2015 Demo Days | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Demo Days

Oakville Yamaha is Saturday, May 9 this year. Last year the supersports required at least an M2 and proper gear, if I recall only one person got turned away for gear.

Are there any trackday demo rides aside from Kawi?

I wish they'd increase the entry requirements for trackday demos and collaborate something between our track schools.

I rode the SS bikes with an M2 at a ton of demo rides. Honda guys let me take the 1000RR out on the 401 by myself in between demo rides a few years back. They can tell who can and who can't ride. It all comes down to judgment on their part. If you show up on an SS, with full gear and can really ride, your M1 or M2 won't stop them from letting you ride a SS.

I usually do a few demo days during the summer and it's a nice little social outing and you get to try new machines.

The MV demo day at Royal last year required full M licence, and proof of insurance for whatever bike you have...no exceptions. And this was for all the bikes they had there (F4, F3 800, Dragster, and Brutale if memory serves).

Although I cannot find any info on the Honda site, Larry's Small Engines in Orangeville has a FB posting that they will be hosting the Honda Come Ride With Us event on May 24th. They advise that rides will happen between 10 am and 4 pm and are on a first come first ride basis.

From their FB site here's a list of the Honda Motorcycles available to ride at the Honda Come Ride With Us:
GL1800 - SE
GL1800 - VALK
GL1800 - BAGGER
CTX1300
VFR800RR
CBR650R
CBR600RR
CBR500RR
CBR300RR - SE
500F
300F
NC750X
CBS500X
CTX700N

That's just sad. All those bikes and none of them interest me.
Bikes I'd like to test:
Ktm 1190/1290
Ktm 690 exc or duke
Strom 650 and 1000
Versys 1000
Tenere 1200
Fz/fj 09
Multistrada
F800gs
Tiger 800xc
That'll do for now :D

The Honda site still does not have the dates listed. However, they have a Ride Guide 2015 magazine, which has all the dates for the "Come Ride With Us" event Canada-wide. Since a working link can't be provided, here is a list of Ontario dates taken from the booklet.

Contact the dealer just to be sure the event has not been cancelled or rescheduled.

Come Ride With Us – Ontario Dates, Dealers and Locations
* Powerhouse Dealers

April 25 Hully Gully: London

May 2 Markham Outdoor Power: Markham
May 9 Brampton Powersports: Brampton
May 13 Clair’s Cycle & Sports: Fenwick
May 15 Burlington Cycle: Burlington
May 16 *Clarington Honda: Bowmanville
May 21 Strugess Cycle: Hamilton
May 22 Orillia Motorsports: Orillia
May 23 KW Honda: Waterloo
May 24 Larry’s Small Engines: Orangeville
May 28 *Team Honda Powerhouse Milton: Milton
May 29 Ready Honda: Mississauga
May 30 Lindsay Cycle: Lindsay

June 5 *Dewildt Honda: Hamilton
June 6 *Barrie Honda: Barrie
June 7 Pete’s Sales and Service: Pembroke
June 10 Hully Gully: London
June 12 MotorSports Plus: Kingston
June 13 West City Powersports: Belleville
June 18 North Bay Cycle & Sports: North Bay
June 20 Northstar Recreation: Sudbury
June 23 Great Lakes Honda: Sault Ste. Marie

July 2 Irwin Supply: Cornwall
July 3 Powersports Canada: Ottawa
July 4 *Kanata Honda: Kanata
July 9 Loiselle Sports: Embrun
July 11 *Brockville Honda: Brockville
July 25 *Team Honda Powerhouse: Milton

Aug 15 CSBK Race Event: Bowmanville
Aug 22 Great Lakes Honda: Sault Ste. Marie

Sept 12 Hully Gully: London
Sept 19 Great Lakes Honda: Sault Ste. Marie

The MV demo day at Royal last year required full M licence, and proof of insurance for whatever bike you have...no exceptions. And this was for all the bikes they had there (F4, F3 800, Dragster, and Brutale if memory serves).

Don't forget age 28+

Bikes I'd like to test:
Ktm 1190/1290
Ktm 690 exc or duke
Strom 650 and 1000
Versys 1000
Tenere 1200
Fz/fj 09
Multistrada
F800gs
Tiger 800xc

I tried to Demo a FZ09 last year with Yamaha, twice I booked the bike and twice the demo was cancelled because the bike broke down.

Has Yamaha had the WR250R at any previous year's events?

FYI ladies and gents, I'm pretty sure the Ducati test ride dates are old. If you look at the URL it says 2013 on it and I didn't go over it character for character, word for word but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same URL as the one in the 2K14 thread for test ride/demos.

Do you need your full m for these? Or do you need to be a certain age or any requirements?

I think Kawasaki is usually M-only. Other makes M2 is normally OK, though expect to need an M for the fast bikes.

If you intend to demo ride bikes at Ride for Sight get there early Friday. The rides are at a much quicker pace on Friday when there are fewer riders and fewer cars around. We did about 5 demos last year on Friday and most were well above the speed limit.
The leader for one brisk ride asked how I was likeing the pace while we waited at a stop sign. My response was "best sick day ever". He even said that nobody was going to get a ride like that on Saturday.

FYI ladies and gents, I'm pretty sure the Ducati test ride dates are old. If you look at the URL it says 2013 on it and I didn't go over it character for character, word for word but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same URL as the one in the 2K14 thread for test ride/demos.

Ducati took names and addresses at the bike show, and will be sending out eflyers on demo days for models. I think they are having days just for the scrambler.

Ducati took names and addresses at the bike show, and will be sending out eflyers on demo days for models. I think they are having days just for the scrambler.
Shoot! I didn't even stop to talk to them, if someone can pass on info on a demo day when they get the eflyer,even if I have to reach out to them because its on an appointment basis.

Bikes I'd like to test:
Ktm 1190/1290
Ktm 690 exc or duke
Strom 650 and 1000
Versys 1000
Tenere 1200
Fz/fj 09
Multistrada
F800gs
Tiger 800xc

Out of the Suzuki and Yamamamamamaha first rides, I'm interested in trying out
YAMAHA
R3.... out of curiosity
R6... vroom... thats all
FZ09... 3 cylinder fun?
FZ07... crossplane p2... I wonder if its actually smooth

SUZUKI
GSX-R750… maybe 600... 150hp is a lot coming from a Ninja 500

GSX-S750A... looks great but city life isnt the best for it.
Gladius.. possible next bike
Sv650..possible next bike
DRZ400SM..possible next bike

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom