2015 Demo Days | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Demo Days

... and the amount of heat it puts out cooked my legs. It would be too difficult to go on longer rides with it.
THIS!!! My thigh was done like dinner after the 45 min ride I did on it in Cambridge. I'm guessing the logic behind it is that with it being a SS, the intended audience would be people riding in one piece leathers which would protect from the heat better. Otherwise, yeah, total deal breaker for me.

The heat from that 899 was bad, I agree, but not a deal breaker for me. I didnt find that the seat was hard, and the clutch worked well for me. However, I couldnt get the clutch on that Hyperstrada to work at the light for the life of me. I couldnt wait for that test ride to end!

I think that my hands would adapt to the 899 - they were aching pretty bad after 30minutes. Probably no worse than other SS's, but that 899 was my first so I dont know.

Are all the kawa demos finished this year?

They had very few this year. They dropped the demo tour they did last year and only provide demos to dealerships that cover the costs.

Lol... too many people showing up and not buying

Aug 22 2015.
VOS Motors 10th Anniversary.

Thank you to Yamaha Canada for letting me demo this 2015 Stryker "SE" in a beautiful color that they call "High Sparkle Green".

IMG_2726_s.jpg

Other photos:

IMG_2723_s.jpg

IMG_2724_s.jpg

It was good! Thanks to Vos for organizing.

Aug 22 2015.
VOS Motors 10th Anniversary.

Thank you to Yamaha Canada for letting me demo this 2015 Stryker "SE" in a beautiful color that they call "High Sparkle Green".

IMG_2726_s.jpg

Not normally a cruiser fan but that is one good looking bike. Loving the colour, too. Put a pair of matching hard cases on that and I could definitely be convinced. You enjoy the ride? What's it like? Enquiring minds want to know...

Last edited:
Not normally a cruiser fan but that is one good looking bike. Loving the colour, too. Put a pair of matching hard cases on that and I could definitely be convinced. You enjoy the ride? What's it like? Enquiring minds want to know...

Short review:

Big cruiser bike rides like big cruiser bike.
1304 cc of toque with low HP.
Upright sitting position, extremely comfortable suspension (to my taste) - there are no potholes anymore.
But compression at the forks can be too soft under hard braking. It dives in.
Yes, you can ride this one the whole day long.

Feels heavy and clumsy when trying to turn. Took me a while to get a hold of it. But I have ridden worse bikes.
Also, to be fair, it seems to be a long wheel- based bike. More stable, a little bit harder to turn.
Also, to be fair, I am not used to fat tires like those.

At speed, it looks like the cowl at the front does not do anything to protect the rider from the wind.

Fit and finish are great. I am not the target market for this right now, but I would consider it in the future. I dig the looks, and it is Japanese reliability.

Back
Top Bottom