Motorcycle Wars-Speed Thrills - Jerry Deluca - Executive Producer's Introduction | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Wars-Speed Thrills - Jerry Deluca - Executive Producer's Introduction

Jerry

My name is Jerry Deluca. It's not uncommon for a friend or colleague to approach me and ask..."what'ch ya build'n". I love digg'n in...on creatively challenging projects.

Like any semi-pro garage guy should, I make a finite plan and execute with tenacity, patience and I surround myself with good characters. My last build was featured in the 2013 July Issue of CYCLE Canada Magazine and has also placed 1st in the 2012 & 2013 sports bike class at the Toronto Motorcycle SUPER Show.

I have an motorcycle passion especially admiring the art of the racing motorcycles and the characters who ride them.

My next project is called Motorcycle Wars- Speed Thrills and I'd like to use this GTAM multimedia forum to talk about the project and report on its status. Its a great place to get feedback and the help the production team become the best it can...after all, what better place is there to chat than the GTA Motorcycle forum! Officially, Ontario's largest motorcycle website!...and in my opinion, unofficially, the largest organically grown site in Canada!

Great time to check out the video – The crowd funding pitch via Kickstarter. [video]https://youtu.be/xupV3OlNkJQ[/video]

So, with Kickstarter I’m introducing...my work on a motorsport reality web cast/web series project involving interesting characters racing their super bikes, moreover I'm introducing an experienced and talented production crew.

What is it? It’s a web series. The racing, it’s the last 3 laps of a traditional motorcycle race. Pro Superbike riders go head to head - drag’em style. It’s a series of one-on-one, short, road-circuit races that crowns a Champion. It’s a racing format they’re not used to, but prize money is offered. It’s real racing.

The core of the series is the furious action on the race track but the production crew will capture the drama, the real life events leading up to each intense race. The format is much like an elimination event. Racers will qualify, and then run through a win or loose elimination ladder…its pretty simple.

The essence of the web series is that it supports the riders and their community. It gets them the exposure they need. The episodes will be shot and post produced with a skilled crew giving us great content.

If you like motorcycles and you like the idea of Motorcycle Wars...and I seem to be not too much of a wing nut...I urge you to back the project now.

Help me and my team of pros make Motorcycle WARS - Speed Thrills, a motorcycle racing web series, a success by backing this project.

Visit the website and click on PLEDGE. www.motorcyclewars.ca
Or
Visit the Kickstarter Page and Pledge after reading all about it. www.kickstarter.com/profile/motorcyclewars

PLEDGE and you’ll be supporting local and national racers in their promotional and racing efforts.

Friend me on Facebook - search Jerry Deluca

Have fun. Ride safe.
Jerry Deluca.

Here is my ride...a 3 year build and a few hurdles to climb...'73 Kawasaki H1 power plant (2 stroke), R6 front end 2005, VFR800 rear end 2000, Ducati 749 tank and seat and custom fit Ducati 916 body.

UltimateCafeRider 40.jpg

I haven't been to any shows yet this year so this is the first I'm hearing of this. Is all your shooting being done in August? And you're targeting fall of this year to publish this?

Hey TwistedKestrel -the main event is being targeted for August 26th yes, but I'm planning on running an invitational, an elimination competition with prize money in early June. We'll shoot with fewer field cameras but cover some cool raw footage for cool content. More of a scaled down version to test the elimination process. Looking forward to that..should be alot of fun...The day will provide some track time for a few invited licensed riders (likely just 600 class) with qualifying and then ordered eliminations. More to iron out before we publish a racer invite formally. Cheers and thanks for the questions. - Jerry - just a quick add on...Publishing for August is Fall yes...but for the June event...we'll publish as soon as the post work is complete...maybe a couple of weeks after event...

Last edited:
Wow...that is one sweet lookin' bike. It must have been quite the challenge to build the bike - but certainly pays off in the end. Good on you, Jerry.

Hi loriD, I have a complete detail photo log of every detail of the build. Of course all the receipts as they were needed to get the MTO on my side...i.e. to street legalize it...Evey part ordered from eBay or other online stores arrived as promised on time....not one mishap. If I told you every single online transaction was AAA++++, would you believe me. No real issues that ultimately wasn't a positive project affect. To serve a s a contrast...here is day 1000...and UltimateCafeRiderCandids 107.jpg

You seem to have a plan and plenty of passion. Good start. Wish you plenty of success.

Back
Top Bottom