Can anyone ID this bike please? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can anyone ID this bike please?

I was browsing kijiji and saw this, it seems a bit off. Sketchy, even. Doesn't even look like an FZ250 from that year.

A simple search on the web shows is what it is, not sketchy. Cool that a 250 can be had in an in-line 4. Pistons are probably the size of toonies.

My concern would be parts ...

Last edited:
I've found my mistake - there are 2 different styles of it. When I looked it up earlier, it showed the raised rear with a taillight - must be the "R" model that he's selling.

Now I've got to search out parts and see if it would be worth it for me to get into this thing - looks like it needs a lot of work, at least cosmetically.

Last edited:
OP, is this bike you actually will depend on, be the only bike you have, be your first bike etc.? If answer is yes to any of those, my advice would be look elsewhere for any of the modern 250cc singles or parallel twins.

You can still get a lot of the parts, but not all of them and some on that list are critical. I have FZR250 1991 model and it's been fun, but by no means no trouble free. These are ideal 2nd or 3rd bikes, especially if you enjoy working on bikes.

Well honestly, it'd be the 2nd bike I'd have bought - It wouldn't be something I'd be putting on the road right away. I'm going off to college in a few months and am looking for a project of sorts for myself, or bikes to flip in general - I was looking for any 2 stroke sportbikes but I couldn't find any, and then this thing popped up. I've got a tiny bit of experience with engine work, and a decent amount of experience with detailing, so realistically the cosmetics wouldn't be an issue - I've been known to fabricate some minor parts that I couldn't find anywhere else. I'm just not sure if it's worth it, especially at that price point and needing what looks like one of everything.

Well honestly, it'd be the 2nd bike I'd have bought - It wouldn't be something I'd be putting on the road right away. I'm going off to college in a few months and am looking for a project of sorts for myself, or bikes to flip in general - I was looking for any 2 stroke sportbikes but I couldn't find any, and then this thing popped up. I've got a tiny bit of experience with engine work, and a decent amount of experience with detailing, so realistically the cosmetics wouldn't be an issue - I've been known to fabricate some minor parts that I couldn't find anywhere else. I'm just not sure if it's worth it, especially at that price point and needing what looks like one of everything.
He means 2nd or 3rd bike as in you need something else to ride while that one's being fixed/waiting for parts etc

Actually doesn't look too bad to me... getting the seat recovered wouldn't be hard. That turn signal housing might be hard to find, but in this day and age maybe you could solve the problem with 3D printing, since it's plastic and not a moving/structural part

I've done upholstery jobs myself, so that's not an issue - it's just that any damage to the fairings would be brutal, as I'd want the true fairings, not aftermarket, and so I'd have to ship them over. The more I think about this thing, the more I think I may have to pass it up. I'll have to give it a week or two, see if it's still up, and then shoot him a low offer - worse comes to worst I guess I could just track it.

You should be concerned with the state of the engine, carbs, coils, brakes etc. ... forget seat.

You should be concerned with the state of the engine, carbs, coils, brakes etc. ... forget seat.

this is my concern...

iam saleing my motorcycle its yamaha fazer 250 cc 1986
low km 28000 onny black and red yellow colore veari fast bike
ninja styel high speed 180 km per hars 4 cyclander coolant engen
sale asis $1100 but no need for safty pleac call

this is my concern...

iam saleing my motorcycle its yamaha fazer 250 cc 1986
low km 28000 onny black and red yellow colore veari fast bike
ninja styel high speed 180 km per hars 4 cyclander coolant engen
sale asis $1100 but no need for safty pleac call

almost looks like the ad was put through an "ebonic" translator

"Yo ah be selling muh motha ****in motorcycle. its uh yamaha fazer 250 cc 1986 low km 28000 Only. black an' red yellow colour, yery fast bike ninja style, high speed 180 km per has 4 cyinder, coolant engine. sale as iz $1100 but nahh need fo' safty please page what 'chew thinkin' man?"

Anyway, if someone can't type an ad properly, do you think they looked after the bike ok?

Don't judge so hastily. You must take into consideration that English may not be the first language.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

I paid significantly less for my FJ, and it was in better condition than that.

Looks like a fun thing to work on though. It must scream @ 14.5k RPM.

Don't judge so hastily. You must take into consideration that English may not be the first language.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

I'm thinking English isn't the 2nd or even the third language either. :D

I always default to a worldwide search on eBay. Still very little for that bike.

(A lot of FJ parts I found through UK eBay sellers, including a brand new aftermarket belly pan.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom