Who wants to do Old Nipissing Road? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who wants to do Old Nipissing Road?

Water levels on the park to park trail depend on time of season, rainfall. I've seen it dry end to end, also seen one hole swallow my drz... If I'd be willing to do it on a versys, a klr will do fine. It's also an old rail bed so there aren't any really gnarly sections.

I would be interested in this ride. Is there a firm date yet? I was going to do this ride this spring so glad to see someone is planning. From what I have read the Northern portion of the road fissels out into a wet single track and can get quite deep. There are some bipasses which are roads. I think there is a campground near the end of the road.i think it was on YouTube I watched some trail rides on the Rd. Hope the date works out.

RR

May 9 should be good for me - it's the day before Mothers Day so I might have to be home early - like 6ish.

I'm going up that way the weekend before, but for a street ride with Stroms, so if I can scout it out, I will let you know what the road condition is like. It should be good.

Last edited:
That would be awesome Shane. If conditions are crappy, we'll move it to the 16th.

It will be around 2.5h to get there, probably 3-4h on the trail, around 3h to get back plus breaks and gas. I don't intend to do any sit down dinners, just MacDonalds or Timmies.
I would estimate this to be an 11-12 hour ride.

That would be awesome Shane. If conditions are crappy, we'll move it to the 16th.

It will be around 2.5h to get there, probably 3-4h on the trail, around 3h to get back plus breaks and gas. I don't intend to do any sit down dinners, just MacDonalds or Timmies.
I would estimate this to be an 11-12 hour ride.

Thank god I ordered my new seat and windscreen... Otherwise I would be a goner :p

KTM 690 Stock Seat - Unknown 2x4 Torture Device

Yeah, my KLR came with a Sargent for which I was grateful. Stock seats on almost any bike are made by the Devil himself.

Overall, I would advise anyone who hasn't been on a longer ride to stay away from this one. Or do a half day one first at least to see if you can handle saddle time. This will be not for beginners.

I emailed my friend who has a place off Nipissing Rd and he said he will do a scouting run for us before we would go. I also asked him to suggest some other roads that he thinks would be good for this group based on road conditions and time of year. I know I'll be packing my lunch/snacks and can store stuff for other people in my top case if needed.

A cool place to check out would be the Screaming Heads off Midlothian Rd where the Harvest Festival is. http://almaguin.on.ca/screaming-heads-midlothian-castle-gallery

Tell him we're coming with big pig bikes Shane.

Start will be early, even though I will hate it and may even be angry for first few hours. ;)

I'll do 2 quick meetups depending on the amount of volunteers and where they are coming from. One in GTA and one closer to destination.

We are in business boys.

A good meeting spot is the Shell-Tim Hurtons complex on Innisfill Rd just east of HWY 400. Will need an early start.

That works for me, I'm in the Barrie area.

I told him it was a bunch of noobs on street tires. He did say that the Nipissing Rd stretch north of the 124 can be really messy early in the season. Said he got his CRV stuck in there and there are shoulders that look flat and nice, but are pure muck. South of the 124 there are some other roads in the area that might also be good for this type of ride, like Orange Valley Rd, Broadbent Rd, Ahmic Lake Rd and more

Depending on the weather, I might pack my tent and sleeping bag (or at least a change of clothes and a credit card for a hotel) in case I feel like staying up there Saturday night and exploring more on Sunday. If anyone else has no plans that weekend, you are welcome to make a longer trip of it...

Shane, if your buddy is offering lawn space for tents, I might be interested if it is not a hassle for him.

Back
Top Bottom