Hi from Toronto/midtown - new to GTA, new to this forum | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi from Toronto/midtown - new to GTA, new to this forum

GregLi

Hi everybody!

I moved to Canada from Europe in November 2014. Still have to get my M2 / full M, added my motorcycle driving experience (since 2009) to my driving record and will take some local motorcycle training course soon to get acquainted with local riding habits.

Back in 2009 my first bike was Honda CBF600, then in 2011 I discovered Triumphs and bought Thunderbird Storm as well as added Tiger 800xc to my garage in 2013.

A friend of mine is also considering getting on a bike so recommendations for some good motorcycle gear shops are welcomed!:)

i'm not a native speaker (I'm Ukrainian) so pardon my accent if any;)

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

welcome to the area. If the MTO will qualify your previous experience you are off to a great start. Starting with 0 experience is extremely pricey route. Since you're new to Ontario, as you'll find out, insurance really determines what you'll be able to ride (afford). Before you buy anything, have a quote. Given they will give you >5 years of experience, TD, Statefarm and Allstate may be your best bet. It's going to take some leg work.

Many people buy gear at the winter (january) international motorcycle show. Here and there you can get a good deal. The nice part about the show it's all of the vendors in one place. Outside of that, GP bikes has a reasonable selection of items, but you need to know your prices. Some things are a decent deal, other items, not so much. Racer5 can also have some solid deals on a smaller selection of items and they run a service shop as well. Fawaz who runs the business is a solid guy.

Hi everybody!

I moved to Canada from Europe in November 2014. Still have to get my M2 / full M, added my motorcycle driving experience (since 2009) to my driving record and will take some local motorcycle training course soon to get acquainted with local riding habits.

Back in 2009 my first bike was Honda CBF600, then in 2011 I discovered Triumphs and bought Thunderbird Storm as well as added Tiger 800xc to my garage in 2013.

A friend of mine is also considering getting on a bike so recommendations for some good motorcycle gear shops are welcomed!:)

i'm not a native speaker (I'm Ukrainian) so pardon my accent if any;)

welcome to the area. If the MTO will qualify your previous experience you are off to a great start. ...

Smergy, thanks for the comments, really helpful!

At the time I was at MTO office in November 2014 applying for my G2/full G they told me they've added both my car and motorcycle driving experience from Ukraine to my local driving record. At least I was able to get full G right after G2 without wait time. Car insurance was also decent price for me ($280 / month for 2015 BMW X5 which is around $80K MSRP).

I will be looking for a cruiser (Triumph Thunderbird Storm 2015), though its displacement is 1700 cm, have to check with insurance what rates they are going to offer.

Back
Top Bottom