2015 Demo Days | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Demo Days

Hi Decimis. I currently ride a bmw k1600 gtl,it's a potent machine,and just too easy to get into trouble with LLEO. I took out the cross country tour and the vision as I liked a fixed fairing. The xcountry was in my opinion much more comfortable and powerful than the new roadglide I demo'd a month ago. The vision seemed different and even more relaxing, but wind management varies greatly between the two. I was very impressed with the bikes. The other thing is that if the dealer is an A-hole or too far away you'll regret the purchase. They have a gunner on demo and SS also has one and a magnum for their own demo,so you have a second chance to take it on a longer tour.

Definitely try the Indian demo next Saturday..... Excellent cruiser
[h=3]
INDIAN MOTORCYCLE OF OAKVILLE
[/h]Demo Truck June 19 - June 20
BURLINGTON, ON

I'm going to go check this out, it's the only Ontario Demo Day and I'll already be in Oakville trying out Zero Motorcycles Electric Motorcycles

Is there a demo day for Zero as well?
No, you have to schedule it with Zero Motorcycles or Oakville Yamaha directly possibly. Zero will connect you but you have to speak to them at Oakville Yamaha to finalize things as they've apparently had a lot of no shows on their pre-registered appointments.

[h=3]
INDIAN MOTORCYCLE OF OAKVILLE
[/h]Demo Truck June 19 - June 20
BURLINGTON, ON

I'm going to go check this out, it's the only Ontario Demo Day and I'll already be in Oakville trying out Zero Motorcycles Electric Motorcycles
Peak powersports has a new location

1174 south service rd in Oakville

The zero bike is excellent

Anyone know if the Harley live wire is available to test ride

Peak powersports has a new location

1174 south service rd in Oakville

Anyone know if the Harley live wire is available to test ride

wasn't the Live wire more a proof of concept? I don't think they are out or even have demo rides.. Unless you get ahold of the live wire tour.

I'm curious why the Zeros aren't bigger sellers - is it the price or fears about the range that keeps people away?

I sat on the Livewire at the bike show, thing was noisy and vibrated a lot (like a Harley). I don't get the appeal.

Last edited:
Just got myself booked for 2 rides at the Ducati tour in Cambridge happening this Friday; one on the Monster and then on the Panigale. So stoked! I got to test the Multistrada back at the Maranello event in May (and actually LOVED that bike, seriously thinking she's going to be the future wifey), but these are the 2 bikes I originally wanted to try but they were all booked up then. Of course, they were also all booked up on Saturday when I was planning on going, but since they are available on Friday I booked the time off work for it. Can't wait, and maybe I'll see some of you guys out there.

I'm curious why the Zeros aren't bigger sellers - is it the price or fears about the range that keeps people away?

I sat on the Livewire at the bike show, thing was noisy and vibrated a lot (like a Harley). I don't get the appeal.

Both. Cost and range are a huge factor for me. I've ridden the zero "dual sport", it's fun, wheelies easily, and costs an arm and a leg for the range it has. Ymmv

BMW Toronto really turned around how I feel about them, I went this past weekend and ended up riding the S1000RR, and got a pretty great lunch. Saw a few guys from the Ducati Maranello Demo, and one from Suzuki BPS who apparently actually lives nearby. I had a pretty good time at the Demo with them. There route was awesome. Best most practical route I've been on so far for my type of more typical riding. I was on the 9AM ride so we hit basically no traffic and had clear sailing and a pretty good pace the entire time. There will be another BMW Demo in August at Mosport apparently. I couldn't register because they haven't officially announced the date. I'll keep my ears open, but unless its time I've already got off and I'm already out of the city for the week I doubt I'll go But I'll post anything I hear.

Absolutely love the multistrada... But cannot justify the cost

You need to approach Ducati ownership with eyes wide open. Many of them end up for sale after a few years after people realize how pricey the required maintenance is, but since Audi took over, service intervals on the new models have somehow gotten much longer.

And yet there's those mythical people who buy a duc and keep it. I know several people who have them and not one who's ever sold it due to some unbelievable service costs. Where do you come up with this stuff? Smh

20150621_091740.jpg

And yet there's those mythical people who buy a duc and keep it. I know several people who have them and not one who's ever sold it due to some unbelievable service costs. Where do you come up with this stuff? Smh

I was looking at buying an S2R and in three months, I didn't find a single one that had been maintained properly, and 8/8 had less that 10,000 kms on them. So people keep them a long time, but many sell them and don't really ride them.
I guess I'm making it up that a $80 Renault Clio Gates belt is $270 from Ducati, and then another $150-200 in labor.

Apparently the new bikes have much longer service intervals, but every single person selling mentioned the service costs.
Which is ok, they are not Japanese bikes, but people should be aware.

I thought that yesterday's Ducati demo at GP Bikes was great. I took out the awesome 899 and a Hyper, which I thought was disappointing versus what I was hoping for. It was well organized. Nice and helpful people. Snacks and some food. Glad that I've bought most of my gear from GP and I loved that 899. Will probably buy one, which is a shock because I was thinking Hyper. The hypers clutch lever killed it for me.

Thank you gp bikes for such an amazing demo day.... Absolute blast

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I thought that yesterday's Ducati demo at GP Bikes was great. I took out the awesome 899 and a Hyper, which I thought was disappointing versus what I was hoping for. It was well organized. Nice and helpful people. Snacks and some food. Glad that I've bought most of my gear from GP and I loved that 899. Will probably buy one, which is a shock because I was thinking Hyper. The hypers clutch lever killed it for me.
I also rode the 899 and hyperstrada and felt the opposite. The 899 was even more uncomfortable than my gsxr, with a much more bent riding position and rock hard seat, and the amount of heat it puts out cooked my legs. It would be too difficult to go on longer rides with it. The hyper was really nice and faster than I expected, only problem was it lacked a gear indicator.

Back
Top Bottom