Buying brand new motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying brand new motorcycle

Rrrookie

Hello Everybody,
I am looking to buy my first bike in Canada. I have riding experience in Asia on smaller bike(by the way I am not asian).
Anyway most likely I will go for new Yamaha R3 320 cc. MSRP $4999 plus fees and taxes. I am wondering how negotiable is the price usually? I can go either financing or cash. It would be nice to know what is dealers final price on that bike.
I hope I will join our riding community in couple of weeks. Thanka guys:).

As the season approaches you are going to have a harder time getting a REALLY killer deal. Those smaller bikes sell themselves. Negotiable will depend on if the dealer needs you or not.. (usually not.. lol) I would just pay cash and own the thing. You might be able to get around $500 knocked off. I can't see the margin being big enough to support much more.

Good luck though, and hopefully you get your bike sooner than later!

If you can afford it, cash is a better way to go. Financing isn't free, and can cost a lot of money. That's why all the dealerships are so happy to give to to people; they make a lot of money doing it. If you do the math for what a bike will actually cost you over the entire length of payments, you might be shocked. There are a lot of guys who don't understand this and end up owing almost double what the bike was ever worth.

Example: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...300-se-non-abs-basically-brand-new/1062025608

that made my day.

Avoid financing if you can, its typically expensive on "toys". If you haven't already done so, shop for insurance first. You will be hard-pressed to get any money off an entry level bike. You can try, but don't be surprised if they do not budge, especially on a current model new release. Maybe you can get a 1000km inspection/oil change thrown in, but I doubt they will do more. Not being a pessimist, just being realistic. Good luck, looks like a nice bike.

Hello Everybody,
I am looking to buy my first bike in Canada. I have riding experience in Asia on smaller bike(by the way I am not asian).
Anyway most likely I will go for new Yamaha R3 320 cc. MSRP $4999 plus fees and taxes. I am wondering how negotiable is the price usually? I can go either financing or cash. It would be nice to know what is dealers final price on that bike.
I hope I will join our riding community in couple of weeks. Thanka guys:).

Thanks for fast replies guys.
By the way other fees before tax in VOS Motors they told me $250 for pdi plus $140 freight. so in total with tax estimated price before plates will be $6089.57.
In Snow City in Scarborough they said their pdi and freight is $450.
I wonder can I knock off pdi fee plus another couple hundred or am I just dreaming?
About financing.. I actually have no cash now but I have big line of credit at 6%. I can just pay cash and then pay my debt to line of credit. But concidering I have a good credit I can probably get 2.9% from Yamaha.
But will it help to bring total price down if I just pay cash? In this case I will use my line of credit.

You may actually be able to get a better price if financed as the dealer gets a kickback from the financing company.

sent from a device using a program

It usually doesn't matter as you negotiate price first then talk about payment. But definitely true that in many cases, financing is better for them.

A model that is few years in the running gives you more bargaining power. That Yamaha just came out.

Try to get some free gear or accesories at least, sometimes they'll throw something in.

$6,000 buys a whole lot of a used bike btw.

Well, not much other options. I do not want big engine to avoid paying high insurance. For used my inly option will be 2013 ninja 300 and i do not want to go for 250. i can maybe save a thousand compare to new yamaha so I think new yamaha is my best option. But I will be interested to hear some suggestion about used bikes as well.

St onge up in Barrie is usually no pdi etc. Just tax on the msrp. If you can go there. And avoid vos motors.

For the new Yami 300, know that is it a new bike/model, and since it isn't all that expensive they'll move a lot less on price, vs say a bike that has been around for a while, and might even be last years model. That said, I'd always see if they'd come down, even if that only amounts to $250-500. When I bought my CBR650F which had only been in Canada a few weeks, I managed to get them to waive PDI fees since the bike was pretty much ready to go out of crate.

When I previously bought my CBR250RA though, another dealership wouldn't really move at all, but I did get clearance pricing on a 2011 plus 1-2 Honda factory rebates that were on at that time.

from my car purchasing knowledge.

for a new line of product, I think you best bet is asking accessories credit and discount for future maintenance.

or if you can find others to make a group purchasing

hope this could help

Last edited:
Benny, yes I will drive to Barrie if if will save me few hundred bucks. I am from North York. Not too far.
By the way why stay away from VOS? They look like nice busy dealership when I was there.
Owl, group purchasing is nice idea but I do not know any friends who rides. I will have to look for new friends to ride with after I get my bike.

Benny, yes I will drive to Barrie if if will save me few hundred bucks. I am from North York. Not too far.
By the way why stay away from VOS? They look like nice busy dealership when I was there.
Owl, group purchasing is nice idea but I do not know any friends who rides. I will have to look for new friends to ride with after I get my bike.

I bought my bike at vos and they sold it to me for considerably less than any other dealer could. I have several friends who have purchased here also with 0 problem. The whole "avoid vos" advice is great coming from people who have never made a purchase there :rolleyes:

Just pick up a used 300. You'll be good :)

My age is 34. I got M2 in october 2014. Perfect driving record. I have AZ for 2 years and full G since 2004. I am thinking to go to State Farm for insurance.
I think 250 will not be enough for me. I want to buy 300 or 320 and keep it for 3 years. Thinking about new because very small difference in prices for ninja 300 2013 and brand new. And Honda has 300 only for 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom