight. I've seen a few shady looking riders at trackdays though and one even dumped his bike coolant on the ground ;)

having gone down on coolant and breaking my wrist which still isn't 100% yet 7 months later I know just how horrible that **** can be. If I saw a guy do that I'd smack him then make him clean it up.

having gone down on coolant and breaking my wrist which still isn't 100% yet 7 months later I know just how horrible that **** can be. If I saw a guy do that I'd smack him then make him clean it up.
Although there is a good chance it wasn't "coolant" he was referring to. Not a debate, just a thought.

Although there is a good chance it wasn't "coolant" he was referring to. Not a debate, just a thought.
Old thread where some dick at a track day didn't drain coolant so after failing tech just opened water pump drain plug and let it run out onto the ground in the pit

Not really theft but had a guy at a track day who crashed and since I had spare parts for his bike he asked if he could buy the spares from me.

We fixed on a price but since he didn't have tools I installed them all for him.

Afterwards he felt a need to tell me I wanted too much for the parts and proceeded to try and negotiate a better price.

Back
Top Bottom