For the love of wings! | GTAMotorcycle.com

For the love of wings!

Crackberry

Site Supporter
I love chicken wings, the hotter the better... My favourite wings by far have been the ones found at Turtle Jacks (TJs). I started going to the original restaurant on Courtney park drive in Brampton in the late 90s. Mondays is 1/2 price wings and a group of us would head over there religiously to chow down on the wings. My favourite wings are their roasters and flavours are hotter-than-hot and five alarm. Which, for TJs aficionados, I order dusted and on the barbie. Over the years, I have had numerous conversations with other chicken wing lovers about where, in the GTA, one can find the best wings? My staple place has always been TJs while others have extolled the wings found at other establishments. Based these recommendations, I have tried the wings at many other establishments but have always found myself going back to TJs. As luck would have it, TJs started expanded to many locations which can be found all over the GTA.

Fast forward several years and I think I have found a TJs replacement.

My friends and I came upon a place in Brantford, Ontario called Wingmaster. This place has over 200+ sauces to pick from and for those who, like myself, enjoy hot wings this place has what I believe to be the Holy Grail of hot wings called Blackenstein! These things are lethal, you can smell the extremely spicy sauce permeating through the styrofoam container they are served in, then you bite into them and all of a sudden you are hit with a mouth burning, painful sensation which only gets worse the more you chew. Within seconds of taking the first few bites sweat starts pouring out of every pore of your skin, your eyes tear up and your nose starts dripping. All-in-all it is a uniquely painful experience but in a strange way a very enlightening one as you learn just how much pain the human body can take....By the way, the most Blackenstein wings I have ever been able to eat in one sitting are three.

So I am sharing this experience with the GTAM community to see if others like myself share my passion for Chicken Wings. What are your favourite eating establishments for chicken wings? For those who like hot wings, where have you eaten the hottest wings?

Here are a couple of pictures from today's ride to Wingmaster:

IMG_1370_zpsmowqqbgr.jpg

Blackenstein wings:

IMG_1372_zps5litechw.jpg

Last edited:
There was a place downtown that I used to like but not after the management changed, not even going to name it. I have relatives in Brantford so will keep this in mind

Wacky Wings in Mississauga has amazing wings with AYCE on Wednesdays :)

Wingporium, its a sports bar with all wings on the menu. In Etobicoke north of queensway on islington, its pricey but they even have a hall of fame for their hottest wing eating champions!

Memphis/Big Bone wings.

Also allstars has some pretty hot wings. Tried their third hottest wings and they were painful. My friend tried one and she started crying. I ordered 3 glasses of milk. The morning after wasn't fun either...

I love painfully hot things but when it comes to wings I'm starting to learn that moderately hot is better because A) wings are served super hot to begin with so spicy food only amplifies that and B) I want to eat my wings not be in pain all the time. Again, I LOVE the hottest stuff but recently I've been erring on the moderately hot stuff.

Worst wings goes to Buffalo wild wing hands down. Tried their hottest wings there and they were small and not hot at all.

Last edited:
I have tried TJ wings meh...Imo the best wings around has to be THE HOUSE OF WINGS in oakville.The wings are huge and they also have 75 flavours from mild to ridiculously hot. They get my bussiness weekly and in the summer we meet there before our "every friday ride". It also doesnt hurt to have some eye candy while chomping on your wings.

http://houseofwingsrestaurants.com/wings.htm

Firehall in Bronte has decent wings, they sale price them Tues/Wed eve I think. My go to is Ivy Arms in downtown Milton, horrible looking pub but the wings are huge .50 ea. on Wednesdays, hard to get a seat, better in patio season.

I eat hot but I`m past atomic hot, if you can only get a couple down are you really enjoying them.

Wingporium, its a sports bar with all wings on the menu. In Etobicoke north of queensway on islington, its pricey but they even have a hall of fame for their hottest wing eating champions!
There's one in mississauga port credit. I agree they are
Good wings.

I also enjoy st Louis bar and grill

The Ivy pub in Milton has probably the best wings ever .. Amazing and they're huge .. Also Allstars in Vaughan Ceasar does texas is 9000 colories of the best thing that will ever fit in your mouth.... ever...

Hate huge wings. Once you bite through the sauce you're just eating plain chicken meat. Bleh.

I love wings! There was a small pub in my town where a group of us were regulars on wing night. We got to know the owner who would deep fry the wings a second time after the sauce was added. (Normally not done because it messes up the fryer oil.) We would arrive and order 100 hot/suicide wings to start. This was >20 years ago and they were 15 cents each on Thursday wing night.

Don't go out like that anymore, and mainly satisfy my wing lust at home with Piny's brand wings baked in the oven and spiced up with additional heat from homemade habinaro sauce. On my last monthly poker night, buddy showed up with wings he had seasoned, marinated, and smoked, before baking and adding sauce made from scorpion or ghost? Peppers he grew. Best I've ever eaten.

Last edited:
The wings in Buffalo at the Anchor Bar are ok.But the atmosphere of the place and the group ride down there more than makes up for it.Any time and food shared with good friends is always great.
I like to deep fry mine,toss em in my sauce and then bbq em.A bit more work,but worth it.

Last edited:
They must be breeding special little Arnold Swarzenegger chickens to get the giant wings, no normal bird looks like that.

Thanks for the input....your responses are exactly the type of information I was hoping for. While my initial post only mentioned TJs and Wingmaster I have also been to many of the above-mentioned places such as; the Pump, Firehall, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wingporium (my clients used to own that Plaza so I would be there quite a lot) and St. Louis. I chose to focus on TJs and Wingmaster because, IMO, I have found TJs to have the best all around wing, their roasters have the right amount of meat on the bone and they are not overly crispy and Wingmaster because of their painfully hot Blackenstein and the fact that the have 200+ flavours for me to choose from which is going to take a lot more visits to get through. Which reminds me, SunnY s and Boots I have tried Buffalo Wild Wings' hottest wings, they were hot but didn't come close to the Balckensteins so if either of you are willing and able, I would be pleased to ride with you to Brantford for a sampling of Blackensteins!

Riding season is just beginning and while I love to ride for the sheer pleasure of riding itself, I will now be adding a stop over at one of the above mentioned establishments that I have yet to visit for a sampling of their wings. Perhaps others would like to join on a weekly or bi-weekly ride which would include a stop for wings?

Please keep the recommendations coming....

Cheers!

Last edited:
I would love to try blackensteins wings

If you are in Vaughan Boots that's a long ride for you....let me know when you are heading over this way and we can plan something. Perhaps others would like to join us?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Crackberry-- original Turtle Jack's was not on Courtney Park, but on County Court & Hurontario. Took over location from a host of failed restaurants. Then they added their take out wings "Buffalo Bobs". This was the best place for wings in the 90s hands down, and a major contributor to my substantial girth. When they sold to Cara foods (I think), everything went downhill.
Buffalo Wild Wings? Uh, next.

Boots-- I personally never group Memphis & Big Bone together, only because the guys on PVD made it what it is, and the people that owned the name capitalized on it. Great ribs and pulled pork, the wings I like as an add on, not so much stand alone.
AllStars does have good wings.
I always enjoy the wings at Moose N Firkin Vaughan.

Back
Top Bottom