2015 Demo Days | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Demo Days

Was in touch with ready power sports today, they said I can't book ahead of time? I have to ask for the bike as the ride goes out

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Was in touch with ready power sports today, they said I can't book ahead of time? I have to ask for the bike as the ride goes out

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

That's common. It sucks if you come a long distance, but the pre booking just adds headaches for them as people don't show up.
Kawasaki does it right, Pre booking with a donation to charity of $10.

Looks like a pretty nice weekend. Anyone been on any demo rides already? I'm planning on going up to Richmond Hill Harley Davidson tomorrow. Anyone else in?

Looks like a pretty nice weekend. Anyone been on any demo rides already? I'm planning on going up to Richmond Hill Harley Davidson tomorrow. Anyone else in?
I did a Honda demo ride today in London. Bit chilly but it was fun. I rode the CBR650F, 500R, and 300R.

I did a Honda demo ride today in London. Bit chilly but it was fun. I rode the CBR650F, 500R, and 300R.
I'll most likely do Markham Honda next weekend, not sure what to ride yet or what time they start. I'm itching to ride CBR600R and CBR1000 if I can with my M2, HD let me ride their SS with my M2 before.. Yamaha @ Snow City the following friday.. R3, R6, R1 they're starting at 10AM it says..
I know Harley is starting at 9AM, Rides starting at 10AM.. Same idea yesterday in London for Honda koma?

I'll most likely do Markham Honda next weekend, not sure what to ride yet or what time they start. I'm itching to ride CBR600R and CBR1000 if I can with my M2, HD let me ride their SS with my M2 before.. Yamaha @ Snow City the following friday.. R3, R6, R1 they're starting at 10AM it says..
I know Harley is starting at 9AM, Rides starting at 10AM.. Same idea yesterday in London for Honda koma?
Yeah, shop was open at 9AM, rides started at 10AM. But you could pre-register on the shop's website in my particular case. Not sure about M2 with the supersports, I thought I overheard the guy at the counter mumble that you need your M for those.

FYI: Kawasaki Demo Tour is not happening this year. Dealers may have their own Demo days, but the Corporate Demos are no more.

I did Brampton honda last year and a full m was needed for cbr600.

Today was a great day for demos- for me at least, even when a few of us got cut off by cagers not paying attention, not signaling and going into our lane.It was pretty great to be on some normal bikes, try some new things/ different things I've never tried. It was a huge change getting back on my bike and riding home. Glad to meet some GTAM members as well, and see some buddies I hadn't seen in almost 2 years.. I Got to ride Nightrod, V-Rod, Wide Glide, Street 750, Switchback, and a Fatbob- good times.

FYI: Kawasaki Demo Tour is not happening this year. Dealers may have their own Demo days, but the Corporate Demos are no more.
That definitely blows. They weren't high on my to-do list but It still sucks for sure. Any word on The Ducati Scrambler Demo Ride CafeRay?

Yeah, shop was open at 9AM, rides started at 10AM. But you could pre-register on the shop's website in my particular case. Not sure about M2 with the supersports, I thought I overheard the guy at the counter mumble that you need your M for those.
I'm going to call them to double check everything. Shoot.

I did Brampton honda last year and a full m was needed for cbr600.
I was afraid of this. That's going to really stink if I can't ride anything larger and more fun, x- anything is good coming off of my C70, but coming off my R1- its all kind of mute, even coming from the Harleys today. It was great to meet you and Craig today.

So I guess the million dollar question is whether theyre doing the SS by CC or by style. Like if I can't ride a CBR600RR or CBR500R with M2, can I ride a NC750S or CB500X or CB500F?? Heck I'll try the classic Goldwing and even the Goldwing Valkryie.. The Valkryie looks fun for sure. I took a look at the Markham Outdoor Power Site/Page on the event- no CBR1000RR.. but yes VFR800, which I'd obviously be interested in but if they don't let me ride based on my license, I'm screwed. Will probably be half as fun as today was.

It's true for my local shop, I asked them last week.

Today was a great day for demos- for me at least, even when a few of us got cut off by cagers not paying attention, not signaling and going into our lane.It was pretty great to be on some normal bikes, try some new things/ different things I've never tried. It was a huge change getting back on my bike and riding home. Glad to meet some GTAM members as well, and see some buddies I hadn't seen in almost 2 years.. I Got to ride Nightrod, V-Rod, Wide Glide, Street 750, Switchback, and a Fatbob- good times.

That definitely blows. They weren't high on my to-do list but It still sucks for sure. Any word on The Ducati Scrambler Demo Ride CafeRay?

I'm going to call them to double check everything. Shoot.

I was afraid of this. That's going to really stink if I can't ride anything larger and more fun, x- anything is good coming off of my C70, but coming off my R1- its all kind of mute, even coming from the Harleys today. It was great to meet you and Craig today.

So I guess the million dollar question is whether theyre doing the SS by CC or by style. Like if I can't ride a CBR600RR or CBR500R with M2, can I ride a NC750S or CB500X or CB500F?? Heck I'll try the classic Goldwing and even the Goldwing Valkryie.. The Valkryie looks fun for sure. I took a look at the Markham Outdoor Power Site/Page on the event- no CBR1000RR.. but yes VFR800, which I'd obviously be interested in but if they don't let me ride based on my license, I'm screwed. Will probably be half as fun as today was.
It's not by CC, you can test ride the 500s with an M2. Not sure about the VFR but the supersports (600RR, 1000RR) are most likely out. Can you not get your M yet?

Brampton Power Sports posted their dates on FB today:
Suzuki: May 2
Honda: May 9
Yamaha: June 6

I am pretty sure I can make it for Suzuki and Yamaha... yay

Brampton Power Sports posted their dates on FB today:
Suzuki: May 2
Honda: May 9
Yamaha: June 6

I am pretty sure I can make it for Suzuki and Yamaha... yay

Shoot I can't be at two demos at once. My bikes to slow to go between the two..I wanted to ride some Suzuki's.. Maybe catch another location.

It's true for my local shop, I asked them last week.

It's not by CC, you can test ride the 500s with an M2. Not sure about the VFR but the supersports (600RR, 1000RR) are most likely out. Can you not get your M yet?
I have to wait until at least next spring to get my M, I've been riding for years but my M2 expired.. So I just got it again before the new year.
If it doesn't go by CC, I'll go for Goldwing Valkryie for sure, and NC750S as well. Markham Honda apparently isn't going to have the 1000RR, Did London have it?

Last edited:
Anybody know when the KTM demo rides are? Wouldn't mind testing an 1190 Adventure ;) ... and 1290 Super Adventure if available heh heh

Shoot I can't be at two demos at once. My bikes to slow to go between the two..I wanted to ride some Suzuki's.. Maybe catch another location.

I have to wait until at least next spring to get my M, I've been riding for years but my M2 expired.. So I just got it again before the new year.
If it doesn't go by CC, I'll go for Goldwing Valkryie for sure, and NC750S as well. Markham Honda apparently isn't going to have the 1000RR, Did London have it?
I only remember seeing the 600RR now that you mention it.

To be truly honest.... Most demo days are a complete waste of time.... Either because of the slow route they take.... Other riders in the group... Weather.... Time

If you truly want to check out a bike.... Contact your local dealer and do a one on one ride where you can pick time/day and the route you take and not have to worry about other riders

Back
Top Bottom